It's time for a traffic rant.

05 Dec 2011 10:46 #61 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

If someone's trying to tackle snow and ice in 4 low, They're too stupid to own a real transfer case.

Isn't 4 low for when you are already stuck in the ditch?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2011 10:47 #62 by Nobody that matters

Becky wrote: OK....Let me see if I follow this.
She turns from the left turn lane into the left lane so that she can think about whether or not she wants to turn left into Target. At some point she decides she does not and is still in the left lane trying to decide if she wants to change lanes and is upset because other drivers are continuing in the right lane and somehow could not read her mind and understand that she really wanted to be in the right lane after all.
Do I have the situation clear now?

She should have had her hazards on... That would have fixed everything.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

05 Dec 2011 10:47 - 05 Dec 2011 10:52 #63 by Photo-fish

Becky wrote: My skills are OK but not as good as say my husband's who spent years driving in Green Bay. (How about those Packers)

WOOT! :woo hoo:

I grew up diving in the tundra as well. Heck they actually plowed lanes across some of the lakes up there and that cut a good 20 minutes off some folks commutes. Ever try to go as fast as your vehicle can go on ice? And then pull the parking break? If you have front wheel drive it works better in reverse BTW. Just stay away from those channels that bring warm spring water into the lake (Splash).

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

05 Dec 2011 10:48 #64 by CC
LOL

05 Dec 2011 10:51 #65 by Hoot Owl
I am pretty much to stupid to own a transfer case but, heck it came with the truck. 4wd low seems to be 4wd dig. I only get stucker

05 Dec 2011 10:53 #66 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

Photo-fish wrote:

Becky wrote: My skills are OK but not as good as say my husband's who spent years driving in Green Bay. (How about those Packers)

WOOT! :woo hoo:

I grew up diving in the tundra as well. Heck they actually plowed lanes across some of the lakes up there and that cut a good 20 minutes off some folks commutes. Ever try to go as fast as your vehicle can go on ice? And then pull the parking break? If you have front wheel drive it works better in reverse BTW. Just stay away from those channels that bring warm spring water into the lake (Splash).

Packers are now officially boring. LOL

05 Dec 2011 10:56 #67 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
You know what I think I am going to turn on my hazard lights next time. And sorry but the highway is even worse in all this.

05 Dec 2011 10:57 #68 by Nobody that matters

Becky wrote:

If someone's trying to tackle snow and ice in 4 low, They're too stupid to own a real transfer case.

Isn't 4 low for when you are already stuck in the ditch?

Depends on the vehicle. In a fully loaded heavy truck with narrow tires and chains, yeah 4low will let you motor out of the ditch. Basically, you're plowing your way out.

In any lighter vehicle (including most SUVs) without tire chains, you need to get on top of, and stay on top of the deep snow. That requires speed and momentum, which requires 4hi.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

05 Dec 2011 11:00 #69 by CC
But they are 12-0 so they can be boring all the way to the SuperBowl.

My only dilemma is who to cheer for if it is Denver and Green bay.

Tebow, Tebow, Tebow

05 Dec 2011 11:08 #70 by chickaree
CG, haters gonna hate. The rest of us know that stuff happens especially in bad weather and that mean people make life harder for the rest of us. I'd have let you in. :wink:

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds