It's time for a traffic rant.

05 Dec 2011 08:57 #11 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: Would that prior planning always worked. Took me 3 HOURS to get to work last Thursday - not because of my poor planning, since I left home over an hour early. People who are afraid of the snow and ice should just stay home. Seriously.

Afraid? So subjective. Everyone has a choice of how fast to go and some of the fast drivers are downright aggressive. If you want to drive faster than the speed limit or above what conditions call for do it, but don't force the world to go your speed by driving behind their bumper.

....or don't ever drive in the fast lane impeding faster drivers progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2011 08:58 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

AlpineMike wrote: I have little trust in other drivers regardless of road conditions.
I believe some drivers feel they must move too fast in poor driving conditions to prove they are more experienced behind the wheel. This mentality proves dangerous.
Visibility is very important when it comes to winter (or any) driving. If a driver is moving slow...poor visibility and/or fear may be the cause. Poor vehicle condition may be a factor as well. Poor tire condition can influence any driver.
I only wish extremely slow drivers could give room for more confident drivers to pass in bad driving conditions.
I had visibility issues tonight in "blizzard" conditions. I was fine until a bunch of traffic decided they could not safely reach the speed needed to pass. I'm too slow, yet too fast to pass.
I was driving 45 mph in low visibility "blizzard" conditions on 285. Some 285 drivers want to pass me at speeds near 50 mph in such "blizzard" conditions. They would slow down after passing and drive with caution. Now I'm driving 30 mph with a vehicle in front that passed with speeds around 50 mph to pass. What is that all about?
If you feel passing is dangerous....it may be dangerous. Trust your instincts and follow your first thought. One ego desire can create a disaster in such driving conditions.
Road rage does not mix well with any driving condition, less "blizzard" conditions at night. Please People Drive SAFE!!!

:yeahthat:

05 Dec 2011 09:01 #13 by CinnamonGirl

Becky wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: Would that prior planning always worked. Took me 3 HOURS to get to work last Thursday - not because of my poor planning, since I left home over an hour early. People who are afraid of the snow and ice should just stay home. Seriously.

Afraid? So subjective. Everyone has a choice of how fast to go and some of the fast drivers are downright aggressive. If you want to drive faster than the speed limit or above what conditions call for do it, but don't force the world to go your speed by driving behind their bumper.

That is the kind of attitude I was talking about. It is all about the fast drivers and their being impeded. they don't believe that anyone should be getting in their way or that traffic should be slowing them down. Unless I am reading you wrong.

05 Dec 2011 09:05 #14 by CC
There is a designated lane for slower drivers.....duh!

It is the above stated attitude that causes a lot of rage on the road. Just follow the law damn it.
All of us other @ss????? that want to do the speed limit will try and stay out of your slow lane.

05 Dec 2011 09:11 #15 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Becky wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

That is the kind of attitude I was talking about. It is all about the fast drivers and their being impeded. they don't believe that anyone should be getting in their way or that traffic should be slowing them down. Unless I am reading you wrong.

So why is it that the drivers who are comfortable have the attitude and not those driving slow in the fast lane tapping their brakes trying to slow down and control everyone elses driving? SO do you feel that it is OK for a person who is uncomfortable with their driving and the conditions to get in the left lane in the first place and drive 20 mph with a line of cars behind them, tapping their brakes telling everyone else who is more comfortable with conditions to slow down?

I have never felt that ONE person should have the right to try and dictate everyone elses speed just because they are not comfortable. That is not only extremely selfish and inconsiderate but dangerous. Think of all the cars that have to switch lanes to have to drive around people like that rather than one car just moving over and driving as slow as they want. They had that article out last year about how slow drivers in the left lane cause more accidents because they make everyone else have to hit their brakes which causes a chain of cars to have to do that and then all of them have to pass rather than that one person just move the hell over instead of trying to prove a point and dictate others speed. It is a controlling thing and I hate to say it but 9 times out of 10 they all have an Obama sticker on their car. It is their mentality. Controlling other instead of just moving over and worrying about yourselves. Then let them go in the ditch if they go to fast. That is theri decision. I have come around icy curves on 285 and the traffic is almost stopped and we have to hit our brakes and pray we don't slide. After miles of people passing and I finally get to the front, I see it is one person in the left lane who refuses to move over. THEY are the most dangerous drivers on the road.

05 Dec 2011 09:12 #16 by CinnamonGirl

Becky wrote: There is a designated lane for slower drivers.....duh!

It is the above stated attitude that causes a lot of rage on the road. Just follow the law damn it.
All of us other @ss????? that want to do the speed limit will try and stay out of your slow lane.

Wow.... Coming from someone that hears the accidents that happen around here that surprises me. I agree with Alpine Mike. If you get in a bad accident you might feel differently.

05 Dec 2011 09:13 #17 by The Viking

Thank you! Why do you think they passed a law for driving too slow in the left lane in Colorado. They recognized how dangerous selfish drivers are to people who are comfortable driving the speed limit or over 20 on a little snow.

05 Dec 2011 09:14 #18 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: Wow.... Coming from someone that hears the accidents that happen around here that surprises me. I agree with Alpine Mike. If you get in a bad accident you might feel differently.

THAT IS THEIR CHOICE!!! This is America! What gives other the right to dictate how fast others should drive and force them to ride their brakes down the hill on ice and snow?

05 Dec 2011 09:15 #19 by CC

The Viking wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Becky wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

So why is it that the drivers who are comfortable have the attitude and not those driving slow in the fast lane tapping their brakes trying to slow down and control everyone elses driving? SO do you feel that it is OK for a person who is uncomfortable with their driving and the conditions to get in the left lane in the first place and drive 20 mph with a line of cars behind them, tapping their brakes telling everyone else who is more comfortable with conditions to slow down?

I have never felt that ONE person should have the right to try and dictate everyone elses speed just because they are not comfortable. That is not only extremely selfish and inconsiderate but dangerous. Think of all the cars that have to switch lanes to have to drive around people like that rather than one car just moving over and driving as slow as they want. They had that article out last year about how slow drivers in the left lane cause more accidents because they make everyone else have to hit their brakes which causes a chain of cars to have to do that and then all of them have to pass rather than that one person just move the hell over instead of trying to prove a point and dictate others speed. It is a controlling thing and I hate to say it but 9 times out of 10 they all have an Obama sticker on their car. It is their mentality. Controlling other instead of just moving over and worrying about yourselves. Then let them go in the ditch if they go to fast. That is theri decision. I have come around icy curves on 285 and the traffic is almost stopped and we have to hit our brakes and pray we don't slide. After miles of people passing and I finally get to the front, I see it is one person in the left lane who refuses to move over. THEY are the most dangerous drivers on the road.

Exactly!!!!!!
Just and FYI.....I am one of those boneheads driving in the SLOW lane as I am not confidant of my driving skills in the snow. I DON'T pass judgement on those who have better tires, better skills or more confidence in their ability.
If you need to drive below the posted speed......no problem. Just don't decide how everyone around you has to drive based on your sensibilities and GET OUT of the fast lane.

05 Dec 2011 09:18 #20 by CC

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Wow.... Coming from someone that hears the accidents that happen around here that surprises me. I agree with Alpine Mike. If you get in a bad accident you might feel differently.

Give it a rest CG.
I can only speak to my own level of ability....I do not try to control how others negotiate the highways and byways of this great nation.

(Here we go......an all day argument on what buttheads we are up here because we don't see the world through CG's glasses.)

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds