It's time for a traffic rant.

05 Dec 2011 09:19 #21 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
And...... I have been in a terrible accident and raised 4 kids through some pretty terrible accidents.
I still feel the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2011 09:26 #22 by ComputerBreath
I see too many people over-driving either their limits, the limitations of the vehicle they are driving, or the limits of the road conditions. I slow down and let them pass when they insist, though sometimes when they are passing dangerously, I slow down and make sure they get as far in front of me as possible.

Earlier this year, had I not been following at to me was a "safe" distance, I'd'a run into at least one vehicle if not two 'cuz the curve was slick as hot grease...thank God it was also the one time the vehicle behind me was not following right on my bumper.

When driving back to Fairplay from Denver and exiting onto 470 from 6th Avenue, I usually end up in the "fast" far left lane...because my exit is quite a ways down the road and it is easier for me to be in that lane and get into the middle one (which turns into the right one after the Morrison exit)...a lot of times, if vehicles in the lane immediately to my right won't let me in, I just leave my blinker on and slow way down...eventually someone lets me in.

I tend to drive a little slower than others anyways...usually the speed limit or if the roads are bad a little under...and if there are people riding my butt, I'll find somewhere to pull over and let 'em go by me. I too have had horns honking at me and lights flashing and some fingers, but when I pass these guys later down the road and they are in the ditch, I wave and laugh as I drive by.

05 Dec 2011 09:30 #23 by The Viking

Becky wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Becky wrote: There is a designated lane for slower drivers.....duh!

It is the above stated attitude that causes a lot of rage on the road. Just follow the law damn it.
All of us other @ss????? that want to do the speed limit will try and stay out of your slow lane.

Wow.... Coming from someone that hears the accidents that happen around here that surprises me. I agree with Alpine Mike. If you get in a bad accident you might feel differently.

Give it a rest CG.
I can only speak to my own level of ability....I do not try to control how others negotiate the highways and byways of this great nation.

(Here we go......an all day argument on what buttheads we are up here because we don't see the world through CG's glasses.)

Exactly! Even if I am going over the speed limit and I see people coming up faster behind me, I will move over long before they get to me to let them pass so they do not have to hit their brakes. It is called common courtesy. People who speed and are courteous are FAR safer than those who are very disrespectful of others and try and control everyone elses speed!

05 Dec 2011 09:33 #24 by The Viking

ComputerBreath wrote: I see too many people over-driving either their limits, the limitations of the vehicle they are driving, or the limits of the road conditions. I slow down and let them pass when they insist, though sometimes when they are passing dangerously, I slow down and make sure they get as far in front of me as possible.

Earlier this year, had I not been following at to me was a "safe" distance, I'd'a run into at least one vehicle if not two 'cuz the curve was slick as hot grease...thank God it was also the one time the vehicle behind me was not following right on my bumper.

When driving back to Fairplay from Denver and exiting onto 470 from 6th Avenue, I usually end up in the "fast" far left lane...because my exit is quite a ways down the road and it is easier for me to be in that lane and get into the middle one (which turns into the right one after the Morrison exit)...a lot of times, if vehicles in the lane immediately to my right won't let me in, I just leave my blinker on and slow way down...eventually someone lets me in.

I tend to drive a little slower than others anyways...usually the speed limit or if the roads are bad a little under...and if there are people riding my butt, I'll find somewhere to pull over and let 'em go by me. I too have had horns honking at me and lights flashing and some fingers, but when I pass these guys later down the road and they are in the ditch, I wave and laugh as I drive by.

And I totally respect you for driving like that rather than trying to prove a point and control others. And if you get to laugh at them in the ditch then that was their choice and they will know better the next time.

05 Dec 2011 09:36 #25 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

Here we go......an all day argument on what buttheads we are up here because we don't see the world through CG's glasses.

I never called anyone that and I was talking about an experience I had down here. Don't put words in my mouth. Am I not allowed to have an opinion? And I don't think people up there are different from down here. If I had issue with people up there I would never post and would never had started a site for the people in your community that were being treated poorly by another site.

05 Dec 2011 09:37 #26 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote: So why is it that the drivers who are comfortable have the attitude and not those driving slow in the fast lane tapping their brakes trying to slow down and control everyone elses driving? SO do you feel that it is OK for a person who is uncomfortable with their driving and the conditions to get in the left lane in the first place and drive 20 mph with a line of cars behind them, tapping their brakes telling everyone else who is more comfortable with conditions to slow down?

I have never felt that ONE person should have the right to try and dictate everyone elses speed just because they are not comfortable. Think of all the cars that have to switch lanes to have to drive around people like that rather than one car just moving over and driving as slow as they want. They had that article out last year about how slow drivers in the left lane cause more accidents because they make everyone else have to hit their brakes which causes a chain of cars to have to do that and then all of them have to pass rather than that one person just move the hell over instead of trying to prove a point and dictate others speed. Controlling other instead of just moving over and worrying about yourselves.

Before you went off on your lecture, did you actually read what CG wrote:

So, ice all over and I am in the fast lane. I do not want to be in that lane but I can't get in the right lane because all the 'fast' drivers are passing on the right and just won't let me move over and they all are honking at me. I couldn't get over.

CinnamonGirl wrote:

gmule wrote: when the roads are icy I stay out of the fast lane to begin with that way I won't get hung out there.

It was on a turn, I had no choice.

Knowing CG as well as I do, I can assure you that the last thing that she was trying to do was to control other people's driving - she doesn't operate like that. Otherwise, I absolutely agree that no one person has the right to dictate other people's speeds. Hopefully, when they learn their lesson, they don't harm someone else in the process.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Dec 2011 09:42 #27 by CC

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Here we go......an all day argument on what buttheads we are up here because we don't see the world through CG's glasses.

I never called anyone that and I was talking about an experience I had down here. Don't put words in my mouth. Am I not allowed to have an opinion and I don't think people up there are different from down here. If I had issue with people up there I would never post and would never had started a site for the people in your community that were being treated poorly by another site.

Your have a right to your opinion but the great thing about this site is that you will also be required to defend it.
I think we should think of some award for you for starting this site so that we can quit being reminded of it every time you are challenged here.

05 Dec 2011 09:43 #28 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote:

The Viking wrote: So why is it that the drivers who are comfortable have the attitude and not those driving slow in the fast lane tapping their brakes trying to slow down and control everyone elses driving? SO do you feel that it is OK for a person who is uncomfortable with their driving and the conditions to get in the left lane in the first place and drive 20 mph with a line of cars behind them, tapping their brakes telling everyone else who is more comfortable with conditions to slow down?

I have never felt that ONE person should have the right to try and dictate everyone elses speed just because they are not comfortable. Think of all the cars that have to switch lanes to have to drive around people like that rather than one car just moving over and driving as slow as they want. They had that article out last year about how slow drivers in the left lane cause more accidents because they make everyone else have to hit their brakes which causes a chain of cars to have to do that and then all of them have to pass rather than that one person just move the hell over instead of trying to prove a point and dictate others speed. Controlling other instead of just moving over and worrying about yourselves.

Before you went off on your lecture, did you actually read what CG wrote:

So, ice all over and I am in the fast lane. I do not want to be in that lane but I can't get in the right lane because all the 'fast' drivers are passing on the right and just won't let me move over and they all are honking at me. I couldn't get over.

CinnamonGirl wrote:

gmule wrote: when the roads are icy I stay out of the fast lane to begin with that way I won't get hung out there.

Knowing CG as well as I do, I can assure you that the last thing that she was trying to do was to control other people's driving - she doesn't operate like that. Otherwise, I absolutely agree that no one person has the right to dictate other people's speeds. Hopefully, when they learn their lesson, they don't harm someone else in the process.

Are you being serious? She said people were passing on the right and she couldn't move over. Why would someone even be in the left lane driving slow in the first place. And if you put a blinker on, people will MORE than want to let you move over. And SC get off your high horse! I post a legitimate post and you call it a rant. I never once used CG's name. I was using generic examples. Why don't YOU read the posts??

05 Dec 2011 09:44 #29 by CC
I read it SC. The thread took an obvious pathway and it was addressed.
Surely CG can fight her own battles here.....right?

05 Dec 2011 09:47 #30 by CC

OK....explain it.

When you take your basic driving test, you are required to maintain the same lane you turned from through the turn.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds