It's time for a traffic rant.

08 Dec 2011 15:48 #131 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
Turning my warning flashers on now so you can see me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2011 15:52 #132 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

Photo-fish wrote: If I am going the speed limit (or more) and you are riding on my a$$ on a single lane, how am I s'posed to let you know that you are following a bit too close? I could wave at you but you'd prolly just wave back or flip me off. I can't wave you around because there may not be room to pass. I could flip you off but that leads to more rage. I am not slowing and pulling off the road to allow you to go around, because why should I have to get off the road when I am going the speed limit or more. OR I could gently and quickly tap my brakes to signal you to back off a bit (That's me being courteous). If you are not giving me the same 3 seconds stopping distance that I allow the person in front of me, then I will let you know somehow. If you don't allow 3 second stopping distance between you and the car in front of you then you are not being cautious and in my opinion are being reckless.

Yes, brake checking or standing on your brakes to cause the driver behind you to do the same and possibly lose control is irresponsible. I would not recommend that but you can tap your brakes without decreasing your speed. Anyone with any driving experience should know what that 'tapping' means and what distance is appropriate to follow other vehicles.

If you are in an absolute emergency and need to pass, then quick flash your lamps. I will look back and you can wave me over. I am a fairly aggressive driver but if I get somebody on my butt that is a total rager then I will still pull over and then follow to get their plates.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: How about this- Don't think, just speed up or get out of the way. You know, like you would if you encountered someone walking faster than you on the sidewalk..Driving is a social activity and many humans have terrible social skills nowadays..You wanna go slow, I wanna go fast, we can work this out people

08 Dec 2011 16:03 #133 by Photo-fish
I am already speeding in single lane traffic and your still on my butt. You want me to go faster and be reckless just because you are late or impatient? Grow up.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

08 Dec 2011 16:57 #134 by UNDER MODERATION

Photo-fish wrote: I am already speeding in single lane traffic and your still on my butt. You want me to go faster and be reckless just because you are late or impatient? Grow up.

"Oh what do I do, What do I do?!" It's adorable when CG does it, but not when you do.

Move over

08 Dec 2011 17:45 #135 by Photo-fish
Move over to what the ditch? You want me to go faster so I get the ticket and I want you to pass me to get a ticket for passing in a no passing zone.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

08 Dec 2011 18:50 #136 by UNDER MODERATION
c'mon..I've been driving 35 years..Don't act like you always get into these impossible situations out on the road, lets try to go with the flow out there..ok?

Stop being an obstacle and an impediment

08 Dec 2011 18:56 #137 by Photo-fish
So you were the d'bag that was tailgating me at 50 mph on Hwy 73 thru Marshdale?

NICE Avatar BTW. :thumbsup:

09 Dec 2011 07:15 #138 by Nobody that matters
I should get a break on my road taxes. I drive so fast I only hit the high spots.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

09 Dec 2011 08:26 #139 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

It's adorable when CG does it, but not when you do.

I don't think it was adorable to many people on this thread. You did see the posts from Becky and Viking right?
According to them I am a loser for driving like that. And should be strung up for using my vehicle as a weapon because I got in the way.

09 Dec 2011 09:44 #140 by chickaree

CinnamonGirl wrote:

It's adorable when CG does it, but not when you do.

I don't think it was adorable to many people on this thread. You did see the posts from Becky and Viking right?
According to them I am a loser for driving like that. And should be strung up for using my vehicle as a weapon because I got in the way.

No, that was a case of the aggressors blaming the victim.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds