It's time for a traffic rant.

09 Dec 2011 11:08 #151 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
As said before I know someone that thinks the problem is Audi, BMW drivers.

I have never been in an accident with another vehicle and have only had two tickets in my whole life. I have hit a couple cones before when I had our really big conversion van, I hit a pole with yellow paint. But I drove that thing all over. I have to admit, I got alot of respect with hat van. People let me over because they did not want to get in an accident with a van. Maybe that is where all this aggressiveness comes from. Could it be power?

All I know is if you drive like crazy and get killed you don't get a second chance. And if you want to screw your own vehicle, body , or kill yourself that is your problem. But to not 'get along' with others is the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Dec 2011 11:11 #152 by Nobody that matters
When in doubt, the worst paint job has the right of way.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

09 Dec 2011 11:12 #153 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
ON my driving test the only thing I failed was the parallel parking test. Still can't do it.

09 Dec 2011 11:13 #154 by ScienceChic

Nobody that matters wrote: There's nobody else on the road when I'm driving.... There's only moving car shaped pylons scattered around my racecourse.

:yeahthat: :biggrin: But I don't ever cut anyone off or tailgate...I can wait at a safe distance until you figure it out that you need to move! tongue: Having kids sucks for my recklessness though; not only can I not be reckless with them in the car, now I have to be mindful that they need their mom around and have to behave more even when by myself. Sigh. I'll just look forward to being a crazy old lady!

(And Subaru drivers are the worst in terms of slowness, followed by Land Rovers and Explorers, and anyone with a Democrat bumper sticker!) lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Dec 2011 11:18 #155 by Nobody that matters
If anyone wants to become the perfect legal driver, just let my two boys ride in the back seat...

"Dad, the sign said 35 and you're doing 40!"
"Dad, the sign said Stop, not Slow Down"
"Dad, that green light was really yellow looking"
"Dad, why are you muttering words that Mom doesn't like?"
"Dad, why are we stopping?"
"Dad, I'll shut up, I don't wanna walk home".

:biggrin:

09 Dec 2011 11:19 #156 by Nobody that matters

CinnamonGirl wrote: ON my driving test the only thing I failed was the parallel parking test. Still can't do it.

Just get a new luxury car that'll park it's self - technology is taking over for all our shortcomings.

09 Dec 2011 11:27 #157 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

CinnamonGirl wrote: As said before I know someone that thinks the problem is Audi, BMW drivers.

I have never been in an accident with another vehicle and have only had two tickets in my whole life. I have hit a couple cones before when I had our really big conversion van, I hit a pole with yellow paint. But I drove that thing all over. I have to admit, I got alot of respect with hat van. People let me over because they did not want to get in an accident with a van. Maybe that is where all this aggressiveness comes from. Could it be power?

All I know is if you drive like crazy and get killed you don't get a second chance. And if you want to screw your own vehicle, body , or kill yourself that is your problem. But to not 'get along' with others is the problem.

Too bad everyones not like you CG

09 Dec 2011 12:52 #158 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
Speaking of tickets......
I just paid a ticket that I truly believe was ultimately intended for the guy flying past me in the fast lane.
I was speeding on 285. I had my cruise control set at 59. My better half was right behind me doing the exact same speed in cruise control. We were both in the slow lane. As I approached Wagon Trl on 285, I spotted a motorcycle deputy parked on Wagon Trl. I instinctively tapped my breaks and slowed to about 54. A guy in the fast lane flew past me doing about 75. The deputy turned on his lights. I assumed he was going to go after the guy doing 75 but nope......he pulled me over and claimed that he clocked me doing 74 in a 55.
I fought the ticket and ultimately paid a ticket for doing between 1-4 over the limit as I had been doing 4 over the limit. But if I had not fought it.....I would have ultimately paid for the guy who was really speeding.
How does a radar gun distinguish who is speeding in that situation?

09 Dec 2011 12:56 #159 by Nobody that matters

Becky wrote: Speaking of tickets......
I just paid a ticket that I truly believe was ultimately intended for the guy flying past me in the fast lane.
I was speeding on 285. I had my cruise control set at 59. My better half was right behind me doing the exact same speed in cruise control. We were both in the slow lane. As I approached Wagon Trl on 285, I spotted a motorcycle deputy parked on Wagon Trl. I instinctively tapped my breaks and slowed to about 54. A guy in the fast lane flew past me doing about 75. The deputy turned on his lights. I assumed he was going to go after the guy doing 75 but nope......he pulled me over and claimed that he clocked me doing 74 in a 55.
I fought the ticket and ultimately paid a ticket for doing between 1-4 over the limit as I had been doing 4 over the limit. But if I had not fought it.....I would have ultimately paid for the guy who was really speeding.
How does a radar gun distinguish who is speeding in that situation?

Laser can distinguish individual cars, radar cannot. The beam on a radar unit isn't tight enough.

09 Dec 2011 12:58 #160 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
So.....I wonder how many times this happens to people?

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds