It's time for a traffic rant.

08 Dec 2011 08:11 #121 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

Nobody that matters wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: You know what I mean.

Yeah, those darn Subaru drivers.

I blend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2011 08:18 #122 by ComputerBreath
Since living in Turkey for a couple years and Italy for one year, and Texas for 7 years...I tend not to complain. At least most of the people here in Colorado know what lanes are and stay in between the lines that divide them and they know that a yellow light means caution...stop or slow down...not press the gas and get through it quicker.

08 Dec 2011 08:39 #123 by 2wlady
The cops also watch the bright red cars. At least, that's what a coworker told me the cop told him when he was stopped for speeding. He also got the ticket.

08 Dec 2011 08:50 #124 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
Here is a story we just posted on [url=http://www.smokyhillbound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.smokyhillbound.com[/url] blog.

CENTENNIAL, Colo. — The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a gray pickup truck involved in two road rage incidents, including one where the other driver was run over.

The vehicle is described as a dark gray four-door Ford F-150.At 10:25 Friday night, a man reported that a F-150 was tailgating him from the area of South Parker Road and South Chambers to the 10300 block of East Arapahoe Road in Centennial, near the Groove Mazda dealership.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/29 ... etail.html

08 Dec 2011 08:52 #125 by Martin Ent Inc

2wlady wrote: The cops also watch the bright red cars. At least, that's what a coworker told me the cop told him when he was stopped for speeding. He also got the ticket.

Not true, snopes, road and track, several other sources.

08 Dec 2011 09:00 #126 by chickaree
My latest pet peeve is the third lane on C-470 coming down to Morrison from I-70. You always have inconsiderate jerks who stay until the third lane until the last second then dive over to avoid exiting. They make everyone slam on their brakes and end up causing a huge traffic jam. If you want to cut the line by driving in that lane, just get off at Morrison if you can't reenter traffic. Duh.

08 Dec 2011 09:44 #127 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote:

chickaree wrote: Traffic is a system. You have to work with and not against the other drivers. It's selfish idiots who think they are special for whatever reason that cause 98% of the problems. It's not your job to discipline other drivers.

:yeahthat:

Absolutely chickaree. No one should try and dicipline or control others driving. Just be courteous and worry about you own driving instead of trying to dictate other people's driving.

08 Dec 2011 09:51 #128 by The Viking

Martin Ent Inc wrote: They will ticket you for tapping your brakes so to say.
And have an associate that did 3 years for bump drafting someone off the road.

As well they should get a ticket and I hope for road raging for hitting thier brakes and causing a dangerous situation. I have NEVER understood people who tap their brakes and especially 'brake check' anyone. They need to be arrested! They are using a 2000 pound weapon against people trying to cause an accident. I don't even worry about who is behind me if I am in the right land and there is room to pass. I figure if they want to ride my arse then that is their issue. Brake chaecking and tapping brakes normally just pi$$ people off and then they swerve ahead of you and do it back to you. It is the most ignorant move and one that causes more road rage than anything I would bet. Just worry about the road ahead of you. If you are constantly looking in your rearview mirror at the car behind you, that is very dangerous and you have your eyes of the road just like texting. What happens when a car stops in front of you and you are driving in your rear view mirror? Now you are at fault.

08 Dec 2011 14:22 #129 by Photo-fish
If I am going the speed limit (or more) and you are riding on my a$$ on a single lane, how am I s'posed to let you know that you are following a bit too close? I could wave at you but you'd prolly just wave back or flip me off. I can't wave you around because there may not be room to pass. I could flip you off but that leads to more rage. I am not slowing and pulling off the road to allow you to go around, because why should I have to get off the road when I am going the speed limit or more. OR I could gently and quickly tap my brakes to signal you to back off a bit (That's me being courteous). If you are not giving me the same 3 seconds stopping distance that I allow the person in front of me, then I will let you know somehow. If you don't allow 3 second stopping distance between you and the car in front of you then you are not being cautious and in my opinion are being reckless.

Yes, brake checking or standing on your brakes to cause the driver behind you to do the same and possibly lose control is irresponsible. I would not recommend that but you can tap your brakes without decreasing your speed. Anyone with any driving experience should know what that 'tapping' means and what distance is appropriate to follow other vehicles.

If you are in an absolute emergency and need to pass, then quick flash your lamps. I will look back and you can wave me over. I am a fairly aggressive driver but if I get somebody on my butt that is a total rager then I will still pull over and then follow to get their plates.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

08 Dec 2011 14:32 #130 by Nobody that matters
Lookout everyone. I'm heading home. I might be speeding, or I might be crawling - it depends on how fast my little 4 cylinder engine decides to go.

Medians, shoulders and the opposite side of the road are all fair game.

Every man (and woman) for themselves - the commute is ON!

:biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds