Starving Horses

11 Mar 2012 19:00 #31 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Starving Horses
I did not say that penalties should not be harsher.....nothing like an attempt to put words in someones mouth.

I am NOT in favor of trampling civil rights for those who are just "accused"
Please note what was exactly highlighted in your post.

I ONLY DISAGREED WITH THE LAST PART!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2012 19:03 #32 by CC
I could accuse you of mistreating your own animals because you , say....built your new fence on my property line.

Does that mean you should remain in jail and have your business trashed because I "accused" you?

Just sayin'

11 Mar 2012 19:25 #33 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Starving Horses
That is a stretch but whatever you could say the same thing about a child playing in the same yard. We are all allowed to disagree on things and this conversation has taken a whole new direction away from this topic to something that will not be solved on a website.

If this case does not get moved we will know more in May.

11 Mar 2012 19:33 #34 by CC
HP. My disagreement was not with you. It was with a public request to harm individuals who have not had the benefit of due process.
It is my opinion that people have every right to be outraged.
We do not have the right to harm others without a trial and verdict!

11 Mar 2012 21:25 #35 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Starving Horses

Becky wrote: So...Let me see if I understand your positions.....
You are basing your educated opinion or guess based on a newspaper article. No trial or investigation completed yet.
You are relying on one article from a newspaper that has more often than i would like to see, portrayed a situation that was somewhat different than the ultimate outcome. (JMO)

I wonder how you would feel if you were accused of a crime that you felt you were not guilty of and a group of folks went on a public discussion forum and anonymously threatened your livelihood by announcing a boycott without you having the ability to have your day in court. Would that be ok with you?

These are private businesses and private citizens.

I am personally disappointed that any of us would go down this road.

Great Stuff Becky!

Bravo!

12 Mar 2012 06:16 #36 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic Starving Horses
your disagreement is with anyone who disagrees with you, just so you can disagree with someone and blah, blah, blah. . . .

this is not about YOU, Bless the horses who were abused, starved and neglected!

12 Mar 2012 06:50 #37 by CC
For those who read the entire thread......the condition of those horses is a terrible thing.

This was not personal Mountaingirl. This was about allowing the system to do it's job so that people aren't libeled.
Perhaps you should have this dialog on your own website as opposed to opening this one up to problems.
Like I said....it's pretty chickensheeet to make hateful statements about private citizens anonymously.

It's going to be a beautiful day. Hope everyone gets outside for just a bit today.

12 Mar 2012 08:01 #38 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic Starving Horses
Thank you for this opportunity

12 Mar 2012 08:41 #39 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Starving Horses

Becky wrote: For those who read the entire thread......the condition of those horses is a terrible thing.

This was not personal Mountaingirl. This was about allowing the system to do it's job so that people aren't libeled.
Perhaps you should have this dialog on your own website as opposed to opening this one up to problems.
Like I said....it's pretty chickensheeet to make hateful statements about private citizens anonymously.

It's going to be a beautiful day. Hope everyone gets outside for just a bit today.

Damn, which Becky is this? Not the same one who spread libel and accusations about public officials while never giving a crap if this site is subject to liable issues.

12 Mar 2012 08:55 #40 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Starving Horses
Casting blame does not help the animals. I am glad that they are getting the care they need and their health is improving. If that care needed to be done away from the owners/original caretakers, I am fine with that. But I do not think they should be returned until all the evidence is brought to light and justice is served. I would still be concerned for any animal that continues to be in their care.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds