Starving Horses

12 Mar 2012 09:13 #41 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic Starving Horses
I hereby apologize by using the term boycot, my mistake

Animal abusers need blessings also

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2012 17:22 #42 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Starving Horses
No blessings......just a day in court.

12 Mar 2012 17:34 #43 by CC

Damn, which Becky is this? Not the same one who spread libel and accusations about public officials while never giving a crap if this site is subject to liable issues.

I never libeled anyone.

....and "public officials"....well....that is a bit of a different animal.

So VA....why didn't they sue?

12 Mar 2012 18:39 - 12 Mar 2012 18:46 #44 by Mountaingirl
yeah, thats the ticket,

12 Mar 2012 18:43 #45 by CC
huh?

13 Mar 2012 18:44 #46 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Starving Horses

Becky wrote:

Damn, which Becky is this? Not the same one who spread libel and accusations about public officials while never giving a crap if this site is subject to liable issues.

I never libeled anyone.

....and "public officials"....well....that is a bit of a different animal.

So VA....why didn't they sue?

Becky, there is no sense in trying to explain anything to you. You twist everything to fit the disillusion in your head.

Go about your way and enjoy your perfect world

14 Mar 2012 16:37 #47 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Starving Horses
(Updated March 13, 2012) Press Release: Possible Abused Horses at Echo Valley Ranch
Park County Sheriff

Updated March 13, 2012:

On March 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM, I received a call from the center and I was told that “Chance” had returned from the clinic and was doing very well. He had responded well to the antibiotics’ and was not collapsing any more. I was advised that all the horses had been weighed again on March 08, 2012 and “Midnight’ was wormed on March 06, 2012. “Midnight” was the only one not thriving and gaining, but according to the veterinarian this was not uncommon when an older horse is “loaded with parasites.”

The weights were as follows:

Lena- 737- gained 47 pounds in 15 days

Midnight-793- gained 10 pounds 15 days

Fiona- 563-gained 58 pounds in 15 days

River – 587- gained 72 pounds in 15 days

Echo- 455- gained 50 pounds in 15 days

Chance-522- gained 57 pounds in 15 days

Updated February 23, 2012:

The Park County Sheriff’s Office had worked with the owner’s of the horses to have them placed in a safe location where they would be out of the elements and could receive the care they needed. The owner’s of the horses were cooperative and voluntarily agreed to allow us to remove their horses.

This morning the horses were officially seized under court order by the Park County Sheriff’s Office Code Enforcement Division. We felt the horses had improved enough to be transported. The six horses were placed at a location outside of Park County. The undisclosed location has on site veterinarians, to monitor their conditions and attend to their needs. Due to the attention this case has generated the facility has requested to remain anonymous. We will honor their request.

The Sheriff’s Office received a preliminary report on the horse that died at the Echo Valley Ranch. The necropsy determined the cause of death was due to a bacterial abscess near the horse’s heart. So in this case, it was an infection that killed the horse, however, we feel that the owners of the horses should have contacted a qualified veterinarian much earlier than they did. The six horses that were seized have shown improvement since being removed from the Echo Valley Ranch. The fact that they are all improving is a good sign. The horses are now the responsibility of the Park County Sheriff’s Office. We have received numerous calls from good folks who want to help these little horses out. We appreciate all your concern and your willingness to help. Interested persons can contact Sergeant Bobbi Priestly at (719)836-2494. Thanks again for all the offers of assistance.

The owners of the horses will be charged with three counts each of animal cruelty.

Updated February 21, 2012:

The Park County Sheriff’s Office Code Enforcement Division continued to monitor the horses at the Echo Valley Ranch in Northern Park County throughout the weekend.

The horses in question were moved to an undisclosed location in Park County Sunday afternoon. The Sheriff’s Office felt this was necessary to avoid any complications that could arise and insure the safety of everyone involved.

The horses are being cared for and receiving medical treatment. At present we do not know if their condition is due to an illness of some kind, neglect, or combination of both.

There has been a lot of miss-information about this case. We would respectfully request that everyone allow the investigation to proceed. The Park County Sheriff’s Office is working with the Colorado State University, local vets and the Colorado State Vet’s Office to determine the cause of the horse’s severe medical condition. Ron Swift the owner of the horses has been cooperative with our investigation. We hope to have more information next week.

Original Press Release:

The Park County Sheriff’s Office received information about possibly abused horses at the Echo Valley Ranch in Northern Park County.

Code Enforcement deputies responded to the Ranch. Upon investigation and after conferring with the State Veterinarian’s Office and three other Vets it was decided it is in the best interest of the horses to leave them at Echo Valley Ranch and continue their treatment regiment at that location. We concur with the recommendation of those veterinarians

We will continue to monitor the situation including visiting the horses every other day. Our Code Enforcement Division is very experienced and well trained in dealing with these types of situations. The case is under investigation by the Park County Sheriff’s Office.

Contact Information:
Undersheriff Monte Gore
Office (719)836-4102
Cell (719)839-1181

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

14 Mar 2012 16:47 #48 by CC
As usual....you failed to answer a direct question VA

14 Mar 2012 20:20 #49 by Mountaingirl
Thank you 285 Bound for your educated information based on the facts and keeping the real topic at the center of our attention; Starving Horses. I am happy with the outcome - the well being of the starving, neglected horses. Again, thanks!

14 Mar 2012 20:27 #50 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Starving Horses
I also thank 285bound this is not a pissing match just those of us who want the horses taken care of.

Give him his day in court which will probably never happen.

A quote from a very old movie

"God Bless the Beast and the Children"

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds