Starving Horses

16 May 2012 12:18 #61 by In a whisper
Replied by In a whisper on topic Starving Horses
The person that rode with us to the trial indicated that Ron Swift, took her up to his property to see the 6 Bailey horses. She indicated there wasn't a blade of grass or hay in the filthy pens that they were being kept in since he got them back. Ron said to this woman that he couldn't afford to feed the horses and was making all kinds of excuses on what happened. I find it interesting that Ron is on 1600 acres of lush grass and all the boarded horses are on pasture grazing but the Bailey 6 horses aren't allowed to go out on pasture. Again, there are some that believe that Ron is punishing the poor little horses. I can't imagine what those 6 horses must have felt when being returned to their abuser. Now they are in a pen with no food and don't get to graze or be able to exercise. These precious little horses have suffered so much. As a community we must not forget all this as we await for the trial............we need to become stronger and give these precious horses a voice.

I will tell this group a fact...................Timberline Vets were given an offer to present to Ron Swift. The offer was that we have someone willing to pay Ron Swift $7,000.00 for the 6 remaining horses. Timberline Vets said that they would not present the offer to Ron Swift. If Ron can't afford to pay for food for these malnurished horses, wouldn't one think that Ron would be willing to get the horses good homes where the horses would be supplied with all the food and love that they could handle, in addition to having $7,000.00 cash in his pocket. I'm totally stumped on this one. :Loco:

We call them dumb animals and so they are for they cannot tell us how they feel,
but they do not suffer less because they have no words.
By Anna Sewell, Author of Black Beauty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 May 2012 13:58 #62 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Starving Horses
HE'S AN IDIOT and he knows HARDEY and HE also knows he won't face any kind of criminal charges.. He HAS always and WILL ALWAYS be a F----d up animal owner..

17 May 2012 07:40 #63 by MtnMiss
Replied by MtnMiss on topic Starving Horses
First off, I would like thank all of you that have been able to keep an open mind regarding this case. A few have become dilirious to the point of delusional. I can understand if this is due to their love of animals, but when they distort/overlook facts that do not coincide with the point they are trying to make, it makes them sound unreliable in the "information" they are trying to relay. Others, simply sit back and post to "stir the pot" for their twisted entertainment.
I know nothing as to the alleged offer of money to Ron Swift, but knowing Ron, I do not believe he ever made the statement about not being able to feed the horses, unless it was accompanied by a comment regarding his lack of business at the store. At any rate, Ron would not, nor has he, let any horses starve. He would make arrangements for the wellfare of the horses before that would happen. Need I remind those that Ron does not own all of the six horses, and that it would not be his call to make, if it were true. This is an on going legal matter, with a lot of "facts" yet to be entered into discovery.
Please be patient, and do not be swayed by the "speculation" that has been circulating. It is my understanding that Park Co. seized the horses due to threats of illegal activity by the community, not because of any alleged abuse.
Again, please be patient and let the courts decide.

17 May 2012 09:01 #64 by In a whisper
You are sadly mistaken on the offer of $7,000.00. As I said on pinecam, we can write a check today for the $7,000.00 for the 6 horses. Of course you wouldn’t know about the offer the individual didn’t’ post it on pinecam or 285 bound or Facebook. They are from out of state and have offered to help the horses by writing a check. This is a fact and you can shove it under the rug if you choose too. Timberline vets were asked to deliver the offer to Ron and they said they would not present the offer to him. If Ron doesn’t own all of the Bailey 6 horses then who does?

The woman that asked Ron if she could see the horses told us that Ron absolutely said he couldn’t afford to feed the horses. She also stated that there wasn’t a blade of grass in their pens and the pens with filthy. I know this to be true, because she has spent the last 3 days in our company and we have discussed this fully. Again you can shove whatever you don’t like under the rug.

What kind of person can look at these pictures and say the horses aren’t starved. I have the first horse that was taken off of Echo Valley Ranch and he in fact was starved and he has recovered beautifully with just food and water. He had tests run on him for Neurological, Botulism, all the results were negative. He also had no ticks nor did he show signs of the wasting disease. You can’t dispute that because you’ve never seen him in the hospital, you haven’t seen the test results nor have you seen him after he was released from the hospital. I was with him every day and own him.

My comments are true about the hearing. We also had the transcript from the first hearing and it was 75 pages long. Maybe you should go get a copy of the transcript yourself. I would also imagine that you weren’t at either hearing.

The animals were returned to Mr. Swift because of a technicality that Officer Cindy Hardey had made. Officer Hardy had given Mr. Swift a 30 day written notice to get the horse’s weight back to where they should be. Officer Hardey then 2 -3 days later spoke to one of the vets and the vet indicated that the 6 remaining horses wouldn’t survive another 30 days. Upon that information, Officer Hardey got a warrant to remove the remaining 6 horses off of the Echo Valley Ranch property. Judge Green returned to horses to Mr. Swift because Officer Hardey broke her written agreement with Mr. Swift by removing the horses. This is all in the transcripts which I have in my possession and this is a fact and you can dispute this all you want but the court transcripts don’t lie.
lor=#0040FF][/color]

We call them dumb animals and so they are for they cannot tell us how they feel,

17 May 2012 09:18 #65 by MtnMiss
You are right, I was not at the courthouse on Tuesday, but my husband was. Like I said previously, there are many things that have happened, and been said that some prefer to omit/ or twist from the statements they make, or they are simply blinded by their own stance on the matter. I understand you have tried, and convicted the defendants in your own mind without knowing all of the facts. I am simply asking the rest of the community to be patient and wait for the legal system to do it's job. One way or another.

17 May 2012 09:44 #66 by In a whisper
Was your husband the guy that took pictures of the license plates and took picture of the people that were there to represent the horses?

Like I said my facts come from the 75 pages of the court transcripts. These are facts and no one has altered anything said. I totally want Mr. Swift and Mr. Hatlee to get a fair trial. My bone of contention is how someone can look at the pictues and say these animals weren't starved.

Timberline Vets have made many statements that are very contradictory and they play a huge roll in the events that took place. I personally talked to Dr. Horton and she told me that the horses weren't their patients, then in the next breath Dr. Horton stated she was doing tests on the 6 remaining horses. So I guess the doctors of Timberline Vets need to decide if they are the horses doctors or not. These statements have been put forth to the DA's office as well as the Sheriff's department in Park County.

17 May 2012 10:23 #67 by MtnMiss
IMO - I believe everyone was there to represent the horses.

17 May 2012 11:56 #68 by In a whisper
Ron Swift is not taking any calls for his Bailey Feed Store...........wonder why. I would think if you don't answer the phone people will think the store isn't open..........but Ron's there right now.

17 May 2012 12:29 #69 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Starving Horses
Could be he doesn't want to sell all the food he has cuz you know he's taking such GOOD care his horses!! (just sarcasm) what a chicken s--t.. but the GUILTY always are....

MtnMiss you didn't answer "In a whisper's" question pertaining to the picture taking....

17 May 2012 12:42 #70 by In a whisper
When they don't have an answer that is attacking they simply fade into the sunset.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds