Starving Horses

19 May 2012 18:13 #101 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Starving Horses
In the transcript is says that pictures were taken by the animal control officer are these pictures available? If so how do we go about getting them?

Everyone seems to have a problem with the pictures taken by a private party so if we could get the ones from the courts maybe then they would see more clearly the condition of the horses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2012 18:53 #102 by In a whisper
Replied by In a whisper on topic Starving Horses
Swift's and Hatlee's attorney is saying that there is too much media attention for this case and Swifts attorney doesn’t want any pictures released.

These are my personal pictures of “Little Big Man” now affectionately known as “Spencer” in the hospital, he is loved and well fed and he will never be hungry again and that is what we want for the remaining 6 Bailey horses. These pictures were taken in the hospital by Little Big Man's new human's. His mother died on the property of Echo Valley Ranch and for some reason or another her body wasn't found. Hmm, how interesting!

I'm sickened by all of this and all of the cover up and lack of responsiblity of ******** ****** and *** ******* who owns Echo Valley Ranch and the manager/leasee that is known as Ron Swift . This needs to be stopped, the good old boy's club is out of date and the people are sick of the good old boy's club.

Folks look at these pictures. Does this look like a well fed animal to you? The remaining 6 horses looked just like this until Littleton Animal Hospital and Harmony Equine Center brought them back to health. NO disease, proven by tests. The remaining 6 horses now are in the alleged abusers hands and most likey won't be fed by him because he is angry about what these horses have put him thorough in this ordeal. What a tradegdy.

We call them dumb animals and so they are for they cannot tell us how they feel,
but they do not suffer less because they have no words.
By Anna Sewell, Author of Black Beauty

19 May 2012 19:29 #103 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Starving Horses
I have looked at the pictures and you are preaching to the choir here but I know there are others that do not like the fact that all the pictues posted are not from the "Authorities" so I was just wondering if those that were admitted in court were available.

19 May 2012 20:03 #104 by In a whisper
No they won't be put out. Ron Swift's attorney is crying poor me and we can't get a fair trial. No you won't see any of the pictures if they have anything to do with this. You have to rely on the people that took pictures of the events as they happened. Ask for Timbeline Vets to give their pictures since they said they were the horses vets. I'll post more pictures later.

We call them dumb animals and so they are for they cannot tell us how they feel,

19 May 2012 20:43 #105 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Starving Horses
Read the entire transcript. Judge Green did a fine job. Unfortunately our animal control officer did not. Not surprised. She could clearly use more training and understanding of the legal system. She totally screwed up by making one agreement and then breaking it, leaving the judge no alternative but to return the animals.

Yes, the pic of the horse's condition is deplorable but as stated in the transcript, the defendants had a vet and there were ongoing visits to check on the horses. The defendants weren't given a sufficient time to remedy the issues.

Now saying all of the above doesn't mean I don't hear the concerns about the ongoing condition of the horses in view of what happened earlier. How did it end up being a visit by animal control only 1 day per week rather than every other day as previously done? I am grateful for the visit at least one day a week when there is feed provided even if it is for the benefit of the animal control officer visiting. But why isn't it every other day as previously done to insure they are being fed daily or at least every other day? Since someone has been able to view the horses outside of the animal control officer, if I am understanding the posts correctly, and there wasn't any feed, did s/he ask if they had been fed that day and since s/he didn't find any feed and dirty stalls report this to the animal control officer.

I understand wanting to keep it front and center and not forgotten, but the defendants must also be given the opportunity to remedy. If you know that they are not doing so, please, please address this to Sheriff's dept./Animal Control so that they can get out there and monitor the situation.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

19 May 2012 21:16 #106 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Starving Horses
In a whisper, thank you for providing a copy of the transcript.

Another question, are the owners of the horses amenable to others coming and checking on them? It seems like they allowed another person who was not an animal control person?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

20 May 2012 09:37 #107 by In a whisper
Akilina, I will disagree with you on that Judge Green did a fine job and here’s why. In court cases it is standard procedure for the defense attorney to put forth their case information first, NOT the prosecutor; this is where the mistake was made by Judge Green. In addition to this, this was to be a bond hearing NOT a probable cause hearing. The prosecutor DA Steve Sullivan totally blew his part of the case, he didn’t even cross examine Deputy Cindy Hardey………..he just threw in the towel. If Steve Sullivan represents theses horse in the trail, his lack of trial experience will most assuredly end up putting those horses back with Swift permanently. The Park County DA’s office pleas out 95% of their cases, they really aren't trial attorneys. This is factual information that was presented to a group when meeting with the Sheriff’s Department.

I spoke personally to Timberline Vets and Dr. Horton said to me that they were NOT the vets, then later in her conversation she said to me they were doing testing on the horses; I asked Dr. Horton are you the vets or not and she wouldn’t answer the question.. These two women vets have given many different opinions to many people as to whether they were the attending vets or not, now they have the dilemma of deciding which statement they are going to stick too. If they were the vets then why didn’t they help Maggie? Maggie easily could have lived had she been given antibiotics. She had bed sores that come from the inside of the body outward all over her body. This horse died a painful death and any vet that said they were treating her should have their license pull.

That’s my two cents on this.

20 May 2012 11:21 #108 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Starving Horses
Why did Pinecam lock the threads about this topic? Anybody know?

20 May 2012 12:25 #109 by EllieMae
Replied by EllieMae on topic Starving Horses
There is a whole topic going on right now on PC is you are a member....

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=151272&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Probably will be locked soon... :Whistle

"I'm alittle bit of mountain.... and alittle bit of country..."

20 May 2012 12:30 #110 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Starving Horses
Thanks , what a bunch of wimps, could somebody please tell those sheep that they can discuss this topic here! They will be treated like adults.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds