Starving Horses

10 Mar 2012 16:21 #1 by mountaindollar
Here is the newest link to the interview article in the Flume.

http://www.theflume.com/news/first_five/article_f93970a6-6a3b-11e1-b70d-001a4bcf6878.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2012 18:55 #2 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Starving Horses
This is not a case of a mysterious disease it is a classic case of animal neglect which they will probably take a plea bargain and get a slap on the wrist.

Fact after only a week the horses were gaining weight most likely because they were actually getting fed the proper amount of food.

I am disgusted

11 Mar 2012 10:25 #3 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Starving Horses
Well, if they called all those vets, there will be phone records, won't there?

11 Mar 2012 10:44 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Starving Horses
It is my understanding they have a vet who will testify on their behalf.....this case involves TWO counties and is not as SIMPLE
legal situation......because the Animal Abuse law recently was voted down.....you can expect to see MORE cases coming forward
because of the economic problems this country can't correct.

11 Mar 2012 10:51 #5 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic Starving Horses
We vote on who we support and don't;

BOYCOTT!

Ron Swift and Randall Hatlee, from Bailey :bash
Bailey Depot Feed & Supply Co :dislike:
33 Road P68, Bailey, CO 80421; Park County

I will forward this to Serenity, & Mountain Connection.

11 Mar 2012 11:19 #6 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Starving Horses
hmmmm. No one has gone to trial so I think it may be a little presumptive to convict them here on 285bound.

I will personally not support any boycott of any local business without a trial and verdict.

11 Mar 2012 11:25 #7 by Mountaingirl
It is not a "conviction" it is an educated choice, just as you have yours,

11 Mar 2012 11:34 #8 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Starving Horses
Yep....But..... this is America and last I looked.....People were innocent until proven guilty.
I think folks should have every right to discuss their opinions here on this forum but we do not have a right to harm individuals with an active boycott until all the facts have been vetted. JMO

Edited to add......these are people with financial obligations, families and ties to a community. This community is already struggling with a poor economy and high foreclosure rate.

11 Mar 2012 12:15 #9 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Starving Horses
I don't have to boycott them as I never purchased feed from them as they have the highest prices around but I am all for not supporting this business.

The proof is in the article look how much weight the horses gained in a week. Hate to say but while they have not been convicted and most likely will take a plea, if I ever hear someone thinking of boarding there I will do whatever I can to change their mind.

The condition of these horses was horrible!!!!!!! NO horse gets that way overnight. Anyone who treats animals in this manner is just sick and I am tired of all the back peddling Swift is doing. If he really read about all those diseases on the Internet than he would have also read about botulism and ruled that out quickly as if that was the case the horses would of died in a week or two.

He said in the article that they had been losing weight all winter.

He said he called other vets... as all of us animal owners know you can always call and ask a vet a question but it is best to have your animals seen by a vet.

If they were my animals and the first vet could tell me what was going on you can bet your bottom dollar I would have another vet out to see them to get a second opinion. I have owned 2 animals that have had some very strange diseases and we had to seek other opinions to find out what was really going on.

Yes, they will probably go through hardship over this but should have thought about this before not feeding the animals.
I know of one boarder that has left the facility so I feel confident that people are smart enough to make the right decision.

As far as horses go the cheapest thing you do is buy the horse after that if will cost you thousands each year to properly take care of them.

11 Mar 2012 12:40 #10 by Mountaingirl
:yeahthat: , :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds