Starving Horses

20 May 2012 15:23 #121 by In a whisper
Replied by In a whisper on topic Starving Horses
What does TOS mean?

We call them dumb animals and so they are for they cannot tell us how they feel,
but they do not suffer less because they have no words.
By Anna Sewell, Author of Black Beauty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2012 15:26 #122 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Starving Horses

In a whisper wrote: What does TOS mean?

Terms of service. Or an excuse to shut anybody up that wants to point out a problem. Or to shut up anybody that criticizes Rak, Lobay, miller or waterfreak.

20 May 2012 15:29 #123 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Starving Horses

In a whisper wrote: Akilina, I will disagree with you on that Judge Green did a fine job and here’s why. In court cases it is standard procedure for the defense attorney to put forth their case information first, NOT the prosecutor; this is where the mistake was made by Judge Green. In addition to this, this was to be a bond hearing NOT a probable cause hearing. The prosecutor DA Steve Sullivan totally blew his part of the case, he didn’t even cross examine Deputy Cindy Hardey………..he just threw in the towel. If Steve Sullivan represents theses horse in the trail, his lack of trial experience will most assuredly end up putting those horses back with Swift permanently. The Park County DA’s office pleas out 95% of their cases, they really aren't trial attorneys. This is factual information that was presented to a group when meeting with the Sheriff’s Department.

I spoke personally to Timberline Vets and Dr. Horton said to me that they were NOT the vets, then later in her conversation she said to me they were doing testing on the horses; I asked Dr. Horton are you the vets or not and she wouldn’t answer the question.. These two women vets have given many different opinions to many people as to whether they were the attending vets or not, now they have the dilemma of deciding which statement they are going to stick too. If they were the vets then why didn’t they help Maggie? Maggie easily could have lived had she been given antibiotics. She had bed sores that come from the inside of the body outward all over her body. This horse died a painful death and any vet that said they were treating her should have their license pull.

That’s my two cents on this.

This was a motions hearing, it says right on the transcript. And one of the issues was CRS 18-9-202 which speaks to probable cause. Unfortunately we don't have the papers that the Defense attorney filed that would help make it clear, but the transcript spells it out.

I understand your concern about the order that Judge Green used, but he ascertained the info he needed based on the testimony and the exhibits that were offered into evidence to make decisions on the motions in the case.

And frankly there wasn't a whole lot that the ADA could do because it was a motions hearing with an impressively bad witness. He hardly wanted his own bad witness to open her mouth any more even if he tried to rehabilitate. He argued the best he could with the hand he was served. The animal control officer screwed up royally.

If anything, letters should be sent to either Undersheriff Gore or Sheriff Wegener letting them know that you are dissastisfied with the preparation and professionalism of the Animal Control Officer and ask that she be properly supervised before running out and jeopardizing an animal cruelty case.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

20 May 2012 15:29 #124 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Starving Horses
lol ....waterfreak.

20 May 2012 15:35 #125 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Starving Horses
JMC always gets names wrong.

20 May 2012 15:41 #126 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Starving Horses
I did go over to Pinescum and read all the locked threads. Too bad different positions couldn't be discussed. But then that is why I reference it as such.

Back to questions. Someone was able to go see the horses with Swift or Hatlee's permission and did observe dirty stalls? Was it reported to the Sheriff's dept in the form of a written complaint. Not just called in on the phone. Does Anyone know?

And if you don't feel the Sheriff's dept will address the problem, send a copy of the complaint to the Sheriff's office and the District Attorney's office.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

20 May 2012 17:46 #127 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Starving Horses
I am glad we can discuss here without fear of the forum being locked or having your post be removed.

This is such a sad situation I hope justice is served but frankly I do not have confidence in my county officials.

I served on a jury 4 years ago in Park County and we had to let a guilty person go because of screw-ups the authorities made and witnesses that were not brought in. Very disturbing as it not only wasted my time but tax-payer money and even though I love living in Park County I do not have to like how they do things and will continue to vote against those I think are not doing a good job.

20 May 2012 18:37 - 20 May 2012 19:09 #128 by itsme
Replied by itsme on topic Starving Horses
Disclaimer: I don't know anyone involved in this case. And I hope that if someone did abuse the horses, they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law and that they rot in hell if hell happens to exist.

In a whisper, I have 3 questions that I'd like you to address.

I already asked you this on PC but you chose to ignore it:

1. You claimed on the site for the petition not to return the horses that the horse you rescued was beaten by the same person who starved it. But I don't see you make that claim here or on PC. Was the horse beaten as you claimed on that site? Why wouldn't you mention that here?

"I am the owner of the horse in the picture. He was beaten by the person that starved him. "

2. Have you personally been to the ranch and seen the things you are unequivocally stating to be true on this site and PC? You are stating these allegations as fact, correct?

3. Is the person who you state has been to the ranch gia58? You seem to be using her to make these claims but yet on PC she said:

"I think everyone else should do the same, ask Ron if you can see the horses and judge for yourselves.

The horses are extremely personable which tells me they have never been abused and are certainly not afraid of humans, but one, which he tried to explain why. The horses were in good condition, other than some hooves here and there, but not horribly terrible.

I still have many questions and don't want to be fooled by anyone or any quick visit, but I have very mixed feelings now. "

Sure doesn't sound like someone who has been to the ranch and found "filthy pens", does it?

20 May 2012 19:06 #129 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Starving Horses
I really doubt Mr Swift is going to let anyone who is not a boarder come out to visit.

Just saying he is building his defence and it is not in his best interest to do so so why would he.

There is an offer out there to buy the 6 horses for $7000.00 and he has not jumped on that so why think he would do anything else.

I know nothing of a horse being beaten only of sores being on them from laying in filth because they could not stand and not being fed correctly.

I just hope that justice is served and hope that Mr. Swift does right by these horses.

PLEASE, PLEASE if you can not care for your horse or any other animal you own ask for help!!! Send me a PM I will do whatever I can to re-home your animal and get it the care it deserves no questions asked just will do what I can.

Thanks

20 May 2012 19:32 #130 by itsme
Replied by itsme on topic Starving Horses

HappyCamper wrote: I really doubt Mr Swift is going to let anyone who is not a boarder come out to visit.

I'll take it then that you, HappyCamper, have not seen the conditions the horses are in either. Is that fair to say?

And actually, it sounds like he did. This is from his chief online accuser, BTW:

In a whisper wrote: As Gia58 stated when she was with Ron looking at the horses, there wasn't a blade of grass or hay in their filthy pens. The boarded horses were all out on pasture. She saw it with her own eyes in the company of Mr. Swift.

But I can't find anything where gia58 actually say anything even remotely like that. The full text of what she said on PC was:

"Yes, that was me.

I was also taking pictures, as I have quite a bit of photography equipment - especially my 170-500 telescopic lens. I also have a video of Ron approaching me. After a little bit of confrontation, he asked why no one came to him to ask him to see the horses. So I said - I'm asking now. He graciously gave me a tour of the horses, but wouldn't allow me to take any pictures or videos. He introduced me to each horse and told me a bit about their history.

I think everyone else should do the same, ask Ron if you can see the horses and judge for yourselves.

The horses are extremely personable which tells me they have never been abused and are certainly not afraid of humans, but one, which he tried to explain why. The horses were in good condition, other than some hooves here and there, but not horribly terrible.

I did question why these 6 Bailey horses, with exception of Midnight and other horses - were in paddocks and not in the pasture, I'm told they are rotated, but it didn't really look like it. But I don't know anymore and I plan to visit as long as Ron allows and invites me - as I've been saying all along, my only concern is the horses.

I also kept asking the same question I have on pinecam's many posts on this subject, but still no clear answer. I have my own theories, but they are my own and I will keep it that way other than my friends. I will continue to support these horses and I'm hoping that I can help out on Echo Valley Ranch and that way I will be assured of their safe future.

I still have many questions and don't want to be fooled by anyone or any quick visit, but I have very mixed feelings now"

One of the people who was adamant that the accused was guilty, actually goes to the ranch, and shockingly, doesn't find anything. And In A Whisper says there are "filthy stalls" based on that post? And gia58, seemingly the one person who has actually seen the conditions the horses are living in, is no longer posting in support of In A Whispers "facts"?

So, who has actually been there and seen the conditions? And can speak to fact, not what they have heard? It appears that the one person who actually has been there has backed off the claims that the horses are being starved. Why would someone who was adamant that the accused was guilty, then saw the horses, have a change of heart? But all you that have not been there are 100% convinced that they are being abused?

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds