Starving Horses

20 May 2012 19:50 #131 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Starving Horses
Except the pictures taken by others I have not seen these horse you are correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2012 20:16 #132 by itsme
Replied by itsme on topic Starving Horses

HappyCamper wrote:
I know nothing of a horse being beaten

Here's the link where that is claimed. 4th poster.

http://www.change.org/petitions/park-co ... ful-owners

This part seemed a bit over the top:

"He will most certainly kill all the remaining 6 horses."

Really, now the accused is a serial horse killer as well? It's been a month, what is he waiting for???

20 May 2012 21:18 #133 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Starving Horses
Excerpt from Gia58 as posted by itsme.

... and I plan to visit as long as Ron allows and invites me - as I've been saying all along, my only concern is the horses.

I also kept asking the same question I have on pinecam's many posts on this subject, but still no clear answer. I have my own theories, but they are my own and I will keep it that way other than my friends. I will continue to support these horses and I'm hoping that I can help out on Echo Valley Ranch and that way I will be assured of their safe future...

Sincerely offer to help. What an excellent resolution to a problem, especially if Animal Control and DDA are failing miserably at their tasks.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

21 May 2012 08:39 #134 by Aquaria
Replied by Aquaria on topic Starving Horses
I guess there are two kinds of people here. The ones that think the owners of the horses are suffering and the ones that think the horses are suffering. I can clearly see that it is the horses that are suffering and I applaud the ones that are persistant in keeping that reality in the forefront. No amount of schmoozing BS from the accusers would sway me. Those horses took a long time to get in that condition and something should of been done about it long before they reached the point of death or near death.

Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest.

21 May 2012 08:52 #135 by horse man
Replied by horse man on topic Starving Horses
Hardey only did as her bosses told her so how is realy to blame

21 May 2012 09:46 #136 by EllieMae
Replied by EllieMae on topic Starving Horses

Aquaria wrote: I guess there are two kinds of people here. The ones that think the owners of the horses are suffering and the ones that think the horses are suffering. I can clearly see that it is the horses that are suffering and I applaud the ones that are persistant in keeping that reality in the forefront. No amount of schmoozing BS from the accusers would sway me. Those horses took a long time to get in that condition and something should of been done about it long before they reached the point of death or near death.

:yeahthat:

"I'm alittle bit of mountain.... and alittle bit of country..."

21 May 2012 09:54 #137 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Starving Horses
All I know is - yes, this should be tried in a court of law. The evidence I am seeing are the horses were not getting adequate care. It happens quite often that horse owners do not realize what they are getting into owning animals that take a lot of care and I would in no way say that I know what was in the owners heart. But what is important here are that the animals are taken care of. If you take animals out of the environment they were in and they improve there is your proof. I think the core issue here is that some are worried that Park County won't do the right thing. And putting those animals back so quickly was odd and didn't feel right in my view. I realize the owner has alot to lose when you talk reputation but once again my only concern are that those animals get the care they need. Large animals are property and if the owner fights for them it is going to take some legal stuff to figure all this out. What they should do and what they CAN do could be two very different things.

21 May 2012 10:58 #138 by itsme
Replied by itsme on topic Starving Horses

Aquaria wrote: I guess there are two kinds of people here. The ones that think the owners of the horses are suffering and the ones that think the horses are suffering. I can clearly see that it is the horses that are suffering and I applaud the ones that are persistant in keeping that reality in the forefront. No amount of schmoozing BS from the accusers would sway me. Those horses took a long time to get in that condition and something should of been done about it long before they reached the point of death or near death.

Of course, nothing is ever that simple, is it?. How about a 3rd? Those that think the case should be decided on facts and that if the accused are guilty they should be penalized as severely as possible but think due process should be followed and they should be tried in actual court and not in the court of public opinion?

22 May 2012 12:03 #139 by horse man
Replied by horse man on topic Starving Horses
One post, I help out at the ranch every day. I clean stalls,we feed in the morning and at night, every day we fill the water tanks and brush the 6 horses in question. we also have many horses at the ranch. The pastured horses are some of Rons and some of Randys and 1 boarder, one boarder has his hourse in a stall. Horses poop, horses pee, we clean and then we clean. like most people who have horses. we feed hay- alfa,grain,ranch mix senior mix, . We are rotating the horses on the pasture, in a few weeks the pastures will have good growth that can handle more horses on them. I can not give you any information on the case it is being presented in a court of law so please dont ask. I am retired and give alot to ECO VALLEY RANCH, there are many others who also give there time, many hours are put tords the love of all the horses. we will be saddle breaking many of the horses starting next week, Randy is a great trainer, over 25 years under his belt. No we will not be bought,(THE COLTS AT NO AMOUNT)

29 May 2012 18:44 #140 by walktrot
Replied by walktrot on topic Starving Horses
Has anyone seen the 6 horses in question lately? Wish we could get a factual update, and pictures.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds