Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

28 Oct 2012 10:19 #11 by Mtn Gramma
I went to the link. The only identifier was "firefighter", not even gender noted. Was something removed before I read the link?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2012 10:23 - 28 Oct 2012 10:26 #12 by CC
Age and condition were given. Bottom line. Cos and Pinecam gave all of us who do this a text book example of how this should be done.

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=160578

28 Oct 2012 10:24 #13 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.
Okay here is what I think. I have been doing this for about 2 years. I understand some you guys have been doing it longer. But things have changed over the years with what can be heard and seen on the internet. I own Communities Bound and I research how our sites should handle these situations. I did not believe that the info was beyond what we usually do as far as posting scanner info. Anyone can listen to the scanners on the internet. Yes, you need to have some common sense. It was posted on another website but yes, I posted the firefighter issue here first. I think your community, site owner and the members of this website needs to discuss what they want posted. I think that if there is a serious accident with fatalities you have to watch it. But even then, giving an actual name is mostly the problem because you don't want a family member reading that NAME on the internet but this is different.

Seriously this site was started because we thought PC was censoring the whole community. I don't agree with just a few people making decisions for the whole. Now some things are pulled that are considered personal info. If that was and you all decide what you want, let the site owner know and she will pass that on to me. CB posted it for this area and had permission to do so. I do not speak for 285 Bound. This is strictly my opinion but I will do what ever the site owner wants. Well, I mis stated that not whatever the site owner wants (LOL) but if that was too much info I will pull it. I think you all should talk among yourselves and let SC know. :)

And I do not follow PC on how to run a forum. Just FYI.

28 Oct 2012 10:40 #14 by CC
You violated the privacy of that fire fighter.
In my opinion, the fact that it was a firefighter should not have been mentioned at all.
You show me one place where this kind of information has been posted by someone else (other than you)
then you accuse another website of stealing the info when they have been covering it themselves since before 6am.
You yourself took that info from someone else originally.
Common decency does not transcend the times we live in.
I don't need someone else to tell me what is right or wrong.
I am personally tired of you using the censorship bat every time you want to justify something here.
Pinecam over censors and here we have the exact opposite.
It is my hope that somewhere along the way we find a happy medium.
You can research all you want but I suspect common decency and common sense are something that you have or don't have.
Just my opinion CG...take it for what it is worth.
Cos did it right.

28 Oct 2012 10:53 #15 by Hoot Owl
So the original post

Communities Bound wrote: Ute Road and Ouray Road in Pine. JeffCo: *Firefighter Down* structure fire Chopper on the way for a firefighter with smoke inhalation & poss cyanide poisoning.

should have been edited to read
Somewhere, not on 285, something happened and there might be a some sort of flying machine in the air. But nobody is dead.

28 Oct 2012 10:55 #16 by CinnamonGirl
If I said somewhere that I am accusing another site of stealing information you misunderstood me. It is the internet, info is posted by many and reposted.

Becky, I understand you are upset by this and disagree but really do you have to be that hard on me? I was trying to post info and I was called out then stated my opinion. If you disagree fine but I don't agree with deciding on what people can say and how they can say it. (PC)

Think about this, I posted a few posts here that showed Romney and other candidates being taken out of context don't you think pulling someone's posts could make their other posts say something they did not mean? That is what I mean by censorship. Just keep this in mind and I don't mean this in a mean way...... There are more than just one person's opinions here. I don't think saying I have no common decency is fair. I hope more community members will weigh in with their opinions it will help us know what should happen here. I understand fully that not all info should be posted. I did not think that crossed a line into real personal info if it did then the members need to say so. And really I would invite Elk Creek and other first responders to let the site know.

And as far as PC you brought it up I didn't, you know I am going to say something about it. Listen, I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your opinion on it. I am not trying to be stubborn about it. But this is info you can get other places.

28 Oct 2012 10:56 #17 by CinnamonGirl

Hoot Owl wrote: So the original post

Communities Bound wrote: Ute Road and Ouray Road in Pine. JeffCo: *Firefighter Down* structure fire Chopper on the way for a firefighter with smoke inhalation & poss cyanide poisoning.

should have been edited to read
Somewhere, not on 285, something happened and there might be a some sort of flying machine in the air. But nobody is dead.

No she meant the 24 year old FF and seizure.

28 Oct 2012 10:57 - 28 Oct 2012 11:01 #18 by CC
I managed to find out everything I needed to know from Cos's thread without knowing the specific details.
I knew the location, severity of the fire and who was responding.

When an "official" news agency released more....that was provided in a link to that source releasing a "local community website" from any violation of privacy.
Some of you may hate PC but in this case.....they did it absolutely by the book.

Please see Pinecam's thread.

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=160578

28 Oct 2012 10:58 #19 by CinnamonGirl
We saw PCs thread. Please members let us know what you think about all this.

28 Oct 2012 11:12 #20 by CC
I would like to see the names of the homeowners so I can help with clean up. I would like the name, address and phone of the firefighter so I can provide food or any other assistance their family might need. I would like to know the name of the hospital so that I can stand outside in the lobby and show my support for the family of the injured fire fighter. If the fire fighter has children....could you provide their names and where they go to school so i can prepare my family members to deal with their situation.

NOT

You see CG...there are lots of justifications for more info. they seem legit and honorable on the surface but are no less a violation of privacy.

Fire departments DO NOT want this information posted.
Doing so places us all at a disadvantage as it hammers home the need for ER Service's to encrypt their info, shutting us all out.

What is next....a domestic violence at your neighbors home?

Let's all just take a vote.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds