Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

28 Oct 2012 13:08 #31 by BuyersAgent1
ok, so next time maybe it would be better to leave out the details (age) and condition (seizure)? Are those the details you would prefer had been omitted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2012 13:11 #32 by CC
Yes.
Those details were unnecessary and as appleannie stated, could have caused undo stress to a family member
and would not have violated the privacy of the victim.

28 Oct 2012 13:59 #33 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.
Okay Becky, I am not trying to be mean and I in no way trying to start something but this is still going after I just got back from the store.

You are banned from Pinecam. As far as I know you are still on DSV and DSV can handle information in any way it sees fit. But what I find interesting is THIS is the site you are voicing your opinion on. Why? Because this site is does not censor like like the other sites mentioned. You are using a site to get out your message that you have issues with do you see the paradox here? More information is better than none. If it was my son I would want to know this information and I would not care where it came from. I agree on some issue like names and I agree with radio reference's terms of service on Swat information but you are taking this too far. It is not up to you to decide for the entire community on what is "correct". You have control on DSV you don't have it here and you can't even post your kudos on Pinecam. Do you see the point? This is a control thing. You have a site and you can post whatever you like there and here. I don't believe in just a few people controlling sites. Communities Bound encourages our owners to do the right thing and we give them our experience but we cannot control them. We also encourage them to take direction from their community members. You have a website in the area that does not seem to be enough. This is not as bad as you are making it out saying that we are reckless is over stating the problem and I am sorry but you are going to have to see this as one incident that you did not agree with, anything else is overly controlling. The incident is just not the end of the world. Nothing is perfect but this is not some sliding slope. It was a small peice of information that was posted somewhere else as well and the site disagrees that does not mean they or I, or CB is "evil".

Seriously, this is just taking your complaint way too far.

28 Oct 2012 14:09 #34 by CC
I posted here because the information that was offensive to me was here.

You asked for opinions here and you got them from members.
A few with a personal agenda and a few with no dog in any fight.
Your right....I only have control over what I post on DSV.
You copied and pasted info from another site here. I objected to the personally identifying information.
I attempted to have this discussion with you privately and got some mumbo jumbo like your above post.
This isn't some long standing bitch with this site.
This is about protecting the information that many of us a trusted to provide.
Appleannie told you what she thought. are you going to inundate her with 6 or 7 pm's with BS.
I don't want to tell this site what to do but I DO want to protect the free flow of information that comes across that scanner so it can be provided to the public in an appropriate way.
Cos did it right. He protected the parties involved while providing timely pertinent info.
You do it any way you want but I will look to folks like you when the day comes that this information is encrypted and no longer available to the community.
We all lose then.

28 Oct 2012 14:12 #35 by CinnamonGirl

appleannie wrote: Cos handled it properly. With what was posted here, there was too great a chance that anyone with a 24 year old firefighting loved one possibly on the scene was stressed needlessly. I also disagree with the cyanide poisoning & seizure info. TMI.

I respectfully disagree. Let's say I had a FF husband that was 40 and heard A ff was injured. Don't you think I would be relieved to see it was a 24 y/o? You are not considering the entire picture.

28 Oct 2012 14:20 - 28 Oct 2012 14:24 #36 by CC
Except for the poor family of the 24 year old.
What a load of crap. You justify it any way you want CG.
Others with a good deal of experience and understanding have given you the input you requested.
Sorry that it didn't fit your picture or reasoning. I am done.

Good job Cos. I appreciate what you do and how you do it.

edited to add.....welcome to the National Enquirer....where inquiring minds want to know.

28 Oct 2012 14:21 #37 by CinnamonGirl

Becky wrote: I posted here because the information that was offensive to me was here.

You asked for opinions here and you got them from members.
A few with a personal agenda and a few with no dog in any fight.
Your right....I only have control over what I post on DSV.
You copied and pasted info from another site here. I objected to the personally identifying information.
I attempted to have this discussion with you privately and got some mumbo jumbo like your above post.
This isn't some long standing bitch with this site.
This is about protecting the information that many of us a trusted to provide.
Appleannie told you what she thought. are you going to inundate her with 6 or 7 pm's with BS.
I don't want to tell this site what to do but I DO want to protect the free flow of information that comes across that scanner so it can be provided to the public in an appropriate way.
Cos did it right. He protected the parties involved while providing timely pertinent info.
You do it any way you want but I will look to folks like you when the day comes that this information is encrypted and no longer available to the community.
We all lose then.

Just a few corrections. I did not copy that from another site, I heard it on the scanner. They just posted the same info I did.

Cos did it right in your opinion. Sorry but just like in football. I don't see enough info to overturn my decision. Feel free to talk to the site owner and I did get one other person who contacted me privately that was fine with the info. But once again, when we post we take direction from the site owner. I still believe you are not being fair about this.

Third point on your encrypted remark, radio reference is a respected website and they allowed it. It is your opinion.

28 Oct 2012 14:23 #38 by CinnamonGirl

Becky wrote: Good job Cos. I appreciate what you do and how you do it.

No offense but I doubt he reads this site since he made it clear we are the enemy to him. Too bad he won't allow you to post directly to him on his own site. :pop Yeah, I am being sarcastic.

28 Oct 2012 14:26 #39 by CC
No...he probably doesn't....but his friends do and I am quite sure they will tell him on my behalf.

28 Oct 2012 14:31 #40 by CC
I would bet my life after listening to the archive....looking at radio reference and reading your thread that the only thing you heard was the chopper info. The rest was copied from elsewhere.
The facts are what they are.
And please tell me CG...How am I not being fair?
My comments are based on actual facts.
Like I said...I am done with this. The site owner will have to make up her own mind. It only becomes all of our problem when NONE of us can get the info anymore.
Since you are listening to the scanner....you are aware of the repeated request from Jeffco to Elk Creek today for off air information....right?

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds