Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

28 Oct 2012 15:23 - 28 Oct 2012 15:26 #51 by CC
Can we all say "Condescending"

Nice way to treat members who disagree. In this case...I am in outstanding company.

Just an FWI....The next time we have a big fire and the info is encrypted from the Fire departments and such.....well, I guess since you don't live up here....it won't matter to you.

We depend on this info.
Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2012 15:24 #52 by jf1acai
CinnamonGirl, you asked for feedback, and you got it. It is your choice if you wish to ignore that feedback.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

28 Oct 2012 16:39 #53 by HappyCamper
Wow don't login for awhile and all hell breaks loose.

Be it what it is I did not have a problem with th first post and I wish I could record the TV as they also had the age on the news cast so i hope you are actively giving them a hard time also (because of a news report I came to look here first watched the story this morning)

Anyway you look at it we love 285bound as we are not sensored and if you don't like how it is done here may I suggest you move to a different site.

I feel bad that many of the people here who volunteer there time for many events both those related to and not related to 285bound having to defend their position.

Just an opinion this is not directed and any individual but would like to see harmony and move on.

Sorry for any of the cryptic words but this is the first time I am using my droid to post and I will have to say I won't do this much in the furture what a pain.

28 Oct 2012 16:45 #54 by CC
And I would suggest you not push your sensibilities on the rest of us either.

As I said before..........The news has a policy to not publish information until it is confirmed and families are properly notified.
This is an uncensored website so we ALL are allowed to post our beliefs and opinions.
I posted mine. CG disagreed and solicited additional input. She got it and didn't like it.
Is that hard to understand?

28 Oct 2012 17:28 #55 by archer
Try the Swype keyboard on your Droid, if it's available, once you get used to it it's more accurate than the stock Android keyboard.

28 Oct 2012 17:36 #56 by archer
I have avoided commenting on this thread because I can see both sides of the issue. I don't think CG was trying to do anything beyond informing people of what she had heard about a fire and it's aftermath. I can also see that some would feel it was too much information....Everyone has a right to voice their concerns, but when constructive criticism reads more like a critical personal attack, then there is a problem and we end up with several pages of back and forth accusations. That is unnecessary, and unfair.

28 Oct 2012 17:56 #57 by Raees
Anyone else noticed the "official" post over in the scanner thread says "Fighter Fighter Down"?

Glad he's OK.

28 Oct 2012 18:12 #58 by CC

archer wrote: I have avoided commenting on this thread because I can see both sides of the issue. I don't think CG was trying to do anything beyond informing people of what she had heard about a fire and it's aftermath. I can also see that some would feel it was too much information....Everyone has a right to voice their concerns, but when constructive criticism reads more like a critical personal attack, then there is a problem and we end up with several pages of back and forth accusations. That is unnecessary, and unfair.

Archer...you and I agree. As a matter of fact...I tried to work this out completely behind the scenes originally.
And it was unnecessary and unfair on BOTH sides.
I understand that she was simply trying to help. There has to be a happy middle by which information is shared and victims are protected.

28 Oct 2012 18:36 #59 by Hoot Owl
Becky, this is a pretty strange fight.
You are fighting about information about a web post. A family lost thier home. A firefighter went to the hospital. You are concerned about a website? There is bigger stufff out there in the world

28 Oct 2012 19:19 #60 by ShilohLady
I know I'm a bit late to chime in but when I read the title of this thread, it bothered me as a scanner monitor. I've been spending a lot of time in Summit County lately so haven't been able to post scanner information on ANY site but honestly, even identifying that at fire fighter was down bothers me. Adding the age and a history of seizures, in my opinion, severely narrowed the field of potential victims and was unnecessary. In my opinion, virtually all of the information provided was what I would have termed as a medical call and if I were listening and posting, I would probably only posted that a chopper would be landing on a medical issue. DSV has a long-standing policy of not posting medical calls at all and only posting the bare minimum when a chopper is involved. We do post the chopper landing as this is something visible to a large number of people in the area and may possibly affect traffic but we typically don't mention the reason for the chopper unless it is the direct result of a traffic crash.

There was a fire (and, condolences to the family affected by the fire) and there was a chopper go which was related to the fire but that information wasn't necessary in my opinion. Had I been listening from start to finish, I might have listed them as two separate posts or I might possibly have included the chopper go in the fire thread just as an injury from the fire without identifying that the injury was to a firefighter.

Again, many different people listening will have different points of view. Becky's concern, however, that more and more information will be moved off of the scanner in the future is a valid one. Back when we started DSV, we had meetings with the fire chiefs from all the local departments and hammered out an agreement with them as to how much information should be posted and what types of information should not be posted on a community website. Those of us involved since the beginning are very sensitive to these points and will always try to remind others of the sensitive nature of seemingly innocent information.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds