Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

28 Oct 2012 22:05 #81 by Sunshine Girl

Becky wrote: I think for CG....it is about control and not so much about right and wrong.

I disagree 100%. CG is NOT the one with control issues. People are entitled to run things how they choose on the sites THEY OWN or manage. Same for you. I don't know if CG calls you, pm's you, or posts on your site how to do your business. Just a thought. I see how Pinecam was praised on here by you (that alone was kinda funny to read), but they gave info. on what happened to the FF too. I read the link there and I think it was posted fine and Cos had a wonderful post about first responders.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2012 22:14 #82 by Sunshine Girl

akilina wrote: Thank you Cinnamon Girl for the information you provided. In the future I will always come here first or to Radio Frequency link.

I did not see his name, address, birth date or social security number, etc.

I appreciate having the information. There are number of 24 year olds who volunteer so how to specifically identify is beyond me, nor did it tell me who the ff is and how in the hell would I tell by seizure.

I know everyone has a right to voice an opinion but Becky sometimes, as much as I often see your point of view, you just pissed me off. You came off as an arrogant, self-appointed know it all. You could have broached the subject in such a way that it could have been a win-win for everyone, a professional approach.

Came back to add that if you talk with any of the f.d. they really don't want any info posted no matter how broadly it is described. That's why they all go to phone to phone when they are able.

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Exactly!

Now to the most important thing of all lest we forget.......Prayers out to the fire fighter and the family that lost their home. Thank you to all that put their lives in danger in a second to help total strangers. If any Bounder knows this family please let them know that we are all here to help them. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

28 Oct 2012 23:11 #83 by CC
Sunshine....I let the past go a while back. CG and I have had many long talks since that time.
This is not about wanting to tell these guys how to run their site.
I will try and say this one more time.
This was about trying to preserve a fine line.
Otter....those conversations have been held with fire chiefs throughout the many jurisdictions up here.
They have been clear on their wishes.
I am afraid for the day when they shut the flow of information down. It seemed a small thing to do to honor the request of having guidelines similar to HIPAA to protect everyone's needs.
What happens when we have that next fire and we can't rely on scanners to help pass on information.
scanner information has been invaluable at giving early info to residents here.
No one gave CG more praise than I did for how she handled the Lower North fork Fire.....almost completely on her own. She did an amazing job (and CG knows that is true)
I am pretty passionate about something I have spent over 10 years trying to provide to a community.
I have no problem with how things are done here. To be honest.....I don't spend much time looking at the scanner forum since I am hearing it on my own scanner and don't often check sites to see what is there.
This one jumped out at many of us who have spent a lot of time providing this info as evidenced by many of those monitors posts here.
I don't care what you do here....just try not to post anything that hurts everyone across the board and potentially stops the flow of info.

28 Oct 2012 23:19 #84 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Becky wrote: I think for CG....it is about control and not so much about right and wrong.

I disagree 100%. CG is NOT the one with control issues. People are entitled to run things how they choose on the sites THEY OWN or manage. Same for you. I don't know if CG calls you, pm's you, or posts on your site how to do your business. Just a thought. I see how Pinecam was praised on here by you (that alone was kinda funny to read), but they gave info. on what happened to the FF too. I read the link there and I think it was posted fine and Cos had a wonderful post about first responders.

Not trying to be an jerk but Becky and Jack, have you tried posting on Pinecam to let them know what you think? How did that work out for you?

Hippa law does not apply and this is now approaching a full day over something so very small. Please do not try and tell me you tried to work it out behind the scenes. You PMd me and I told you I did not agree, that you should talk to the owner if you had an issue and I was respectful. I said I would keep your concerns in mind the next time I post. I am the one who tried to appease you but you are unappeasable. (yeah new word)

Maybe we could cut to the chase as to what is it that is going to get you to just stop. You didn't get your way. I was sucked into this by you. You took this to the site immediately, but I stuck with it and spent the day continually letting you know that the site does not agree. They have a right not to. I don't agree. I have a right not to agree. This is one time it would be best if you just admit that it is okay if this is not done your way.

Pinecam can do whatever they like, DSV can do whatever they like. Communities Bound has their own way of helping their affiliates with site issues. I don't follow PC's way of running a website for myself or for communities bound. It may have been done right for you over there, so I wish you well with your "read only" Pinecam site. I stuck with you, did not take the easy way out and continually talked to you knowing I would get dogged for it. I think that in itself deserves respect. I tried the softball way, and the hard ball way. What do you want? I listened Jack, to both of your feedback. This is has been a long history with you guys. It is time for you to compromise. Plain and simple.

28 Oct 2012 23:43 #85 by CC
you win CG..I give.

29 Oct 2012 08:04 #86 by jf1acai

ECFF235
Posts pretty often

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:14 pm Post subject:
Good coverage. Thanks.

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 71#1419671

Nuff said.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Oct 2012 10:54 - 29 Oct 2012 13:12 #87 by BearMtnHIB
Lordy, 9 frickin pages. And most of it as worthless as most of the scanner posts on these web sites. I'm going to enter my opinion here- and there's going to be people who don't like it. It's not personal, so don't take it personally.

Most of the scanner posts are just about worthless to our community, because they have been sensored, and all the best information, all the "good" stuff has been stripped away in order to provide only the most BLAND information.

How did this come about? Well- as far as I'm concerned- a FEW people at a few web sites unilaterally decided what was best for our community. They went overboard in their policy of restraint- and out of what they think was respect for personal information- they pretty much screwed up what was supposed to be the original purpose- informing our community.

After all (in my opinion) the community well informed should be priority one- not the idea of protecting personal information- these people have "MADE-UP" these rules in their own heads. These same people even admitted that they have coordinated with our local government- in order to decide which information our community has the right to hear- and which stuff they will sensor from us. This is shameful- not my idea of free flow of information.

This is a very important topic on my mind- has been for quite some time. Now the official media has no more right to inform the community than we do here on 285bound. We have every right that any radio or TV station has. We have every right to free speech, and we are better at providing the details than any newspaper, Radio or TV station because we are better focused on our area. Official TV and News media regularly publish names- provide photo's and release personal information of victims- witnesses and even family members. Over the years - they have pissed off plenty of people- believe me. Official media does not with hold any information- if they deem it worthwhile to the public- they don't give a crap what the local government’s think- they will publish it- or air it! They do not ask the fire departments or sheriff what their opinion is- they make up their own rules and they live by those rules. Many times their decision to do so is weighed by dollars- and by their wanting their station or paper to be the most popular by its readers or viewers.

After all- the station or news group that provides the best stories & details are usually top of the ratings.

Now let me say this- and I hope everyone hears this loud and clear! I know the law here on this issue…

Any information aired by our local governments which can be heard on a police scanner- IS PUBLIC INFORMATION!! I can’t stress this enough- once it is broadcast over the scanner- it’s PUBLIC. Any Radio, Newspaper, or TV station is just providing a public service by repeating it. It’s already public. The community has a right to know this information- all of it- not just what some “scanner monitor” thinks we have a right to.

This is the problem I have with Pinec*m- and folks- as far as I know I’m still on the scanner team there. Now they have their own “policy”- but that in no way should become a standard for any other site. They can with hold the details from our community- that’s fine- but don’t think that 285bound has to play by the same rules. In many ways- what Pinec*m is doing is a dis-service to the community- and it’s outright sensorship.

No proper media reporter would let the competition make the rules for them- no proper media reporter would ever allow the government to tell them what they could report- and what they should sensor- ever. If this was the standard- Woodward & Bernstein would have kept their mouths shut about Watergate- and the country would never have known.

285Bound should never allow others to make up their policy- it should be set by the owners and scanner team of 285Bound. And if 285Bound wants to be the best- they will not sensor the information.

That said- I have read this entire thread- it’s total BS to claim that ANY personal information appeared in the thread that was posted for this fire. If anything- it allowed many people to exclude their firefighter from the worry of it being their family member. The fact that an age was posted- in no way- NO WAY, could be construed as personal information – not by me- not by any reasonable person. Any media would report this fact without any hesitation what-so-ever.

The fact is that with these strict policies in place- these community websites who think they are providing information to the community- are really just creating more questions and more worry. Their posts are mostly worthless. If a firefighter is down- that’s news! We need to know this, in fact if it were a TV or newspaper- they would interview witnesses and try to get even more details as quick as they can- in order to publish it!
If you really want to serve the community- we need more information, not less. We need more details, not less.

Everyone has the right to hear everything that our local government is up to- and most importantly- what our emergency services are up to. This is why I go out of my way to make this information available in real time- while it’s happening. Web sites like this can do a great service by making it available in print- so it can be read while it happens- and afterwards.

This information belongs to the public by all rights as Americans. They should hide nothing- and in my opinion- 285Bound should hide nothing.

YOU did the right thing CG- keep up the good work, and don’t let anyone set policy but the owners and the scanner teams themselves.

29 Oct 2012 11:27 #88 by otterdog
Yep - Let's throw common decency out the window - Who needs that anyway! We have a right to know even if it doesn't affect us and it's just for our own gawking - To hell with anyone that may be hurt by it because god damn it, I have a right to know!

BM - What contageous disease do you have - You know I have a right to know! Doesn't even have to be contageous - doesn't have to affect me, I have a right to know! Why are you withholding information from me? You are censoring - You are just as bad as the people you accuse of withholding info.

29 Oct 2012 11:33 #89 by BearMtnHIB
4 posts and you think you know everything?

Up your's.

I've been involved in monitoring our local government for 30 years- and I personally provide this information to the public- if you don't like it- you can ignore it.

I recieved hundreds of e-mails during the Lower North Fork fire from people all over the country- who wanted more information than even the media was providing. My scanner feeds were available worldwide- on a national website. I had over 2200 listeners - and hundreds of emails.

I tried to get as much information out there as I could- answer as many e-mails as I could- and keep my equipment from crashing. Many people were property owners within the fire area- and were very frustrated with the limited information coming from PIO's and media and web sites like Pinecam.

So I know what I'm talking about- and you have your head up your ass- so take a hike.

Communist Russia and China are full of people like you- who think that information does not belong to the people.

29 Oct 2012 11:39 #90 by otterdog
So what's your scanner site?

ps - You are such a sweetie! I bet your momma's real proud of the way you treat other people!

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds