Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

30 Oct 2012 07:01 #101 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.
Becky, that is different than what went on here on Sunday. I am not down playing your hurt from your god son.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2012 07:29 #102 by CC
I realize that CG.
I am merely trying to emphasize BA's point that there has to be a middle ground.

30 Oct 2012 07:42 #103 by CinnamonGirl
I understand. Just saying to be clear.

30 Oct 2012 07:45 #104 by CC
And in fairness to the DenverChannel....the pentagon had released the info. The family had been notified and had not had the opportunity to notify loved ones.
The point here.....people can be devastated by the information that we all try to provide.

I spoke to a friend recently who's husband was killed on 126. We covered the accident and her response to the fact that it was on DSV was that it should not have been there. This was a person who helped to found DSV and who understood the need for what we do better than most. I am so glad that we did not provide any "extra" details on that situation.

http://www.disastersupportvolunteers.co ... rashs-pine

We had to stand face to face with her.

I agree that the information that is provided should be as unfiltered as possible.

I just "personally" believe that the age and condition of a victim are not information I need.
Perhaps you could explain to me why you felt the community needed to know that.

30 Oct 2012 07:53 - 30 Oct 2012 07:59 #105 by CC
I have an idea.....since some have posted publicly stating that all information that is aired over the scanner should be posted......Let's address some of those facts.

The exact address of medical calls, house fires, domestic abuse, burglaries, murders and suicides are provided to those who are listening.
Should we provide those exact addresses?

30 Oct 2012 07:53 #106 by CinnamonGirl
I don't want to go over this again. Elk creek is fine with the info released you can't get it from a source closer to the situation.

30 Oct 2012 08:05 #107 by CC
Elk Creek does not have a choice to say differently without opening a can or worms for themselves and the community. My guess is that they would hope that proper discretion would be used.
It is something that does need to be addressed with ALL local emergency service providers.

CG...the point of this "discussion" is to seek a common ground. You specifically asked for that input yet now you don't want to discuss it.
How is this any different than discussing any other issue on this site.
I engage in this dialog to give others the opportunity to provide information that could possibly help me alter my point of view. I thought that is what a "discussion" forum was for.

30 Oct 2012 09:01 #108 by CinnamonGirl

Becky wrote: I have an idea.....since some have posted publicly stating that all information that is aired over the scanner should be posted......Let's address some of those facts.

The exact address of medical calls, house fires, domestic abuse, burglaries, murders and suicides are provided to those who are listening.
Should we provide those exact addresses?

Of course not, I never post that information. But some news sites do. That is just one thing I don't like to post. In fact, during fires I disagree with news stations that publicly post the addresses of all homes destroyed in a fire. However, some may agree with that decision because the families can find out if their home was on the list. You have to look at the underlying intention. Becky, I hope you didn't mean it but you told me you thought I had no decency, etc. for this issue on Sunday. That was not fair. The intention on all this is to HELP the community. Sites have to make decisions and I do with my job and Communities Bound. You are talking two different things here.

30 Oct 2012 09:05 #109 by CinnamonGirl

Becky wrote: Elk Creek does not have a choice to say differently without opening a can or worms for themselves and the community. My guess is that they would hope that proper discretion would be used.
It is something that does need to be addressed with ALL local emergency service providers.

CG...the point of this "discussion" is to seek a common ground. You specifically asked for that input yet now you don't want to discuss it.
How is this any different than discussing any other issue on this site.
I engage in this dialog to give others the opportunity to provide information that could possibly help me alter my point of view. I thought that is what a "discussion" forum was for.

Becky, we made the decision. There is not enough to change it at this time. You have your own site and you can control it in any way you see fit. You cannot control this one. What is the common ground you want? I am not understanding why you are still going on with this.

30 Oct 2012 09:40 #110 by CC
Not trying to go on with this. i just believe that the discussion is important for the community to have.
I understand what the Chief said and why he said it.
Chances are pretty good that next time.....they will be a little more careful about what they say on air or choose to use a different frequency or cell phone to exchange that info.
We are all on a learning curve.
If you don't wish to participate in this discussion CG, don't. But I am personally interested in what the community thinks so that I can adjust what I do or do not post. As a community member, don't I have the same rights as others to bring up questions and discuss issues that are pertinent to the community?

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds