Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

28 Oct 2012 19:22 #61 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2012 19:33 - 28 Oct 2012 19:51 #62 by CC
Yes there is Hoot Owl.
Several million people are about to be impacted in a huge way.
This was about a principal that is very important to those of us who post this information.
It has always been a general norm to not post personal information regarding victims.
I believe if CG were to look up the HIPAA Act of 1996....she would find all the reasons she needs to not post this kind of information.
We seek to protect the information for all. There is a very real risk that failure to use common sense when posting could and will result in the information be encrypted in the future.
Yes...this was one fire and people lost their home but the principal is actually a much larger one.
My complaint was leveraged against a desire to keep information available to all.
This did not necessarily have to be a fight had the OP been willing to open her mind to the concrete reasons for the complaint instead of finding a way to simply justify the action....because someone else had posted it to.
I truly believe that Cos deserves our respect for the dignified way he handled the situation. I and others should be able to say that without a fight. He did an outstanding job. Text Book....in my opinion.
We don't really need the details.....do we?

28 Oct 2012 19:34 #63 by V_A
The 2 sides of Becky.

Scream like a raped Ape over the possible disclosure of personal information about a public servant but you have no problem spreading rumors about public servants or supporting those who spread rumors if it fits your personal agenda.

Still Bipolar

28 Oct 2012 19:51 #64 by CC
Just some food for thought.....

Protected Health Information. The Privacy Rule protects all "individually identifiable health information" held or transmitted by a covered entity or its business associate, in any form or media, whether electronic, paper, or oral. The Privacy Rule calls this information "protected health information (PHI)."12

“Individually identifiable health information” is information, including demographic data, that relates to:

the individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health or condition,
the provision of health care to the individual, or
the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual,

and that identifies the individual or for which there is a reasonable basis to believe it can be used to identify the individual.13 Individually identifiable health information includes many common identifiers (e.g., name, address, birth date, Social Security Number).

The Privacy Rule excludes from protected health information employment records that a covered entity maintains in its capacity as an employer and education and certain other records subject to, or defined in, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. §1232g.

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/un ... index.html

28 Oct 2012 20:17 - 28 Oct 2012 20:24 #65 by akilina
Thank you Cinnamon Girl for the information you provided. In the future I will always come here first or to Radio Frequency link.

I did not see his name, address, birth date or social security number, etc.

I appreciate having the information. There are number of 24 year olds who volunteer so how to specifically identify is beyond me, nor did it tell me who the ff is and how in the hell would I tell by seizure.

I know everyone has a right to voice an opinion but Becky sometimes, as much as I often see your point of view, you just pissed me off. You came off as an arrogant, self-appointed know it all. You could have broached the subject in such a way that it could have been a win-win for everyone, a professional approach.

Came back to add that if you talk with any of the f.d. they really don't want any info posted no matter how broadly it is described. That's why they all go to phone to phone when they are able.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

28 Oct 2012 20:23 #66 by otterdog
Anyone ask a firefighter to see what they think?

28 Oct 2012 20:24 #67 by otterdog
(Woo-hoo! My first post!)

28 Oct 2012 20:31 #68 by CC

I know everyone has a right to voice an opinion but Becky sometimes, as much as I often see your point of view, you just pissed me off. You came off as an arrogant, self-appointed know it all. You could have broached the subject in such a way that it could have been a win-win for everyone, a professional approach.

I tried

28 Oct 2012 20:33 #69 by jf1acai
What ECFD saw fit to release about the incident:

At 05:30 this morning, the Elk Creek Fire Department responded to an active structure fire.

Upon arrival Elk Creek crews found that the occupants had evacuated. They observed substantial flame involvement inside the attic and on the roof of the building. An initial defensive attack was ordered, and proved effective. Elk Creek Firefighters switched to offensive tactics, making entry into the building with an 1 ¾-inch attack line. The fire was quickly extinguished.

One Elk Creek Firefighter suffered from smoke inhalation, and was airlifted to St Anthony's Hospital. He is now resting and is doing very well. He is expected to make a full recovery and be released soon.

It appears that the fire originated in the chimney and spread into the attic of the structure. There was substantial structural damage to the home. No other injuries were incurred.

Firefighter Michael Davis, Public Information Officer

https://www.facebook.com/ElkCreekFireDepartment

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

28 Oct 2012 20:35 #70 by CC

otterdog wrote: (Woo-hoo! My first post!)

Good job....and it was a good post to.

I have suggested that the question be asked on the hot list forum but as akilina stated.....we likely know the answer to that.......which is what the real issue really boils down to.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds