Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

28 Oct 2012 11:22 #21 by CC

If I said somewhere that I am accusing another site of stealing information you misunderstood me. It is the internet, info is posted by many and reposted.

And as far as PC you brought it up I didn't, you know I am going to say something about it. Listen, I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your opinion on it. I am not trying to be stubborn about it. But this is info you can get other places.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://dailybail.com/storage/sheep_off_cliff.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1266307491213&sa=X&ei=Y2iNULirGcqhyAGa2IGoCg&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFnbYSZc1yhR_nhAynWcMGyWJ8QQw

How original of you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2012 11:25 #22 by Mtn Gramma
Hells Bells! You yammer and yammer and yammer, seemingly hoping that by bombarding the OP with slop you'll get your way. Why don't you just go to DSV (where there's nothing about this incident under "Recent Posts"), post the incident there the way you want it done, and let 285bound do things the way they want to.

Sheesh!

28 Oct 2012 11:35 #23 by CC
You don't see the other side of bombardment Mtn Gramma.

This is about info to us all and the reckless behavior of one that can and will affect us all.
Sorry you don't see that.

I thought we all had standards for a reason. it was to protect all of us. Pinecam, DSV and this website.
This isn't about DSV. We did not hear the fire. Just that simple. Pinecam actually did monitor this fire from beginning to end. They didn't just go find information from other sources to post. They did the work and handled it with dignity and respect. They deserve credit for that.
I will ALWAYS speak up when I see a situation that could ultimately affect us all when it comes to the open flow of information. These ER folks don't like the posting of this kind of info. Never have and never will.
More and more we hear a certain amount of information going off air.....perhaps for this very reason.
So you can get mad at the messenger all you want. I will always speak up when this sort of thing happens.

28 Oct 2012 11:44 #24 by Raees
No need for for a vote. It comes down to the owner of this website and what they will allow. People can huff and puff all they want but it is ultimately the owner's decision or those placed in authority by the owner, on what gets posted. I agree with MtnGrandma. If the public service agencies have a problem with something I am sure they will contact the website directly.

28 Oct 2012 11:46 #25 by CC
Actually Raees...they won't.
They will just quietly shut down the flow of info.

28 Oct 2012 11:58 #26 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.
Okay, just FYI. IN a robbery situation we are very careful about info that could tip off a suspect. Happened on Smoky Hill and the Robbery gone bad in Denver. In an accident we are careful about names and sometimes other identifying info. This one did not seem bad however Becky, we need more info from some other sources before we can decide on this one. I do not think the age and seizure info was any worse than the fact that the person had cyanide poisoning. i think it is important to talk about this.

I think saying this is reckless behavior is overstating it. We are careful, but in this one situation I disagree. I don't think any harm was done. If someone else feels otherwise please post here. We need your input.

28 Oct 2012 12:14 #27 by appleannie
Cos handled it properly. With what was posted here, there was too great a chance that anyone with a 24 year old firefighting loved one possibly on the scene was stressed needlessly. I also disagree with the cyanide poisoning & seizure info. TMI.

28 Oct 2012 12:18 #28 by BuyersAgent1
As a practical matter, is it possible that the family members of the felled firefighter could be first learning of the incident here (or on Pinecam)? In other words, are family members contacted by first responders, or do those people only attend to the injured?

28 Oct 2012 12:31 #29 by CC
I don't have an answer to your question BA. I would suspect that they do but the generally held belief is that NO personally identifying information, including and most especially the fact that a firefighter was involved is provided without a proper news source involved as they are generally restrained to proper notification of family before publication.
It is just my opinion but just because it is on the internet somewhere.....that does not give any specific individual the right to cross a line that has always been held as a general norm by many who have volunteered to keep the public informed.

28 Oct 2012 12:56 #30 by appleannie

Becky wrote: I don't have an answer to your question BA. I would suspect that they do but the generally held belief is that NO personally identifying information, including and most especially the fact that a firefighter was involved is provided without a proper news source involved as they are generally restrained to proper notification of family before publication.

The bolded is the bottom line, as I see it. Although family is notified, if you put that stuff on a scanner post, it's quite possible to beat whoever is trying to notify the family to the punch. Even if family members don't happen to be online, all it takes is someone who is reading it and saying, "Hmmm... __ is an Elk Creek firefighter around that age, maybe I should call his mother and ask." It's just bad form.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds