Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

28 Oct 2012 14:35 #41 by jf1acai
IMO, you should always err on the side of protecting the victims, rather than providing unnecessary and possibly hurtful information.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2012 14:45 #42 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.
jf1 once again your opinion. I see it as reporting info you guys are deciding that he didn't want that info posted. I still don't know what his name is. Let me ask you something? Can we post any information on your site. Would I be allowed to sign up over there? I am not trying to be a jerk but I don't think you two are trying to see it from the other side. I am. I don't believe in censoring if at all possible. This didn't put anyone in danger. I am not going to go back and forth on this for much longer. It is not about the info it is about the control. You cannot control every site just the way the free market works. Becky you are a conservative you should get this.

28 Oct 2012 14:52 #43 by appleannie

jf1acai wrote: IMO, you should always err on the side of protecting the victims, rather than providing unnecessary and possibly hurtful information.

Absolutely. And, really, the particulars of his injuries are none of our business - that's just gossip. We need to know about things like fires. We need to know about wrecks and traffic problems but delving into personal injuries is intrusive.

Becky and jf are correct.

28 Oct 2012 14:54 #44 by CC
CG...don't turn this into something it isn't.
In many opinions...you posted to much info. it's just that simple.
Many of us have chosen or agreed with Fire Departments to not post that kind of information.
The reasons are self explanatory.

28 Oct 2012 14:54 #45 by appleannie

It is not about the info it is about the control

God knows I've had my go-arounds with Becky but, in this case, it is about the info.

28 Oct 2012 15:04 #46 by jf1acai
Yes you would be allowed to sign up at DSV. And you would be allowed to post scanner information as long as you agreed to and followed our Scanner Manual, which is the same one I provided to Communities Bound.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

28 Oct 2012 15:08 #47 by CC
I think for CG....it is about control and not so much about right and wrong.

28 Oct 2012 15:08 #48 by CinnamonGirl

Becky wrote: CG...don't turn this into something it isn't.
In many opinions...you posted to much info. it's just that simple.
Many of us have chosen or agreed with Fire Departments to not post that kind of information.
The reasons are self explanatory.

Okay, I was being nice and explaining time to step it up a bit. Were you guys not the ones that took your marbles and went home because you did not like not having total control? I don't appreciate being attacked and spending my whole day (on a Sunday no less) arguing about semantics. This is not about that information it is about control. I am a bit sick of it. Get over it, your point is taken and not followed. One thing I have learned. If the party you are explaining to does not want to get it, time to stop. Becky, this is ridiculous. PC is not always correct, DSV is not always :"correct" and CB sites are not always going to be correct. It is time to get over it. You are wrong. Let it go. You have your own site, go post there. And just like all the other sites in the area you guys censor just as much as Parkbull, Pinecam and DSV. This seems to be the only site you have and you should either appreciate it or go bitch on your own site.

I am not trying to be a 'bitch'. I am just saying this seems to be the only thing you understand is when I have to get nasty. It is over. And thankfully the young man is okay as far as I know. That is what we should focus on. I doubt that will happen though.

If we are going to have this out we have to hurry. I need to walk my dog and make tortillas before the bronco game. You are lucky I gave this much time. I am trying to estimate how many days this one is going to take from my life in hours. I am very busy this week with a new affiliate.

28 Oct 2012 15:19 - 28 Oct 2012 15:21 #49 by CC
Our leaving had nothing to do with control CG. Want to step it up....we can do that.
I distinctly remember why I left. Do we really want to rehash it here?
How gracious of you CG.
You create a problem.
More than one person disagrees with you.
You single me out to vent your rage at being called out.
No...I am not wrong on this CG. YOU ARE!!! And decent folks know that.

28 Oct 2012 15:20 #50 by CinnamonGirl
It depends on if you are talking about me or someone else.

I would prefer to do it after the game. I can't babysit this afternoon.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds