Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

30 Oct 2012 09:44 #111 by Mtn Gramma

Becky wrote: I have an idea.....since some have posted publicly stating that all information that is aired over the scanner should be posted......

I admit that I usually just scan some posts. Please direct me to one stating that "all information that is aired over the scanner should be posted"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2012 10:10 #112 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

Becky wrote: Not trying to go on with this. i just believe that the discussion is important for the community to have.
I understand what the Chief said and why he said it.
Chances are pretty good that next time.....they will be a little more careful about what they say on air or choose to use a different frequency or cell phone to exchange that info.
We are all on a learning curve.
If you don't wish to participate in this discussion CG, don't. But I am personally interested in what the community thinks so that I can adjust what I do or do not post. As a community member, don't I have the same rights as others to bring up questions and discuss issues that are pertinent to the community?

Here is the deal Becky, sometimes we make decisions and they are not always perfect and we make mistakes. But I have enough experience doing this to know I am not going to do something crazy. I don't post names and addresses. This is a difference of opinion and correct me if I am wrong but what I see is that you can't just let this one go and realize that the policy is not necessarily wrong. It may be to you but what I don't get is even why you would have this discussion when you fawned all over pinecam on the only site besides your own that would let you. You can love any site you want on here, all I am saying is this is not making sense.

I just know I am going to regret bringing this up but, you and the scanners left this site. You have no say anymore. This was not an address, or a name. We disagree with you on this ONE instance. And it was not a huge issue. You cannot control this situation. There is more support for what happened than negative feedback so your opinion is not going to be taken in this one instance. However I told you I would always consider your concerns in future posts and I meant that. I don't think there is much else to say on the subject. But I will be as patient as possible if you have some other concern.

30 Oct 2012 14:03 #113 by V_A
and Becky keeps trying to grind you down until she gets what she wants. Somethings never change.

I bet CG and SG wish to hell they had never given Becky their phone numbers. I suspect you only see half of the communications on this issue online the rest is consumed by 30 minute calls with Becky. For that CG & SG should get an award.

30 Oct 2012 16:37 #114 by V_A
New information has come in, the renter of the home had an MJ grow operation in the home. Maybe this had nothing to do with the fire, but one has to wonder.

30 Oct 2012 20:42 #115 by akilina
Been following the thread when I have time. So a question. Becky mentioned hippa or hhs with a link and Raees laws regarding radio scanners and then Bear saying what is said is public information that anyone may use. So how come hippa or whatever it is and laws regarding radio scanners don't apply?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

30 Oct 2012 22:42 #116 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.
The Privacy Rule, as well as all the Administrative Simplification rules, apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”). For help in determining whether you are covered, use CMS's decision tool.

Using electronic technology, such as email, does not mean a health care provider is a covered entity; the transmission must be in connection with a standard transaction. The Privacy Rule covers a health care provider whether it electronically transmits these transactions directly or uses a billing service or other third party to do so on its behalf. Health care providers include all “providers of services” (e.g., institutional providers such as hospitals) and “providers of medical or health services” (e.g., non-institutional providers such as physicians, dentists and other practitioners) as defined by Medicare, and any other person or organization that furnishes, bills, or is paid for health care.

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/un ... index.html

I will disclose that info posted was the transmission from flight for life/helicopter talking to the ER with info on the patient. It came over a scanner and you need to have sense with posting this info. But hippa just does not apply in this case.

30 Oct 2012 22:52 #117 by CC
I merely mentioned it as a guideline CG.

Just because something is legal.....doesn't always make it right.

edited to add......there was a reason the Fire Dept commended PC.
Sorry you missed it.

You said you were done so.....so am I.

30 Oct 2012 22:57 #118 by CC
HIPAA primarily covers health care professional, first responders and such.
I mentioned it as a guideline to follow to ere on the side of discretion.
The law raees quoted was somewhat cherry picked. (surprise) If you read further....it does not prohibit repeating scanner transmissions. The 1st amendment still trumps.

30 Oct 2012 23:01 #119 by ScienceChic

Becky wrote: edited to add......there was a reason the Fire Dept commended PC.
Sorry you missed it.

Yes, there is and I'm sorry you don't see why.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Oct 2012 23:03 #120 by CC
Well....maybe you could explain it.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds