Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

31 Oct 2012 03:31 #121 by Sunshine Girl
Dear Cinnamon Girl,

A wise person once said, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
(Albert Einstein)

Let me start off by saying that I think you are a very nice woman with the patience of a saint! However, for the life of me I can't understand, or identify with, your willingness to put up with so much verbal bullsh*t! If ANYONE EVER spoke to me the way you ALLOW certain poster/s to speak to you I would.............well, I wouldn't I guess. My question is why do you!?! I think it is because you are a professional business woman and you are overly worried what others here would think of you. Do you think we would disrespect you if you were firm and rude to someone on here? Guess what? Most of us (I think) would respect THE H*LL out of you for finally putting a stop to the abusive posts directed at you.

Bullies look for someone who appears weaker than them, someone who is nice, and someone who is in a position of weakness. Your weakness is your concern about not appearing to be professional and respectful on here. That makes you an easy victim. You constantly engage in "the same bullsh*t - different topic" all the time and with the same results. Why? No matter what you say in response to the verbal attacks tossed your way will you EVER get a different result. Instead you look weak and a bit powerless.

Here is a gift from me to you. They might seem invisible in this post, but they are here. The gift is a brand new, shiny set of lady balls. Go ahead and put them on. Don't they feel good? :biggrin: Now, they only response you ever need to give to someone who wants to b*tch, fight, complain, harrass, or be verbally abusive is this, "ARE YOU FINISHED YET?" Now, truly the best thing is to say nothing at all and completely ignore their posts, but if you just can't help yourself then you can use that sentence instead. Remember, they are not interested in you defending your point, logic, common sense, or your opinion. They want to be right (and you to admit you're wrong) and anything short of that is unacceptable to them.

If someone treated me that way I would give them a bit of f*ck and a bit of off, but I don't have the patience you do and I'm not as nice as you are. Luckily, most people don't have the desire to bully someone who is nice because we appreciate that in a person, but clearly some don't. You are also much too nice to take your gift of "lady balls" and smack them between the eyes with it (like I would do), so "ARE YOU FINISHED YET?" might have to suffice. Let them rant and rave and make a total fool out of themselves and you can either ignore them or respond to each of their rants with the above. It will be a lot more entertaining for the rest of us watching that then the endless pages of you trying in vain to explain yourself to someone who doesn't deserve and explanation for your business choices.

Ok, doggie is ready to come back in and I get to go back to bed with visions of your lady balls dancing in my head. :wink:

:heart: you CG,

Sunshine :sunshine:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2012 05:03 #122 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

Becky wrote: I merely mentioned it as a guideline CG.

Just because something is legal.....doesn't always make it right.

edited to add......there was a reason the Fire Dept commended PC.
Sorry you missed it.

You said you were done so.....so am I.

They sent the owner of this site an email stating the info was fine. The PIO said that not the Elk Creek Chief.

And the hippa explanation was not directed at you or this issue. I just answered a question from a member.

31 Oct 2012 05:23 #123 by Mtn Gramma
SG, I agree with your "patience of a saint" comment but I don't think SC or CG are lacking in balls. I see it more like being parents of a toddler. When said toddler is throwing themselves on the floor, kicking and screaming because they can't have their way, as a parent you have a couple of options. You can try to reason with them (which rarely works because said toddler is hell bent to have their own way regardless of reality) or you can ignore them and go on about your business. Toddlers are notoriously demanding and self-centered. They demand control even in situations where it's not theirs to have. And they nag and nag and fuss and holler hoping to wear you down to get their own way. I can't remember who said it but this certainly applies: The most out of control thing is a child who's trying to be in control.

I don't see SC or CG as being weak. SC does have a professional approach to this site - it's her livelihood after all. Unfortunately this puts her in a position of having to give more attention in the adult/toddler analogy than one would if it were actually a child in her home. As long as the model is for an open site she doesn't have the option of spanking the toddler and putting it in the corner.

In googling my quote to try to credit it I came across this site: http://www.empoweringparents.com/child-rage.php#

Screaming fights. Destructive behavior. Volatile moods. Do your child’s anger and rage make you feel exhausted and out of control? ....... But matching your child’s rage with your own angry response is not the answer.

31 Oct 2012 05:26 #124 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire Fighter down with chopper go in Pine.

Sunshine Girl wrote: Dear Cinnamon Girl,

A wise person once said, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
(Albert Einstein)

Let me start off by saying that I think you are a very nice woman with the patience of a saint! However, for the life of me I can't understand, or identify with, your willingness to put up with so much verbal bullsh*t! If ANYONE EVER spoke to me the way you ALLOW certain poster/s to speak to you I would.............well, I wouldn't I guess. My question is why do you!?! I think it is because you are a professional business woman and you are overly worried what others here would think of you. Do you think we would disrespect you if you were firm and rude to someone on here? Guess what? Most of us (I think) would respect THE H*LL out of you for finally putting a stop to the abusive posts directed at you.

Bullies look for someone who appears weaker than them, someone who is nice, and someone who is in a position of weakness. Your weakness is your concern about not appearing to be professional and respectful on here. That makes you an easy victim. You constantly engage in "the same bullsh*t - different topic" all the time and with the same results. Why? No matter what you say in response to the verbal attacks tossed your way will you EVER get a different result. Instead you look weak and a bit powerless.

Here is a gift from me to you. They might seem invisible in this post, but they are here. The gift is a brand new, shiny set of lady balls. Go ahead and put them on. Don't they feel good? :biggrin: Now, they only response you ever need to give to someone who wants to b*tch, fight, complain, harrass, or be verbally abusive is this, "ARE YOU FINISHED YET?" Now, truly the best thing is to say nothing at all and completely ignore their posts, but if you just can't help yourself then you can use that sentence instead. Remember, they are not interested in you defending your point, logic, common sense, or your opinion. They want to be right (and you to admit you're wrong) and anything short of that is unacceptable to them.

If someone treated me that way I would give them a bit of f*ck and a bit of off, but I don't have the patience you do and I'm not as nice as you are. Luckily, most people don't have the desire to bully someone who is nice because we appreciate that in a person, but clearly some don't. You are also much too nice to take your gift of "lady balls" and smack them between the eyes with it (like I would do), so "ARE YOU FINISHED YET?" might have to suffice. Let them rant and rave and make a total fool out of themselves and you can either ignore them or respond to each of their rants with the above. It will be a lot more entertaining for the rest of us watching that then the endless pages of you trying in vain to explain yourself to someone who doesn't deserve and explanation for your business choices.

Ok, doggie is ready to come back in and I get to go back to bed with visions of your lady balls dancing in my head. :wink:

Sunshine, nice to see you.

Hey I think I have been known to be quite a bitch on here at times. I am sure you could do a survey to find out. LOL Teddy used to call me a bitch hourly. I do think we gals in business do have to have some balls at times too. We all make mistakes but I do learn from them. I appreciate your post. I have never heard the term "lady ball"s before. And I do find it interesting that you see this as possible weakness. I don't think I quite agree but really, I think lady balls just like guy balls should be used at appropriate times. There certainly are times where I can go off but putting away the emotions and seeing things logically usually works better.

I will say this, I agree 100% ignore sometimes is the best possible solution. We all know that from our "family fights" on this forum. Emotion is almost always the culprit.

Hope you have a great day!

Edited to add- I know you have been kicked around by people on some forums in the past.

31 Oct 2012 06:02 #125 by Raees
As far as the link I posted, I had no idea. I Googled and got that link to a scanner monitoring site and thought it was interesting. I also read it's illegal to divulge HAM radio traffic to third parties but if Becky says it's freedom of speech then she must have done some research on it.

My opinion on giving the age, it set the majority of the loved ones minds at ease. Instead of thinking it could be any firefighter, it help rule out many, many members. I'm also sure when they ask for a chopper someone is immediately on the phone to the wife or husband, telling them they need to start heading to the hospital. I'd go so far as to guess the fire department probably sends the chief or someone in a command capacity to drive them to the hospital.

I'm still unclear why Becky is seeking a public discussion on 285B about what she should post on DSV. Wouldn't that public discussion be better suited on DSV?

I think 285Bound does an outstanding job on the big stuff that matters and doesn't dilute it down to posts that leave more questions than answers. I installed that phone app to listen in, and that's what I do when 285B alerts me that something is up on the corridor. Then I don't have to worry about filtered information.

31 Oct 2012 07:54 - 31 Oct 2012 08:18 #126 by Sunshine Girl

Mtn Gramma wrote: SG, I agree with your "patience of a saint" comment but I don't think SC or CG are lacking in balls. I see it more like being parents of a toddler. When said toddler is throwing themselves on the floor, kicking and screaming because they can't have their way, as a parent you have a couple of options. You can try to reason with them (which rarely works because said toddler is hell bent to have their own way regardless of reality) or you can ignore them and go on about your business. Toddlers are notoriously demanding and self-centered. They demand control even in situations where it's not theirs to have. And they nag and nag and fuss and holler hoping to wear you down to get their own way. I can't remember who said it but this certainly applies: The most out of control thing is a child who's trying to be in control.

I don't see SC or CG as being weak. SC does have a professional approach to this site - it's her livelihood after all. Unfortunately this puts her in a position of having to give more attention in the adult/toddler analogy than one would if it were actually a child in her home. As long as the model is for an open site she doesn't have the option of spanking the toddler and putting it in the corner.

In googling my quote to try to credit it I came across this site: http://www.empoweringparents.com/child-rage.php#

Screaming fights. Destructive behavior. Volatile moods. Do your child’s anger and rage make you feel exhausted and out of control? ....... But matching your child’s rage with your own angry response is not the answer.

Point well taken MG. I don't think CG is a weak person, and certainly not outside of 285Bound or Communities Bound, but I do think that because of her role here and how nice and considerate she is it can appear as a weakness to those who want to abuse it. Case in point, she has asked a few times the members opinions on how we feel regarding her behavior during one of these disputes. Now, perhaps that could be a female thing and I might do the same thing myself. I don't see that kind of caring and concern on Pinecam about their behavior at times. Of course, she gets positive feedback and support from us because it is warranted. I certainly meant no offense to CG. If it were me I would have said, "Shut the F up" a long time ago. I think your take above on the adult/toddler analogy is 100% correct. Because both CG and SC DO have a professional approach to the site let's those inclined to tantrums take advantage of them because they don't have to have the same professional approach. Well, that's what I think anyways. There really needs to be a "Smilie" for "Are you done yet?" :biggrin:

Edited to add: I could NEVER own a site because I would break and ban people. At the very least I would publicly spank them and put them in the corner. Great quote: The most out of control thing is a child who's trying to be in control. Seems like it sums things up PERFECTLY!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

31 Oct 2012 08:06 #127 by Sunshine Girl

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: Dear Cinnamon Girl,

(Albert Einstein)

Sunshine, nice to see you.

Hey I think I have been known to be quite a bitch on here at times. I am sure you could do a survey to find out. LOL Teddy used to call me a bitch hourly. I do think we gals in business do have to have some balls at times too. We all make mistakes but I do learn from them. I appreciate your post. I have never heard the term "lady ball"s before. And I do find it interesting that you see this as possible weakness. I don't think I quite agree but really, I think lady balls just like guy balls should be used at appropriate times. There certainly are times where I can go off but putting away the emotions and seeing things logically usually works better.

I will say this, I agree 100% ignore sometimes is the best possible solution. We all know that from our "family fights" on this forum. Emotion is almost always the culprit.

Hope you have a great day!

Edited to add- I know you have been kicked around by people on some forums in the past.

Hi sweetie, :wave:

You've never heard the term "lady balls" before? :no2: :biggrin: First of all, I've NEVER (that I can remember) seen you be a b*tch on here. I don't know where you get your patience from, but could you send some my way please? I do see you as very professional and caring. My point was that over and over you indulge bullying posts with explanations. I'm sure that extends to pm's as well. To me, it gives them power because they know you will be patient, professional, and tolerant in your posts where they don't have to be. Again, I DON'T THINK YOU ARE A WEAK PERSON AT ALL and I didn't mean to convey you were. I think MG was right when she talked about tantrums. If a child has that at home we walk away and ignore them. My point is by never indulging them here then perhaps they will run out of steam faster. I know you really care so perhaps that is hard, but I do think that we would all understand your silence even when the toddler DEMANDS you respond to them. I hope that makes sense. It is frustrating to read post after post of snide comments when we can all see how patient you are being. I guess I could choose not to read those threads but there goes all my fun. :lol: You are right, I HAVE had my fair share of being kicked around before, but it was only able to continue when I wasn't ever able to respond. I'm sure you've noticed that on a forum that allows us to have a voice (even the bullies) I have zero tolerance for bullsh*t. :wink:

31 Oct 2012 08:12 #128 by Sunshine Girl
quoted from Raees: I'm still unclear why Becky is seeking a public discussion on 285B about what she should post on DSV. Wouldn't that public discussion be better suited on DSV? Exactly!

quoted from Raees: I think 285Bound does an outstanding job on the big stuff that matters and doesn't dilute it down to posts that leave more questions than answers. I installed that phone app to listen in, and that's what I do when 285B alerts me that something is up on the corridor. Then I don't have to worry about filtered information. Well said!!!!!! I didn't know there was a app. I could have used that when I got stuck, and then diverted, from the accident down the hill on 285 yesterday. Prayers to the family that lost a loved one. :heart: Could you pm me or post on how to get this app please? Thank you!

31 Oct 2012 08:22 #129 by Sunshine Girl
See happens when I wake up in the middle of the night and post? I cause even more trouble! :VeryScared: lol :pop

Here is my "smilie" for myself....... :bash . Now it's time for me to get me and my lady balls in gear to work on a secret project for Franz. :grouphug: Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!

31 Oct 2012 09:33 #130 by Raees
I think I've found a solution:

Run each scanner post by Becky first before posting on 285Bound and then tag it with: "I'm Becky and I approved this message."

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds