Update regarding the CommunityBound/My Mountain Town Dispute

26 Jan 2014 12:37 #191 by Cathy_Lee
Symptoms of a superiority complex:

A superiority complex is a psychological disorder in which the affected individual experiences an exaggerated feeling of self-importance. He or she feels superior to other people and displays a general disregard for the thoughts of others. Individuals with a superiority complex often exhibit a sense of grandiosity. They typically maintain a feeling that they are better or more important than other people, and often fail to take the opinions or desires of others seriously. This disorder may also be referred to as narcissism or megalomania.

Traits of someone with a superiority complex include haughtiness, a lack of empathy, and a tendency to brag. Individuals with a narcissistic personality often have a difficult time maintaining close relationships. They exhibit an intense reaction to anything that is perceived as an insult. Someone with a superiority complex flatters those who give him or her admiral acknowledgment, but despise anyone who does not display admiration. The individual often claims to be an expert in a number of areas and pretends to be more than he or she is.

Bingo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2014 13:08 #192 by BuyersAgent
GreatGran, many posters and viewers have expressed concern about the open airing of the dispute on these pages and whether that was the wisest decision that could have been made. It has seemed to me that both Communities Bound and Sharon have had to deal with the "Be careful what you wish for" phenomenon, in that they had both wanted to host a site that didn't moderate too strictly while at the same time, have had to live with the outcome of their decision to let posts stand whatever they say. On some days, that has led to community business advertisements being published directly across from vituperative exchanges that have included some of the worst language I've ever seen on the screen, and suggested our community doesn't get along very well. At the other end of the spectrum is PC itself, which is so sanitized today that a thread in support of Medicare's pickup of Continuous Glucose Monitors was not allowed to remain, simply because some (actually one) posters had expressed the political/philosophical view that no healthcare costs should be paid for by the government including the CGM device.

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

26 Jan 2014 15:11 #193 by Norm
Really? How do you know that?

26 Jan 2014 17:19 #194 by BuyersAgent
Is your question directed to me, Norm? If so, here are the remnants of the thread, at this point consisting only of the initial post along with the Moderators' announcement:

http://www.pinecam.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&t=182423

It was unfortunate to see this happen from my perspective, since the monitor saves hospital visits and potentially lives, and doesn't cost much $$. The thread previously contained my own and others' comments to the same effect, along with the brief remarks of the poster who stated it's inappropriate for the government to pay for healthcare and suggested haircuts might be next. The thread itself was allowed to remain but all of the responses were removed.

If your question was for somebody else, please excuse me for butting in. :biggrin:

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

26 Jan 2014 22:00 #195 by FOS

Cathy_Lee wrote: Symptoms of a superiority complex:

A superiority complex is a psychological disorder in which the affected individual experiences an exaggerated feeling of self-importance. He or she feels superior to other people and displays a general disregard for the thoughts of others. Individuals with a superiority complex often exhibit a sense of grandiosity. They typically maintain a feeling that they are better or more important than other people, and often fail to take the opinions or desires of others seriously. This disorder may also be referred to as narcissism or megalomania.

Traits of someone with a superiority complex include haughtiness, a lack of empathy, and a tendency to brag. Individuals with a narcissistic personality often have a difficult time maintaining close relationships. They exhibit an intense reaction to anything that is perceived as an insult. Someone with a superiority complex flatters those who give him or her admiral acknowledgment, but despise anyone who does not display admiration. The individual often claims to be an expert in a number of areas and pretends to be more than he or she is.

Bingo!

:wave: :rofllol

26 Jan 2014 22:19 #196 by FOS
It is one thing to state that you disagree with SC and how she is handling this.

It is quite another to call for a boycott and slander her good name the way you do while you hide behind all your nics.
It is cowardly and wrong.

27 Jan 2014 07:19 - 27 Jan 2014 14:35 #197 by Venturer
Sorry frogger you lose. I am not the one calling for a boycott, others are taking care of that themselves. It was an honest attempt at discussion and hoping it would stop the boycotts. But with friends like you Self Destructo's, SC for those not keeping up, MMT's business moves right into the toilet.

So no work today or tonight frogger? That new job you claim not working out so good? I thought you were too busy to have any time to respond.

frogger wrote: It is one thing to state that you disagree with SC and how she is handling this.

It is quite another to call for a boycott and slander her good name the way you do while you hide behind all your nics.
It is cowardly and wrong.

27 Jan 2014 07:41 #198 by Nobody that matters

GreatGran wrote: Self Destructo's

Who's that one supposed to be? I'm afraid I got lost - I don't think you're very good at coming up with witty name puns.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

27 Jan 2014 08:10 #199 by Venturer

27 Jan 2014 08:26 #200 by Blondie

GreatGran wrote: So no work today frogger? That new job you claim not working out so good? I thought you were too busy to have any time to respond.

Frogger posted at 10:19 pm on a Sunday, I doubt her business is open at that hour. Who's knittng do you want to jump into next? MYOB

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds