Update regarding the CommunityBound/My Mountain Town Dispute

28 Jan 2014 10:43 #211 by Blazer Bob
:faint: :rofllol

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTctcX9CD-9d6y5Dz9IxVANR2K2KHd9dFUfxoG5tbe2o0JmNa6T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2014 12:31 #212 by ScienceChic

not interested wrote: GreatGran, would you kindly tell us where your place of business is (or your spouses) so we can bad mouth you to everyone up here?

Thanks.

Though I understand the reaction, my intent with this business is for it to be a place where we can constructively air our problems in order to find solutions that benefit us all, to bring this community together, individual, business, and nonprofit alike, share information, and support one another. No matter our differences, this site will not become a place to tear each other apart in petty fashion, and a person's business definitely should never be threatened for it. I've left the implied threats to mine because I do not wish to be accused of hiding anything just to protect myself; I know the truth as to the support I have in this community and I am always open to suggestions, advice, and criticism as I am not, and will never claim to be, perfect. Making mistakes and learning from them is how we grow and better ourselves.

I will state again that to claim to avoid businesses just because they choose to advertise here in order to grow their own business is cowardly misdirected. You have an issue with how I run my business, fine, take it out on me not anyone else. I have never, and will never, endorse boycotting a community business just because they advertise with a competitor, we all struggle enough as it is and my mission is to help the entire community.

GreatGran is welcome to her opinion, as is anyone, and everyone is welcome to discuss this topic here as they wish as this is a community forum, and no one should feel persecuted for sharing their thoughts. The title of this thread is as simply stated: an update on the dispute. No bashing is implied in that title whatsoever and it was posted, and remains, to inform everyone of what's going on and to allow discussion. I have no problem with discussion of it, or I wouldn't have put it up in the first place.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Jan 2014 12:38 #213 by Norm

28 Jan 2014 13:21 #214 by deltamrey
SC...very professional. There are folks everywhere that have petty little lives with no power that think they can influence the good people in the area.....most are pathetic. IGNORE.
These people actually advertise for you and drive more credible business to your site.......stay above the rabble.
:woo hoo:

28 Jan 2014 13:29 #215 by ScienceChic
Thank you deltamrey and Norm, your thoughts are most appreciated. Please let me be clear, I do not in any way lump not interested in that category and didn't intend my post to be a slam on them in any manner. It's only the message that I wished to respond to, in general for everyone, not them as a member.

On the contrary, I am glad to see that after lurking for so long s/he felt compelled to post and am glad they did. Welcome aboard, not interested, I do hope we hear more from you in the future!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Jan 2014 13:42 #216 by homeagain

GreatGran wrote: HA, If I understand the papers I read it will only be another month or so when the contract ends. So it will end then as far as website goes? But not the actual litigation.

Another question I have, any criminal charges pending against CG for her changing things rather than getting a lawyer for a cease and desist? She isn't innocent here either.

Another question why didn't either of them go in and get a cease and desist or gag order so that there wasn't any discussion? All it did was embarrass and hurt both businesses with all their dirty laundry.

And I don't buy it. A really good attorney would have told each to shut up and not respond to anyone or talk to the Flume, etc. Responding only hurt both and gave each more ammo to shoot them down in court. A judge will not like the crap that has gone on.

homeagain wrote:
Hi Sweetie, NOPE it wasn't you I was referring to.....( :heart: ).....just would like to see this
sad situation RESOLVED as expeditiously as possible and THAT looks like it will not happen,months
of mindless mud slinging is going to be REAL hard to swallow....JMO

Ridgeway or GreatGran (? why the name change or perhaps I am in error).....I will state
the obvious AGAIN......mistakes were made,HARD lessons are being brought to bear,THAT is
how we, as a species,evolve or mature.....we ALL have made mistakes,some minor,some major.

IF you LEARN from your mistakes and move forward with a BETTER understanding, you (collectively) progress in your life....HOWEVER, some opt NOT to correct mistakes and thereby
continue to impede their progress.....it is disheartening to read ColoradoKathy's post about
the DELETED/HEAVILY EDITED thread on Pinecam....the M.O. STILL remains, it is as if PC
believes they are the ONLY game in town and thereby can treat their clients with DISRESPECT.

In contrast, THIS site appears to respect the clientele (posters) and altho SOME mistakes
were made, it appears that they are attempting to address the mistakes in an honest and
forthright manner.....(unlike another M.O.).....JMO

28 Jan 2014 16:47 #217 by deltamrey
Pinecam......what is that.....thought they folded........

28 Jan 2014 19:34 #218 by Venturer
In case you missed it I never said I would boycott any businesses. The whole point of responding was to prove to others, like the knitting circle that they could sign on in the campfire and could share a different point of view and be received warmly. I was wrong, wrong, wrong. You will be abused, punished and hated for having an opinion other than I love SC.

So much for encouraging the others to comment instead of working the other way around.

And so much for getting new posters, something businesses who advertise here would like to see.

This site deserves to fail. Fail on.

Came back to add I am retired but still invest as limited secured partners in qualified young people, usually around age 30. A much better return than the stock market. My favorite question in the interview is to ask them what they did after school in middle and senior high. There are other questions that are asked but I find this one most revealing and a good indicator as to the success of their business/franchise. This website is so far below expectations that it would be at the bottom of a crap heap.

28 Jan 2014 20:02 #219 by Blazer Bob

GreatGran wrote:

Came back to add I am retired but still invest as limited secured partners in qualified young people, usually around age 30. A much better return than the stock market. My favorite question in the interview is to ask them what they did after school in middle and senior high. There are other questions that are asked but I find this one most revealing and a good indicator as to the success of their business/franchise. .

Now you have my attention. What sort of rate of return to you shoot for? Do you take an equity interest? How do you find them? Something like this?

http://www.funded.com/?utm_source=Yahoo ... competitor

Or do you have your own network?

28 Jan 2014 22:48 #220 by Venturer
BB We have our own network based primarily on people we have worked with in our previous/current franchises. As you may know the major ones are quite expensive and often times requires a limited partnership who may either be involved in the day to day, sometimes when the risk is higher because they don't have a long track record or alternatively only providing the financing. You go in as a secured creditor so that if it should go into bankruptcy you have a better chance of getting a return. Returns vary depending on the length, years of the contract and the amount invested. One of my great grandson's is investing in his first franchise and is younger but knows something about franchises and hard work. Nonetheless he will be assisted and reviewed closely the first 3 years as that is when most businesses fail and another great grand has moved into the investment side with his first $20k to invest.

In any event the return is much higher than loans through banks and playing the stock market. Thorough vetting greatly improves chances of survival in this challenging economy. We also prefer about age 30 or better as they have a history.

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds