× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

16 Oct 2011 10:24 - 16 Oct 2011 10:25 #261 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

Joe wrote: Ties question-

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: OK- Here are the OFFICIAL RULES:
Lines are the opening lines- The Opening lines never change-You can get them here 24/7:

http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

You can make your picks right up until game time (using the opening lines) of any games - Of course you cannot pick a game after it kicks off. Once picks are made you cannot change them for any reason. If you have not made your 3rd pick at Kickoff of Monday nights game this week you are disqualified. Missed picks/weeks for any reason count as loses and the player WITH THE MOST WINS (ties will be used only as tie breakers)...WINS

$1000 cash.
1 free drink with the Vice Lord and "Lil Precious" when I deliver prize winnings
1 $50 coupon from Red Lobster
3 Courtside seats to a DU basketball game

Just saving the rules and prizes.

These were the original rules from p. 5 of the old VL thread. It looks like Most Wins was the rule.
Using 1/2 point for ties seems reasonable also, jmc made a good argument for it and the NFL rules use that method to score the standings. http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.

NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

So far I think Viking, TPP, and Joe voted for most wins, and jmc, pacamom for 1/2 point Ties.
Somehow this needs to be decided and someone will be unhappy. :) (Except me, I just don't care)

Maybe we should just stick with the original rule? Or use majority rules if everyone votes to change it?
This is my last post on this question, I tried my best to get a resolution. Cheers!

This kind of crap week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week
was why I quit...This is what Viking does..Complain and try to change the rules to benifit him

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Oct 2011 10:25 #262 by ScienceChic
Week 6

Detroit
Baltimore
NY Giants

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Oct 2011 11:19 #263 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: Week 6

Detroit
Baltimore
NY Giants

Got em

16 Oct 2011 11:36 #264 by The Viking
This is what I have so far am I missing CG

TPP

Green Bay
Detroit
New Orleans

Joe's Picks

Detroit
Baltimore
New England

Renegadecj

Detroit
New Orleans
Chicago

JMC

Dallas
Balt.
Giants

Hoot Owl
greenbay
san francisco
tampa

pacamom

Carolina
Dallas
Chicago

The Viking

New Orleans
Detroit
Washington

Science chic

Detroit
Baltimore
NY Giants

16 Oct 2011 11:41 #265 by The Viking
Someone tell CG to make picks in the late games. Or did I just not see her picks?

16 Oct 2011 13:19 #266 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic 285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.
I have been really sick the last couple days. Give me a few and I will pick the late games. Sorry.

16 Oct 2011 13:21 #267 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: I have been really sick the last couple days. Give me a few and I will pick the late games. Sorry.

No need to appologize. Just didn't want you to miss out and I hope you get better quick.

16 Oct 2011 13:36 #268 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

The Viking wrote: Someone tell CG to make picks in the late games. Or did I just not see her picks?

She's probably droping out due to lack of interest..Another one bites the dust!

16 Oct 2011 13:44 #269 by archer

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote: Someone tell CG to make picks in the late games. Or did I just not see her picks?

She's probably droping out due to lack of interest..Another one bites the dust!

That was crappy VL, you just don't know when to quit

16 Oct 2011 13:46 #270 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic 285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.
Chicago -2.5 Minn... Cutler has to do better at home.
New England -7 Dalllas At home against Dallas? Come on...
Cleveland +7 Raiders I just know I will regret this one.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds