× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

14 Oct 2011 07:45 #231 by LOL
OK Pacamom, I missed that, you can have it. :)

I noticed the current betting spread on the Houston @Baltimore game went from -6.5 to 8 or 9 on the betting sites. Most of the other games have changed very little.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2011 07:50 #232 by The Viking

pacamom wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

pacamom wrote: You three are a pain in the ass you know.

Since this is all about me and my scientifically chosen picks, and I got a late start, I think we should get to drop our worst result. So I could drop my 0-3 from the first week. It would even it out a bit. At least for me that is.
Or if you don't want to do that, then I claim Jmc's picks and first place spot. He quit, and I didn't see anything in the rules, so I can do that.

You can always PM me for help Paca...I did quite well this weekend. I sell my picks but you'll get the home town discount

Sorry Joe. I already claimed that spot. :biggrin:

I'll pick later. Gotta go talk to the animals first.

I vote 1/2 point for ties.

OK, just to clarify how this would work I am going to throw out an example. Here are 2 records that would give someone with less wins the victory of this contest. Is that what people want? We need to agree on this.

1) 50-20-7 (50 wins plus 7 ties at 1/2 point each = 53 1/2 points)
2) 53-27 (53 points or wins)

So even though one person has picked 3 more wins this year, they do not win the season contest? So is 50 wins and 7 ties better than 53 wins?

Or do we go strictly by the number of wins?

14 Oct 2011 07:51 #233 by RenegadeCJ
Detroit
New Orleans
Chicago

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

14 Oct 2011 07:57 #234 by The Viking

Joe wrote: OK Pacamom, I missed that, you can have it. :)

I noticed the current betting spread on the Houston @Baltimore game went from -6.5 to 8 or 9 on the betting sites. Most of the other games
have changed very little.

No one gets anyone elses record. But does anyone want to try the pick 5 on this thread along with the pick 3? So those who have already picked your 3, just add 2 more below them. Yo uahve to stick with your first 3 for this contest though. The first 3 listed are for the pick threee.

Just stick with your pick 3 and then below it add the other 2 that you want for the pick 5. It will be very hard to pick 5 and that would make for a wild contest. But you have to stay in the pick 3. We don't want people quitting this one just because they are behind and killing this contest. There will just be two contests on the same thread. It will be easier to keep track of. I can do that. I will just record the normal records for the week then post the other records with the 5 games. This could be fun. Still 15 weeks left with the playoffs.

Example:

Thoughts?

14 Oct 2011 10:18 #235 by TPP
IMO, Stick with 3, want to change do it next year.

14 Oct 2011 11:25 #236 by LOL
ditto 3 picks is plenty for me this year.

I vote for most wins, ignore ties... Winning is all that matters :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Oct 2011 12:12 #237 by JMC

Joe wrote: ditto 3 picks is plenty for me this year.

Thats because you don't gamble, winning is $ period. nothing else matters. In Vikings example the fewer win scenario would take home more cash. That's what matters.
I am out but since Viking destroyed the prize, and the thread is now irrelevant , I'll tell you what I would have picked if it mattered.
Dallas
Balt.
Giants

14 Oct 2011 13:39 #238 by Hoot Owl
greenbay
san francisco
tampa

14 Oct 2011 14:03 #239 by The Viking

jmc wrote:

Joe wrote: ditto 3 picks is plenty for me this year.

Thats because you don't gamble, winning is $ period. nothing else matters. In Vikings example the fewer win scenario would take home more cash. That's what matters.
I am out but since Viking destroyed the prize, and the thread is now irrelevant , I'll tell you what I would have picked if it mattered.
Dallas
Balt.
Giants

Got them and there was no real prize. 8 of us know that.

14 Oct 2011 14:03 #240 by The Viking

Hoot Owl wrote: greenbay
san francisco
tampa

Saved

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds