× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

13 Oct 2011 06:02 #221 by LOL

The Viking wrote:

Joe wrote: Week 6 games - lots of big point spreads. Going to make it interesting.

I hate big point spreads. Too many variables. I think I have only picked one or two all season over 7 points.

http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

I stay away from those too, anything over 6 unless its NE or GB

Minn @ Chicago -3 looks interesting, wonder why only 3? I thought the Bears were supposed to be good.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Oct 2011 06:54 #222 by RenegadeCJ
Jacksonville +13 @ Pittsburgh
St. Louis + 15.5@Green Bay
Buffalo +3 @ NY Giants
Carolina +5.5 @ Atlanta
San Francisco +4.5@ Detroit
Philly pickum @ Washington
Indy +7 @ Cincinnati
Houston +6.5@ Baltimore
Cleveland +7 @ Oakland
Dallas +7 @ New England
New Orleans -4.5 @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota +3 @ Chicago
Miami +9 @ NY Jets

Wow....home field team has the advantage on all but one game!
http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

13 Oct 2011 07:06 #223 by LOL

RenegadeCJ wrote: Wow....home field team has the advantage on all but one game!

According to my unverified data, the home team has won/covered only 34/77 games so far with the opening spread we are using. That is only 44%

I was surprised and it says don't put too much weight on the perceived home team advantage. Its already factored in to the spread, favored maybe too much?

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

13 Oct 2011 08:24 #224 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic 285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

Joe wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Joe wrote: Minn @ Chicago -3 looks interesting, wonder why only 3? I thought the Bears were supposed to be good.

They are both chokers. Anything can happen.

13 Oct 2011 10:37 #225 by LOL
I guess you are right CG, both look pretty even in the stats. Somehow I got the impression Minnesota was at the bottom. I really don't know who to pick this week, lots of strong teams playing at home with big spreads. I guess I will wait for jmc's magic picks! :) LOL

13 Oct 2011 22:41 #226 by pacamom
Jmc quit. He doesn't get to come back. Just like we can't change our picks, once you quit, you're done.

14 Oct 2011 00:00 #227 by The Viking

pacamom wrote: Jmc quit. He doesn't get to come back. Just like we can't change our picks, once you quit, you're done.

Ouch! Harsh! We never made that rule though. He can still show up and make his picks. And this is a tough week. We may have a few 0-3's.

14 Oct 2011 06:15 #228 by LOL

pacamom wrote: Jmc quit. He doesn't get to come back. Just like we can't change our picks, once you quit, you're done.

Can I have his score? :) I got first dibs.

The rest of you have to vote on the Tie games issue- Hoot, Paca, SC, CG, Renegade??? 1/2 point or most wins?????

14 Oct 2011 07:05 #229 by LOL
Joe's Picks

Detroit
Baltimore
New England

14 Oct 2011 07:30 #230 by pacamom

Vice Lord wrote:

pacamom wrote: You three are a pain in the ass you know.

Since this is all about me and my scientifically chosen picks, and I got a late start, I think we should get to drop our worst result. So I could drop my 0-3 from the first week. It would even it out a bit. At least for me that is.
Or if you don't want to do that, then I claim Jmc's picks and first place spot. He quit, and I didn't see anything in the rules, so I can do that.

You can always PM me for help Paca...I did quite well this weekend. I sell my picks but you'll get the home town discount

Sorry Joe. I already claimed that spot. :biggrin:

I'll pick later. Gotta go talk to the animals first.

I vote 1/2 point for ties.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds