× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

14 Oct 2011 18:50 #251 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote: Why do Liberals always 'want' something? When did people stop having fun in life unless they 'get something' out of it?

Dude, everybody "wants" something, not just liberals. :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2011 19:19 - 18 Jun 2017 20:53 #252 by LOL

Vice Lord wrote:
Sounds like you're sick of Vikings BS too..Should I start a new contest complete with prizes and everything? Viking excluded

Buzz off McFly, you quit and your thread is here: mymountaintown.com/forum/15-the-sports-f...ithout-the-vice-lord

Why don't you go back over there and play with yourself. :)

Viking is running this just fine.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Oct 2011 19:22 #253 by The Viking

Joe wrote: I joined this contest this year because it looked like fun last year. Thought it would be fun to compete with friends and talk football. I don't care about sports gambling for money or prizes. There are places for that. Too bad it is so complicated, it really does not need to be. Whatever the rules are they are fine with me. Its just not all that important. Actually, its incredibly trivial.

Cheers! Good luck.

Actually it's not complicated at all. We started with a set of rules and have stuck with them throughout. All of us except one seems to be having fun with it. And there are only two people complaining and one is just an annoying knat that is not even in the contest anymore.

This is a great contest and will be a great year. As long as everyone agrees to just ignore VL on here, we can have a nice clean thread. He is not worth responding to. The only people who continually try to disrupt other people's lives are those who have sad lives themselves.

So good luck everyone this week!

14 Oct 2011 19:25 - 18 Jun 2017 20:54 #254 by The Viking

Joe wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:
Sounds like you're sick of Vikings BS too..Should I start a new contest complete with prizes and everything? Viking excluded

Buzz off McFly, you quit and your thread is here: mymountaintown.com/forum/15-the-sports-f...ithout-the-vice-lord

Why don't you go back over there and play with yourself. :)

Viking is running this just fine.

Thanks but this thread is not really run by me. We ALL have been pitching in. I am just helping with the records. Most everone has pitched in and helped make this fun.

And I guess VL really hasn't read the thread. There is no BS here and not one person has complained other than JMC and I think we have all worked that out. VL just lives on another planet disconnected from reality.

Now back to the picks. Let's ignore VL and not let his poison another thread like everyone knows he tries to do because he has no life of his own.

14 Oct 2011 20:37 #255 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

The Viking wrote:
This is a great contest and will be a great year.

Keep tellin yourself that and maybe one day you'll believe it. This contest is an unmitagated disiaster

14 Oct 2011 21:50 #256 by pacamom
This contest and thread is a blast. Did you get my picks above?

I'm not complaining. Just whining. Cuz I'm not winning and you won't let me take the easy way out. :wink:

15 Oct 2011 03:08 #257 by Rockdoc

pacamom wrote: This contest and thread is a blast. Did you get my picks above?

I'm not complaining. Just whining. Cuz I'm not winning and you won't let me take the easy way out. :wink:

:lol: that is just the competitive nature of your coming out. Loosing even at tidily winks is not for you is it, Pacamom? I too enjoy the thread as a whole. Vl is on foe, so don't see his crap unless one of you quotes it. Heck I might even put in my picks just for the fun of it, not even interested in partaking in the contest. Unlike another, I'm willing to put my picks out there before the games are over. I like Buffalo and expect another Manning self destruct, NE, Don't see Dallas staying with NE at home. Carolina, consistent play. Detroit, No sense stopping now while they are on a roll. I also like the Redskins. Shanny keeps them disciplined and Eagles have yet to soar with any consistency. Hate to say it but Oakland has stepped away form a fearful shadow and likely will thrive now. And finally I think the Ravens defense will have enough to say to take this game.

@ Viking, he lives in a dimension all his own, cyberspace. Reminds me of an Aggie joke that seems especially appropriate. What do you call a mosquito that flies onto an Aggie's _____ or substitute your favorite applicable name ... ear? Space invader.

16 Oct 2011 09:28 #258 by LOL

RenegadeCJ wrote: Jacksonville +13 @ Pittsburgh
St. Louis + 15.5@Green Bay
Buffalo +3 @ NY Giants
Carolina +5.5 @ Atlanta
San Francisco +4.5@ Detroit
Philly pickum @ Washington
Indy +7 @ Cincinnati
Houston +6.5@ Baltimore
Cleveland +7 @ Oakland
Dallas +7 @ New England
New Orleans -4.5 @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota +3 @ Chicago
Miami +9 @ NY Jets

Wow....home field team has the advantage on all but one game!
http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

Get your picks in everyone! Good luck.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Oct 2011 09:48 - 16 Oct 2011 09:50 #259 by LOL
Ties question-

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: OK- Here are the OFFICIAL RULES:
Lines are the opening lines- The Opening lines never change-You can get them here 24/7:

http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

You can make your picks right up until game time (using the opening lines) of any games - Of course you cannot pick a game after it kicks off. Once picks are made you cannot change them for any reason. If you have not made your 3rd pick at Kickoff of Monday nights game this week you are disqualified. Missed picks/weeks for any reason count as loses and the player WITH THE MOST WINS (ties will be used only as tie breakers)...WINS

$1000 cash.
1 free drink with the Vice Lord and "Lil Precious" when I deliver prize winnings
1 $50 coupon from Red Lobster
3 Courtside seats to a DU basketball game

Just saving the rules and prizes.

These were the original rules from p. 5 of the old VL thread. It looks like Most Wins was the rule.
Using 1/2 point for ties seems reasonable also, jmc made a good argument for it and the NFL rules use that method to score the standings. http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.

NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

So far I think Viking, TPP, and Joe voted for most wins, and jmc, pacamom for 1/2 point Ties.
Somehow this needs to be decided and someone will be unhappy. :) (Except me, I just don't care)

Maybe we should just stick with the original rule? Or use majority rules if everyone votes to change it?
This is my last post on this question, I tried my best to get a resolution. Cheers!

16 Oct 2011 09:50 #260 by The Viking
New Orleans
Detroit
Washington

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds