× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

19 Oct 2011 22:48 #371 by The Viking

pacamom wrote: Viking, you offered up another prize. But only for jmc? What if someone else wins? I think you should offer a jersey to whoever wins. Your choice as to what goes on it.

And this thread is still fun. But then, not too much bothers me. (Except not winning.) :wink:

Did I miss the spread post for this week?

No still waiting for Renegade to post them. He is better at that than me. And I was kidding with the Jersey as a jab at him. I am sure he will make a comment on this now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Oct 2011 23:33 #372 by archer
The rest of us on this site aren't allowed to have an opinion, Hoot Owl said so. This is a private thread.

...................but it sure has been entertaining

19 Oct 2011 23:35 #373 by Rockdoc

Hoot Owl wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:
Given the dialogue I take it that people are actually serious with what they are saying???? I look at it as all one big joke. In the overall scheme of life minor rule issues, position ranking, whether you okay fir a prize or not, etc. are are just nonsense. Do you really think that you will suffer how people perceive you on the basis of whether or not you win this contest? What I see is that you do not need Vl on the thread to have stupid posts. Just a thought. It might be better to be able to laugh at yourself for your failures or your good fortune in guessing right. Have fun.

A few of us are having fun Rockdoc, I better be, considering my ranking. You are not playing, so why are you throwing stones? Sure some people may be serious, some not. But we place our guesses every week, for those that dont, could you just go away, please? Or add to the fun, it is the internet for pete's sake.

Actually, it's kind of hard to get a feel for teams when you do not get to see them play. I've yet to see one game this year (don't get them where I am). I did make 7 predictions last week and got 5 wrong rofllol . Likely I will do the same this week.

On another note, I see JMC is actually having fun role playing and I simply missed it. Hard to get a feel for what is actually meant without vocal intonation feedback. And Pacamom simply cracks me up. Carry on.

19 Oct 2011 23:45 #374 by Rockdoc

CinnamonGirl wrote: So, is Tebow our savior or are we going to get a big pick next year?

Not sure he is a savior, but I do think he will develop into a very good QB given a chance to develop under competition. Unlike previous appearances where there was no specific game plan for or against him, it will be different this week. Where I see him making the difference is with his incredible dedication to proving critics wrong. That is something with which I wholeheartedly identify. Just judging from my own perspective on what that does, I agree with you that he is likely going to win a few more games than anticipated. I also agree that the Broncos need to focus on upgrading the line and overall talent on the field. I do believe Luck is out of their grasp and I do not see anyone else coming out who would potentially be a clear upgrade on Tebow. Of course that is my thought now. Reality may force me to change my opinion.

As with Roger Federer, it is really nice when you have character go along with talent. We seem to be in agreement on that?

19 Oct 2011 23:49 #375 by Rockdoc

archer wrote: The rest of us on this site aren't allowed to have an opinion, Hoot Owl said so. This is a private thread.

...................but it sure has been entertaining

LOL It has been entertaining. That is why I'm here and you will note from my sign line addition that I really really respect the status quo and authority.

20 Oct 2011 05:58 #376 by TPP
Week 7 Picks
San Diego
Tampa Bay
Dallas

20 Oct 2011 07:12 #377 by RenegadeCJ
Denver +2.5 @ Miami
Chicago Pickum @ Tampa Bay
Houston +3 @ Tennessee
San Diego pickum @ NY Jets
Seattle +3 @ Cleveland
Washington +3 @ Carolina
Atlanta +4.5 @ Detroit
KC +3.5 @ Oakland
Pittsburgh -4 @ Arizona
St Louis +12 @ Dallas
Green Bay -10.5 @ Minnesota
Indy +15.5 @ New Orleans
Baltimore -10 @ Jacksonville

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

20 Oct 2011 09:10 #378 by The Viking

TPP wrote: Week 7 Picks
San Diego
Tampa Bay
Dallas

Interesting picks. Two pickem's and the second largest spread.

20 Oct 2011 19:25 #379 by Hoot Owl
week 7

ny Jets
Cleveland
New Orleans

20 Oct 2011 19:34 #380 by The Viking

Hoot Owl wrote: week 7

ny Jets
Cleveland
New Orleans

Got em

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds