× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

2013 MyMountainTown Fantasy Football League

11 Aug 2013 16:40 #11 by HappyCamper
We have one other person that is interested but would need to get him all setup (he's an in towner) as he has never used these websites so please let us know ASAP if you are going to need another.

I would rather leave spaces for people that use the site but also know if we have more teams it is a lot more fun.

Also do we have a projected date for the draft?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2013 07:16 #12 by RenegadeCJ
Ok, Do me this favor. Update this list with all who are participating...let me know if you played last year, and what nic you used on the fantasy site. As soon as we get at least 8, we will schedule the draft.

HappyCamper (played last year)
BeerHunter (played last year)
Team Smith (played last year)
Team Renegade (played last year)
Freebird (new)
The Chicks (Played last year)

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

12 Aug 2013 11:32 #13 by ScienceChic
I've sent Viking a message asking if he's interested in participating again, and my friends Nate and Cliff. freebird and pineinthegrass are in!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Aug 2013 12:41 #14 by ComputerBreath

RenegadeCJ wrote: Ok, Do me this favor. Update this list with all who are participating...let me know if you played last year, and what nic you used on the fantasy site. As soon as we get at least 8, we will schedule the draft.

Freebird (new)

ComputerBreath (played last year)

12 Aug 2013 20:56 #15 by pineinthegrass

Science Chic wrote: I've sent Viking a message asking if he's interested in participating again, and my friends Nate and Cliff. freebird and pineinthegrass are in!

Yeah, don't forget me! I've posted here and replied to the email. I didn't see how to post on the wall, but maybe I forgot to login?

Anyway, last year I let the computer do the drafting for me. I'd appreciate knowing how that works. Is it all done online? Can you see the computer ratings list in advance? Can you have the computer pick some, and can you butt in and pick your own if you don't like the computer choice? I assume the draft order is random? Do we know in advance? Does it go in reverse order the 2nd round? Well, maybe that's why I've always let the computer do it... lol

Also, is there a way to change the name of my team? I see it's still there with last year's name.

12 Aug 2013 21:39 #16 by ScienceChic
Yes, it's done online and you can see the entire player list that's available and choose from it as you please (ESPN ranks them too, so you can view that order or filter for a specific position). If you get tired, you can let the autodraft take over even if you were choosing manually, or you can do it manually all the way through.

The draft order is selected by random drawing before we start so we have the order set up - that way you know when it's your turn, and then it's a snake draft #1-8 then #8-1 before going back to #1-8 again (so yes, reverse order for round 2) until all team members are chosen (I think it's 17 total?). We can choose how long each person has to draft, usually it's around 30 sec so it doesn't take all night. There's a bar at the top that always shows the order so you know when your turn is coming up and you can prepare.

And yes, there is a way to change your team name. It's been a while since I've done that, but if you're signed in, poke around in Team settings.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Aug 2013 05:34 #17 by RenegadeCJ
New list...SC is your hubby playing again?

Freebird (new)
ComputerBreath (played last year)

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

13 Aug 2013 06:57 #18 by BaconLover
I can play if you need to fill a spot!

Team Name: SC-Loves-The-Cowboys

:)

13 Aug 2013 10:42 #19 by ScienceChic
THATS IT! You're off my Christmas card list EM. :splat:

My friend Cliff is in again (I think he had the duplicate Chicks team name because I drafted for him last time, we'll have to get him a new one!).

Haven't heard from Viking or my friend Nate yet, but that's 8 with Cliff. Room for more still!

13 Aug 2013 10:45 #20 by BaconLover

Science Chic wrote: THATS IT! You're off my Christmas card list EM. :splat:

My friend Cliff is in again (I think he had the duplicate Chicks team name because I drafted for him last time, we'll have to get him a new one!).

Haven't heard from Viking or my friend Nate yet, but that's 8 with Cliff. Room for more still!

I'm lucky if you remember my birthday let alone get a Christmas card KissyFace:

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds