× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

2013 MyMountainTown Fantasy Football League

15 Dec 2013 18:25 #91 by ScienceChic
Playoff Week 2

Winner's Bracket:
#6 Angry freeBirds 87 vs. #2 The Chicks 94
(and I'm all done, she has Ray Rice tomorrow night - yikes!)

#8 Beer Me 93 vs. #5 Beer Hunter 117
(Beer Me still has Pitta, Beer Hunter is done)

Winner's Consolation Bracket:
#3 Pine Nuts 141 vs. #1 Happy Camper 79
(Pine Nuts has Antonio Brown, Happy Camper has Reggie Bush yet to play)

#7 Team ComputerBreath 45 vs. #4 Team Viking 71
(CB has Stafford and Calvin Johnson left, Viking is done)

Consolation Ladder:
#12 Team Smith 51 vs. #10 Team Conifer Kitchen Cabinets 89
(Smith has Flacco, CKC has Steelers D and Baltimore's Kicker)

#11 Team Renegade 69 vs. #9 Too Little Too Late 63
(Renegade is done, TLTL has AJ Green yet)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2013 08:55 #92 by ScienceChic
Final Results:

Winner's Bracket:
#6 Angry freeBirds 92 vs. #2 The Chicks 94
#8 Beer Me 95 vs. #5 Beer Hunter 117

Winner's Consolation Bracket:
#3 Pine Nuts 159 vs. #1 Happy Camper 94
#7 Team ComputerBreath 61 vs. #4 Team Viking 71

Consolation Ladder:
#12 Team Smith 60 vs. #10 Team Conifer Kitchen Cabinets 121
#11 Team Renegade 69 vs. #9 Too Little Too Late 72

It was a great effort by Angry freebirds' team, I thought for sure Ray Rice would get her to a win but he fell short. Thanks for a great game freebird!

Viking managed to hold off a late charge by ComputerBreath, and Happy Campers Team made a valiant effort, but just couldn't keep up with Pine Nuts, who would've kicked us all in the butts had we not already been in playoff brackets.

It's me and Beer Hunter for the top dog spot and bragging rights (and the coveted light bulb, plus ho-hum Kindle Fire!). :biggrin: You're going down Dude! :woo hoo:

Thanks you everyone for all the fun!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Dec 2013 18:30 #93 by quadman
SC,

The only thing going down will be my celebratory beer after Drew Brees
(notice how you can spell Beer(s) with Brees)
and BeerHunter get me the most awesome light bulb ever
(oh, and a Kindle Fire, that was an HDX 8.9 wasn't it? :) ).

Good luck.

17 Dec 2013 19:18 #94 by pineinthegrass

quadman wrote: SC,

The only thing going down will be my celebratory beer after Drew Brees
(notice how you can spell Beer(s) with Brees)
and BeerHunter get me the most awesome light bulb ever
(oh, and a Kindle Fire, that was an HDX 8.9 wasn't it? :) ).

Good luck.

I think a Kindle fire what happens when your Kindle spontaneously catches on fire.

But best of luck to Beer Hunter and The Chicks in the finals! lol

22 Dec 2013 22:06 #95 by ScienceChic
quadman, you better hope Tony Gonzales has a great game tomorrow! You need 13 to tie, 14 to win! tongue:

23 Dec 2013 22:00 #96 by quadman
Well SC,

I'm staring at my normal 100 watt light bulb dreaming of 2 more
points from Gonzales. Guess it will have to wait until next year.

Great season and thanks for starting this up.

BH

24 Dec 2013 06:51 #97 by RenegadeCJ
As the Commish of the league, I'd like to congratulate The Chicks as the Superbowl champion of the 2013 MMT Fantasy football league! Way to go!!! It was a fun season, and just like football, any given sunday. We have now played for 4 yrs, and have had 4 different winners!!

Here's to next year!! :fwave:

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

24 Dec 2013 07:32 #98 by HappyCamper
It was fun as always thanks SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 Dec 2013 12:24 #99 by ScienceChic
Thank you to everyone for participating this year! It was competitive and fun, and I'm sad it's done already.

To next season!
File Attachment:

25 Dec 2013 12:48 #100 by ComputerBreath

ScienceChic wrote: Thank you to everyone for participating this year! It was competitive and fun, and I'm sad it's done already.

To next season!

:like: Congrats Chics. :)

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds