× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

2013 MyMountainTown Fantasy Football League

30 Aug 2013 19:06 #41 by ScienceChic

freebird wrote: Oh no, my first opponent in this new interest is none other than my husband. Now I've got to tone down my competitive nature.

Good luck everyone. I'm looking forward to a fun season of play! :pop

Oh no you don't! When playing hubbies is when you ramp up the competitiveness! lol We usually have a side bet going as well, like HappyCamper, and especially enjoy the trash talking and cheering that week.

The only thing better is when you are playing in a league with an ex-boyfriend (long story) and really get satisfaction out of beating him every year. :biggrin:

I guess I should go check out who I got and who I'm playing... :Whistle

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2013 19:12 #42 by HappyCamper
Ok Sharon, which team is you and who is the other? If you are Chicks you play hubby so let the smack talk begin!!!!

You do know I can only get him to post when he feels he must defend himself otherwise he just reads the forums and laughs.

30 Aug 2013 19:14 #43 by HappyCamper
I play Renegade I should just throw the towel in now!

BUT...There is a light bulb on the line so Go Team Go!!!!!!!!!!!

30 Aug 2013 19:29 #44 by ScienceChic
I'm The Chicks. Team Trilk is probably still my friend Cliff who hasn't updated his team name since last year. I think he's trying to steal some of my mojo. LOL

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Aug 2013 21:17 #45 by freebird
I can get a little carried away when in a competition. But man, my not-so-good defense is playing his quarterback. No worries, I don't know how to back off or not try my best...just hard to hide the grin if I should beat him in my first week ever of playing fantasy football.

Go Angry freeBirds!!!!

30 Aug 2013 23:30 #46 by pineinthegrass

freebird wrote: I can get a little carried away when in a competition. But man, my not-so-good defense is playing his quarterback. No worries, I don't know how to back off or not try my best...just hard to hide the grin if I should beat him in my first week ever of playing fantasy football.

Go Angry freeBirds!!!!

No problem if you have a grin should you win. After all I'm the defending champ! :givemebeer:

But I think you got the better team so far. Hey, I helped the beginner! Too much I think... :smackshead:

So if you win, I'll treat! lol

31 Aug 2013 11:09 #47 by ScienceChic
:like: Nice pine!

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I got Tony Romo?????? What kind of messed up s*** is this????

Well, at least I'm up against Beer Hunter, should be an easy win... :biggrin:

31 Aug 2013 11:14 #48 by JMC

Science Chic wrote: :like: Nice pine!

Romo will be pretty good, the Cowboys play the AFC west this year.

31 Aug 2013 11:16 #49 by ScienceChic
Romo's the interception king, and I feel dirty and gross having a Cowboys player in my lineup. lol

I'll keep him for now, only cuz the division sucks and he might be decent until they get to the end of the season when he chokes in important games. How's his O-Line? Last I heard he was in for a fun ride this season. :biggrin:

31 Aug 2013 11:37 #50 by quadman

Science Chic wrote: :like: Nice pine!

Hmmm, Tony Romo and Andy Dalton vs. Drew Brees. Sounds like breeze to me! :biggrin:

Could probably beat you with just him. tongue:

Going for it this year the :idea: is mine!!!!

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds