× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

09 Aug 2017 16:44 #271 by freebird
I'm back now and thanks for reflecting me as "confirmed" as I am. I can make any of the suggested dates and good during evening hours (6 p.m. or later, maybe 5 if that is necessary).

I know how to reach team Wiegman-Dick so will contact to check on interest, but thinking they are game.

The name I used was angryfreebird or similar and I'll email Renegade my email (same as last year).

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2017 11:08 #272 by freebird
Yes, team Wiegman-Dick is interested in joining our fantasy football leagues again this year. I will ask them to to log on and send Renegade their email via PM but for now please consider them as confirmed for playing this year.

Let me know if you need anything else for them or for me. Thanks again for holding this and a big thanks to Renegade for all of the work involved in coordinating!!!

12 Aug 2017 08:45 #273 by HappyCamper
Would it be possible to send out a link to all of us so that we know all the emails are working before it becomes crunch time?

12 Aug 2017 21:58 #274 by Dak4
Replied by Dak4 on topic Fantasy Football Time of Year!
I was out of the country. Thank you to Sharon for confirming that I'm in for this season. Has a draft date been set? Thanks

14 Aug 2017 06:31 #275 by RenegadeCJ
Ok, so we are missing just 2 teams. Is there anyone else who wants to play this year? We definitely could use 2 more, so we have 2 leagues of 10.

As an early riser, I'm sympathetic to the start time for the draft. Would a decent compromise be 7pm on Sept 6th. Gives everyone time to get home, but is early enough so those of us who get up at the crack (or earlier) of dawn can get in on the bulk of the rounds.

If this is ok, I'll send out the invites to everyone tomorrow. We can hope to add 2 more players between now and then.

Here are the confirmed.
These may or may not be the actual leagues you are in, depending on sign ups.

League A
East
Team Eichelberger -Confirmed
Conifer Frobergs -Confirmed
Team Wiegman-Dick-Confirmed
God hates losers
Team Renegade -Confirmed

West
Angry freeBirds -Confirmed
Team Dak-Confirmed
Hot Chile -Confirmed
Team Smith-Confirmed
Happy Camper -Confirmed

League B
East
Team Heart & Soul Excursions- Confirmed
Team EIchelberger -Confirmed
Team Viking -Confirmed
Diamond's Stars -Confirmed
Mtn Girl -Confirmed

West
Team Christina -Confirmed
The Chicks-Confirmed
Beer Hunter -Confirmed
Team Pine Nuts -Confirmed
Mr. McGibblets

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

14 Aug 2017 10:34 #276 by HappyCamper
Can we do 7:30 on the 6th

14 Aug 2017 13:49 #277 by HeartandSoulExcursions
7 pm on the 6th looks like it will work for me,

14 Aug 2017 16:30 #278 by Dak4
Replied by Dak4 on topic Fantasy Football Time of Year!
I get up at 4 so as much fun as it was last year I will pass on the live draft. This ofcourse is assuming i have the option to select players myself when drafting remotely. If anyone here has dfrafted remotely where you pick the players you draft not the website picking them, please let me know if it's possible and how it's done. Thanks!

Renegadecj will anything be done differently this season in regards to championship game? Thank you.

14 Aug 2017 16:44 - 14 Aug 2017 16:45 #279 by ScienceChic
7 or 7:30 on Sept 6th works for me as well.

Dak4, to your question about the championship game, yes. Since we can't merge the leagues we are just going to have a champion from each league rather than manually play the top player from each like we tried last year. That way we won't have the frustrations we had of neither player being able to see the other teams' roster and adjust accordingly (and them having some of the same players negating their scores).

Since it'll be two prizes, we will be scaling back a tad this year (sorry, no can do on 2 iPads guys and gals, my income isn't as huge :) as I'd like). I hope a $125 Visa gift card (Shopping Locally is highly encouraged!) and, of course, an LED lightbulb for each winner is enticement for you all!

Looking forward to the fun starting!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Aug 2017 17:12 #280 by HappyCamper
IT IS ALL ABOUT THE LIGHT BULB!!!!

For the gift cards maybe you can let them pick from the advertisers you have here? Just a thought.

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds