× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

27 Aug 2017 19:07 #301 by HappyCamper
For those that can not make it please set things up to be auto draft it makes things go much faster.

We did a draft last night for 12 teams and it took only 45 minutes as folks did auto draft Renegade should be able to set that up for you if you do not know how.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2017 06:26 #302 by RenegadeCJ
Sorry all for the non responses. I was out on some time away where we had no cell phone coverage. Wonderful actually!!

Sorry about the draft. Yes, it is 7:30. I corrected it. It was zero dark 30 in a busy week before heading out and I reversed the ET to mountain time conversion. Should be right now.

It appears everyone is in...is anyone having issues?

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

28 Aug 2017 11:53 #303 by Dak4
Replied by Dak4 on topic Fantasy Football Time of Year!
Hello everyone. I'm still not sure how to draft remotely. Not sure where to go and how to do it. My concern is that if I continue with the plan to draft remotely that I won't be able to make my picks myself. I definitely don't want an auto draft. If someone has experience and wants to walk me through it I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, I will go to the live draft to insure I make my own picks. Was just trying to avoid life draft cause I get up at 4 but it is a fun time. TIA

29 Aug 2017 06:37 #304 by RenegadeCJ
Dak,
Drafting remotely is pretty easy. 1 hr before the draft you can login to your acct and see where you are drafting (#1-10) then when it is your turn, the screen will prompt you to pick someone. If you don't choose anyone in 90 seconds, it auto drafts the best available. If, after a bunch of rounds you need to head to bed due to early rising, just click the "auto draft" button before you logout, and the system will finish for you.

I would suggest you go in to the www.espn.com/fantasy/football/ site and click on the "mock draft" in the black box on the right side. You can join any mock draft and see how it all works so you aren't surprised the night of the draft.

Any other questions, feel free to reply here or pm me!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

29 Aug 2017 07:55 #305 by freebird
Dak,

I think another option is you can load in your own draft order before the actual draft. Then, whenever you need to sign-off it will auto-draft for you based on your order and not ESPN's (which I think might be based on ADP order). I've never done this but know it was available last year. I haven't had time to check on it this year.

I believe that was one option HappyCamper was considering if they couldn't make it home in time for the draft when 5:30 or so was being considered.

29 Aug 2017 10:14 #306 by HappyCamper
Freebird is correct just make sure you load up plenty of players in your cue as once everyone is your cue is gone (either your team gets them or others select them) then it will draft the next available based on the ESPN ranking.

29 Aug 2017 12:43 #307 by RenegadeCJ
Freebird and Happy Camper are correct. You can go thru ESPN's rankings and put them where you want as well. Try the mock draft. It helps you to get ready so you don't have any surprises on draft day.

29 Aug 2017 12:58 #308 by Dak4
Replied by Dak4 on topic Fantasy Football Time of Year!
Thanks so much guys! Thanks Renegadecj for the walk through. I did a few mock drafts during lunch. If everything is done the same way during the live draft I should be ok I think.

29 Aug 2017 18:23 #309 by freebird

HappyCamper wrote: Freebird is correct just make sure you load up plenty of players in your cue as once everyone is your cue is gone (either your team gets them or others select them) then it will draft the next available based on the ESPN ranking.

Oh, but that ESPN ranking is solid! ;)

29 Aug 2017 22:03 #310 by ScienceChic

freebird wrote:

HappyCamper wrote: Freebird is correct just make sure you load up plenty of players in your cue as once everyone is your cue is gone (either your team gets them or others select them) then it will draft the next available based on the ESPN ranking.

Oh, but that ESPN ranking is solid! ;)

Didn't Renegade win one year with a team that was completely auto-drafted by ESPN? :biggrin:

Thanks for all the comments helping out everyone, you all rock!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds