× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

30 Aug 2017 08:43 #311 by freebird

ScienceChic wrote:

freebird wrote:

HappyCamper wrote: Freebird is correct just make sure you load up plenty of players in your cue as once everyone is your cue is gone (either your team gets them or others select them) then it will draft the next available based on the ESPN ranking.

Oh, but that ESPN ranking is solid! ;)

Didn't Renegade win one year with a team that was completely auto-drafted by ESPN? :biggrin:

Thanks for all the comments helping out everyone, you all rock!

Good point. Pine-nut won his first year using autopick. Good thing none of us have a username of Bob Lee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Sep 2017 14:57 #312 by Hot Chile
I can't make live draft as I will be out of country. The time is good for me to do it from the hotel, assuming the network cooperates though.

How do I set in advance, the "auto draft". I know how to pre-order picks and pre-set strategy, but I haven't seen the button that tells it to assume I am not present, so it doesn't make everyone wait on my picks. I'd like to set this in advance, if possible, so as not to inconvenience anyone in case I get dragged into a work thing, the network sucks, or I'm otherwise unable to be online.

03 Sep 2017 22:51 #313 by ScienceChic
Hey Hot Chile!

I could be way off on this (and Renegade I'm sure can correct me), but I'm guessing that if you log off, or aren't logged in to begin with, that it will "know" to autodraft for you?

I'm not seeing a button either, but if there is one I'm sure it'll pop up an hour before the draft. Which may or may not help you if you have crappy internet access. Sorry I can't be of more help.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hot Chile

04 Sep 2017 11:03 #314 by Hot Chile
Yea, I think it does have some capability to do it on its own. If I remember right, it makes everyone wait on your first pick, and if that results in an auto pick at the end of the time limit, then it assumes you want to auto draft after that. For some reason I distinctly remember one year where we had to wait on this one person because it made us wait every single round.

Anyway, if I am not on by draft time, and the admins have a way of putting me in auto-mode, please feel free.

05 Sep 2017 05:43 #315 by RenegadeCJ
I believe you are both correct. If you are online, it waits. If you aren't on at all at draft time, I believe it autodrafts for you, and doesn't make everyone wait. I'll try to confirm, but that seems to be my experience.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

05 Sep 2017 17:36 #316 by Froberg
Is there a group meeting up at all in town for the draft? Not sure if I missed it in the thread.

05 Sep 2017 18:25 #317 by ScienceChic
Nothing scheduled this time around, sorry Froberg. :(

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Sep 2017 06:26 #318 by The Viking
I haven't read all the messages, but is there any way to move up the time of when we find out what the draft order is? So we have a little time to kind of plan a strategy?

06 Sep 2017 09:02 #319 by freebird

The Viking wrote: I haven't read all the messages, but is there any way to move up the time of when we find out what the draft order is? So we have a little time to kind of plan a strategy?

I agree that would be helpful to review our draft strategy but for that very reason I don't think we should move from the posted 1-hour draft order setting. Not everyone will have time to take advantage of such a change with the set time nor with it being changed on the day of the draft.

Let's consider such a change for next year's draft.

06 Sep 2017 15:35 #320 by RenegadeCJ
I agree with Freebird...at this point, I don't think it would be fair to change. It actually is normal for me, even our "live draft" parties draw from a hat to get the order about 1/2 hr before we pick.

I'm happy to change it next year, but the only other option would be for me to draw from a hat and manually insert the order that way. ESPN sets the 1 hr window on their software, and I can't change it.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.600 seconds