× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

THERE'S NO WAY PACKERS HOIST THE HALAS TROPHY IN OUR HOUSE

23 Jan 2011 20:39 #101 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic THERE'S NO WAY PACKERS HOIST THE HALAS TROPHY IN OUR HOUSE

archer wrote: there was no cheap shot on Cutler...he did what he always done when he knows he's going to lose, get injured and sit out the rest of the game. If this was the first time he did this, I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but he has done it over, and over, and over again both with the Broncos and the Bears.....the guy just doesn't have what it takes to be a big winner.

I do respect you're opinion Archer, but nobody fakes an injury in the championship game. My sources indicate his blood sugar was dangeriously low. Doctors held him out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2011 20:42 #102 by archer
I didn't say he faked an injury, almost every quarterback gets cuts and scratches and bumps in a game, they play through it....unless you're losing, and your name is Cutler, then you take yourself out of the game and let the backup take the blame. He was asked after the game if the doctors took him out of the game, and he hemmmed and hawwwed....and never did answer.

23 Jan 2011 20:44 #103 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic THERE'S NO WAY PACKERS HOIST THE HALAS TROPHY IN OUR HOUSE

archer wrote: I didn't say he faked an injury, almost every quarterback gets cuts and scratches and bumps in a game, they play through it....unless you're losing, and your name is Cutler, then you take yourself out of the game and let the backup take the blame. He was asked after the game if the doctors took him out of the game, and he hemmmed and hawwwed....and never did answer.

Trust me..He was not allowed to return, by doctors and by rule. Once they went to Hanie (3rd string) he couldn't return by rule. You guys get so emotional about Cutler..?

23 Jan 2011 21:02 #104 by archer
Check all the sports message boards.....they are cutting Cutler to pieces for taking himself out of the game, which is essentially what he did. he had plenty of time to try and return, but he didn't, they didn't even take him to the locker room to check out the "injury"......there is no indication that the doctors wouldn't let him return. Whatever, once they went to the 3rd string guy it was all a moot point anyway. But I don't believe for a minute that he couldn't have played, he just doesn't like to play if he's losing.

23 Jan 2011 21:08 #105 by Rockdoc

archer wrote: Check all the sports message boards.....they are cutting Cutler to pieces for taking himself out of the game, which is essentially what he did. he had plenty of time to try and return, but he didn't, they didn't even take him to the locker room to check out the "injury"......there is no indication that the doctors wouldn't let him return. Whatever, once they went to the 3rd string guy it was all a moot point anyway. But I don't believe for a minute that he couldn't have played, he just doesn't like to play if he's losing.

Everything observed on the field in terms of Cutler's body language supports this. He is being cut up because he couldn't even stand along the sidelines an cheer on his team mates. Instead he sulked. Unless taken from the field on a stretcher, other players return to the field in a cast, on crutches, with an arm in a sling, or whatever even with a concussion when they are left woozy to offer emotional support for their team. NOT Cutler. Those are the observations others are making and that is why he is being lambasted. It has nothing to do with being emotional about Cutler, only seeing him objectively.

23 Jan 2011 21:25 #106 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: OMG.... and what will we do if that is a tie?

Then money goes to both charities right? Or does my having less losses give me the tiebreaker?

23 Jan 2011 21:54 #107 by Rockdoc
I've been reading more about Cutler. According to one reporter, Cutler was hurt by other NFL players questioning his heart. Apparently he suppressed tears of hurt. No mater what you may think of him, like or dislike him, the pain he felt from negative attention was real. Team doctors did advise to keep him out, but not because of "low blood sugar" as has been suggested. Instead, their opinion was there is knee damage.

Hopefully Cutler will learn from this. Negative public perception hurts him, yet he brings it on himself. All he had to do was support his team mates by being among them as opposed to sitting isolated on a bench and the public would have perceived him much differently. Despite all his smarts, he really needs a trainer to help him with his self presentation in public.

23 Jan 2011 22:28 #108 by Photo-fish
Woo Hooo!!!!! Packers are going to the Superbowl!!!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

23 Jan 2011 23:54 #109 by ScienceChic

Vice Lord wrote: It's nice to see everyone enjoying themselves at my expense tonight. Nothing rally's this community like a public stoning and nothing brings people out of the woodwork like a chance to kick someone while they're down. I was halfway expecting to see a little class and character here tonight, but I was sadly mistaken.

BTW, me and Viking are tied with 30 wins apiece- The SuperBowl will decide it.

It's only cuz we know you're strong enough to take it and come back for more! No one else on this board has lost as often as you and kept returning for more punishment! KissyFace:
File Attachment:
:biggrin: Besides, it's not like anyone posted a song with Nah, nah, nah, nah; nah, nah, nah, nah, hey hey hey, Goodbye!

It's been a great match-up, fun watching it come down to the wire, and fun reading all the trash-talkin'! I can't wait 'til next year! :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Jan 2011 23:11 #110 by The Viking
The Packer fans are still celebrating!!!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds