CONIFER VFW BREAKFAST AUGUST 21 TO HELP TSAC

30 Jul 2011 21:10 #1 by navycpo7
Along with having our great breakfast we are doing our normal one a year with TSAC (TROOP SUPPORT ACTION COMMITTEE). You bring 4 items on thier list per person, and we will give you a free breakfast. This will help the folks at TSAC restock to send items to the troops. Presently we have a couple of locals that have just deployed and are deploying. Zach Webb and Chris Rosa. Please come on out, bring the items and get your free breakfast. I promise the breakfast is a damn good one. Our green chili is made fresh starting around 2am on the day of the breakfast. Our homefries are not frozen, our eggs are fresh, our gravey has our own little mixture to it. Our pancakes also have alittle extra in it. Our bacon for the most part is nice and crisp, as is our sauage patties and links. Best part come on out and meet the community. It is a great time and you will be helping a great cause. With alittle luck TSAC will post thier list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jul 2011 21:27 #2 by AspenValley
That sounds great! If you can find the list of stuff to donate, my family is all in on this one!

30 Jul 2011 21:32 #3 by otisptoadwater
I'll gladly pay the regular price of admission as long as I am in town, can you provide a link to TSAC's list of stuff? I have to assume all the usual things are on the list; snacks, playing cards, board games, books, and magazines. Are there any special requests? I'd be more than happy to send something that the troops really want and can't get.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

31 Jul 2011 07:22 #4 by navycpo7
It is pretty much the same, but I am going to get them to post thier list on here, if you make it, give me a holler, I am the one in the Kitchen cooking the bacon and sauage, usually have my Navy cover on.

OK got it here it is

We have an ample supply of toiletries at this time and our newly adopted units have requested snacks.

*Powdered Drink Products, (NOT needing sugar)*Chewing Gum *Breath mints
*Microwave popcorn*Packaged Snacks (chips/nuts, sunflower seeds, etc.)
*Beef Jerky *Trail Mix *Crackers *Individual dry soup packets *Pretzels
*M&Ms *Energy Bars *Hard Candy *Dried Fruits (packaged)
Snack sized zip lock baggies (are great for divvying up goodies in larger packaging.)

books, magazines, dvd (both music and movies), playing cards, etc.

31 Jul 2011 07:39 #5 by AspenValley
I have a bunch of 4-wheeling and auto magazaines, think they'd like those?

31 Jul 2011 10:46 #6 by Rockdoc

AspenValley wrote: That sounds great! If you can find the list of stuff to donate, my family is all in on this one!

:yeahthat: and I'll even be in town.

31 Jul 2011 13:40 #7 by ScienceChic
I'll be there with lots of stuff! (Assuming I can function, it IS the day after the Annual 285Bound picnic!) :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

31 Jul 2011 17:27 #8 by Wayne Harrison
I'd suggest bringing the stuff to the 285Bound Picnic and having someone deliver it en mass to the TSAC folks at Pinecam. Since they won't post here on 285Bound, it might help show them the support they are missing by not doing so.

31 Jul 2011 19:43 #9 by Hoot Owl
What is TSAC? What are their credentials? Are they willing to accept cash? Is cash deductible,are they 501-C-3?
Yes I do know the answers to these questions, however, if they dont feel the need to post here, I dont feel the need to support thier cause. I am banned from Pinecam, thus I wont support their auxililarary causes.
If you want to support the troops, there are a variety of ways to do so, and a variety of ways to support the wives and babies left home alone. Anyone want to start something?

31 Jul 2011 21:53 #10 by navycpo7

Hoot Owl wrote: What is TSAC? What are their credentials? Are they willing to accept cash? Is cash deductible,are they 501-C-3?
Yes I do know the answers to these questions, however, if they dont feel the need to post here, I dont feel the need to support thier cause. I am banned from Pinecam, thus I wont support their auxililarary causes.
If you want to support the troops, there are a variety of ways to do so, and a variety of ways to support the wives and babies left home alone. Anyone want to start something?

I can understand your reasoning, but you also get a pretty damn good breakfast. Regardless I support TSAC and still support the troops as my son is one of them. Before anyone goes off the deep end (oh sorry that would only be me) let me talk to them into coming over here and posting here also. It is a win win for both sides by doing so.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds