CONIFER VFW BREAKFAST AUGUST 21 TO HELP TSAC

23 Sep 2011 14:36 #81 by Pony Soldier
Dimplszzz, thanks for your input and work on this. I think you are seeing a small part of the difference between this site and some others when you get a reaction like that. We have freedom to post here (up to a point) what we want and if we step over the line, there are gentle reminders that come via PM so we get the chance to moderate ourselves. "Required" raised Becky's hackles because she is worried that some of the mentality from other sites might be working its way over here.

Again, thanks for what you are doing with TSAC. It seems that it has come a long way since the days when I had my issues with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2011 14:38 #82 by CC
Actually dimplzzzz....I asked you directly what you meant by required in your own post.
How does that translate to you speculating as to your answer?

THX TM for helping to clarify what I have been trying to get to the bottom of now for a couple of pages.
That is exactly why my hackles are up.
My frustration is that I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone.

23 Sep 2011 14:42 #83 by Cupcake
Well, Becky - "required" - in the context used - would mean that the same requirements would apply to the TSAC forum as the business partner forum as SC mentioned on the previous page. I'm not sure how I can make that any clearer, really.

On a forum where events are discussed that support our troops in harms way - I couldn't possibly imagine someone not playing nice, anyway. But I suppose there are folks like that. Glad I don't know any.

23 Sep 2011 14:50 #84 by CC
Your sarcasm was duly noted again.

Maybe SC could answer my question above then. Will TSAC or any business have the right to remove posts from the public eye that are unflattering, provided the TOS of this site is not violated?

What authority do business or charity partners have to remove posts that do not violate the TOS of this site.

23 Sep 2011 14:55 #85 by Cupcake
I apologize if anything I've posted came across as sarcasm. I was simply attempting to respond to a direct question.

23 Sep 2011 15:10 #86 by CC

Dimplszzz wrote: I'd love to answer that question, but I'm afraid I don't fully understand it. Could you please elaborate?

I read it a 4th time, and lo and behold, there's no question there! Dang, I really need new glasses.

Ok, let me rephrase that so nobody gets the wrong impression: "The forum will not be in the RING, so please post accordingly."

Is that better?

On a forum where events are discussed that support our troops in harms way - I couldn't possibly imagine someone not playing nice, anyway. But I suppose there are folks like that. Glad I don't know any.

I better shut up now, before I put my foot in my mouth or something.

My apologies if I misunderstood the tone of several of your posts.

Just for the record

23 Sep 2011 16:12 #87 by Wayne Harrison
As a member of both sites, I wish TSAC the best in its effort to spread its message on 285Bound about the need for help in serving our brave military in harm's way.

I also find it hard to believe there's a disagreement over being polite and civil when discussing the effort. This discussion seems to have devolved into a "you're not the boss of me" argument.

I hope it can move past that and get on with the task at hand.

23 Sep 2011 16:16 #88 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic CONIFER VFW BREAKFAST AUGUST 21 TO HELP TSAC
285b people don't always 'play nice'. The forum will be fine because 285b does not allow harassment. I have never seen anything take so long in my entire life? This should have been done week ago.

TSAC put up your forum and start baking people.

23 Sep 2011 16:36 #89 by Cupcake
Yeah, I agree! We should have done this a long time ago - but alas, we didn't think of it! DOH!

I'm so glad that some of the members here thought of it, and the ball began rolling. Thanks, 285Bound!!!

And CG - Uh, how do we "put up our forum"? LOL (see? I'm already lost....)

23 Sep 2011 16:50 #90 by ScienceChic

Becky wrote: Maybe SC could answer my question above then. Will TSAC or any business have the right to remove posts from the public eye that are unflattering, provided the TOS of this site is not violated?

What authority do business or charity partners have to remove posts that do not violate the TOS of this site.

In our paid business forums and non-profits forums, the policy has always been that they all have a right to not be harassed within their forum. They pay for that ad space, and have a right to decide what goes into their privately owned space; 285Bound as a business has the right to protect its business interests. We allow anyone to discuss any topic in an appropriate forum, or copy content from a business forum to discuss elsewhere; if someone wants to complain about a business (or TSAC) they can do that elsewhere, like in the Courthouse or Ring, but not in that business's forum unless that business wishes to address it there specifically - it's always handled on a case-by-case basis with communication between us and the business owners.

We have a great small group of moderators and admins who've done an awesome job of keeping this site running smoothly. They are available anytime to work on reports and issues quickly and professionally, either for TSAC or for any of our other business partners and non-profits; nothing will change.

I have also addressed this issue before: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9273&start=380 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9273&start=380<!-- l -->

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds