CONIFER VFW BREAKFAST AUGUST 21 TO HELP TSAC

20 Sep 2011 16:17 #51 by Mtn Gramma

Science Chic wrote: But in terms of TSAC, they are a separate entity from Pinecam, and granted though populated with those who are involved in Pinecam, many of those who serve TSAC are people whom I respect immensely and am proud and honored to call friend.

Actually, in their public persona, TSAC isn't a separate entity from PC. Look at the donation boxes at Kings and Safeway. And from PC's site in the forum index under the Yellow Ribbon Lounge: "The Troop Support Action Committee of Pinecam.com proudly represent this community by..."

I willingly support the troops but have no desire for PC to get public accolades for "their" fine work when I am not a part of PC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2011 20:31 #52 by Hoot Owl
I willingly support the troops. I will not willingly allow my cash donations to be comingled with Pinecam funds. They may be different accounts, however I believe some of the same individuals have signature priviledges (SP) on both accounts.
285 Bound can support their own troops, Pinecam can support theirs. It isnt a competition. Nor should there be bragging rights.

In the past I adopted one soldier and his canine companion. I didnt send him 285 pounds of crap, rather some jerky, trail mix, eye wash, candy, toothpaste, a tennis ball and a rawhide chewy for the dog. The soldier did respond, he was grateful. Little things can be more important than community accolades.

Think about it, dont join forces with Pinecam TSAC... please.

Until TSAC responds to this thread, why would banned members financially support a Pinecam cause?

Why do the "support the Troops" magnetic decals say "Pinecammers" not "TSAC"?

20 Sep 2011 20:45 #53 by navycpo7
Well here is my 2 cents and it might not be worth much but

My opinion is simple. It should not make a difference who gets credit, or whatever. I am extremely grateful that 285bound offered to adopt my son's unit. I do not what to see people torn apart or friends torn apart. That is totally stupid. What matters in all this is the support of the troops. That we show them that we support them and their efforts. That simple. In the end, so long as each one of us as individuals or as a group knows that we did support them, then who cares about who gets what credit. If one is in this to get credit for supporting the troops then one is in it for the wrong reason.

20 Sep 2011 20:53 #54 by jf1acai

What matters in all this is the support of the troops. That we show them that we support them and their efforts. That simple.

:thumbsup: :like:

Support them however you wish, but please support them!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Sep 2011 21:17 #55 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic CONIFER VFW BREAKFAST AUGUST 21 TO HELP TSAC
I do believe the whole point was that it would make it easier for the community to work together. If TSAC wanted to. Because joining efforts would be less confusing, most likely less money to send and easier for the community. 285b was perfectly willing to do it either way but wanted to reach out to TSAC before making a decision to go it alone. I don't think credit had anything to do with anything. I think either way this will be great for the vets.

20 Sep 2011 22:07 #56 by navycpo7
CG I do not believe that getting credit is what SC and some here at 285 are looking for, but the perception that I am getting from reading some of the post gives that impression

21 Sep 2011 12:06 #57 by I am Woman
I read both sites frequently but rarely post on either. However, I'm so shocked by what I see here that I have to speak up.

SC, thank you for the voice of reason in all of this.

TSAC members that posted, same word of thanks to all of you.

The rest of you just come off as paranoid, bitter, angry little brats that need a good hard spanking. Never once have I seen a post on Pinecam that badmouths this site. The few times that this site even gets mentioned there's no reaction one way or the other. On this site, I can't escape running into badmouthing of Pinecam and every other organization in the area. It has been made very clear that TSAC is a separate organization from Pinecam. Your response is that they are sharing funds or that a couple of people are the axis of evil? Really? GROW UP.

I'm not part of TSAC, I don't volunteer with anyone but I do drop sundries off in the TSAC boxes. I make donations to several local charities. If I WERE part of any of these organizations I wouldn't want to have anything to do with this bitter, bad-mouthing group of social misfits. Thanks to this kind of juvenile behavior, I have no desire to volunteer in this community. I don't know any of you personally and there are very few I would ever want to meet.

21 Sep 2011 12:47 #58 by navycpo7

I am Woman wrote: I read both sites frequently but rarely post on either. However, I'm so shocked by what I see here that I have to speak up.

The rest of you just come off as paranoid, bitter, angry little brats that need a good hard spanking. Never once have I seen a post on Pinecam that badmouths this site. The few times that this site even gets mentioned there's no reaction one way or the other. On this site, I can't escape running into badmouthing of Pinecam and every other organization in the area. It has been made very clear that TSAC is a separate organization from Pinecam. Your response is that they are sharing funds or that a couple of people are the axis of evil? Really? GROW UP.

I had nothing bitter or bad to say about
Anyone or either group as I believe both
Do an outstanding job. I wll support both
As I believe the end results should be the
Support of the troops. If you do decide to volunteer
Look me up we vets can always use some
Help

I'm not part of TSAC, I don't volunteer with anyone but I do drop sundries off in the TSAC boxes. I make donations to several local charities. If I WERE part of any of these organizations I wouldn't want to have anything to do with this bitter, bad-mouthing group of social misfits. Thanks to this kind of juvenile behavior, I have no desire to volunteer in this community. I don't know any of you personally and there are very few I would ever want to meet.

21 Sep 2011 12:51 #59 by Pony Soldier

I am Woman wrote: I read both sites frequently but rarely post on either. However, I'm so shocked by what I see here that I have to speak up.

I don't approve of organizations that apply a political filter to their support of the troops regardless of how childish that makes me look in your eyes.

21 Sep 2011 12:53 #60 by I am Woman
I'm so sorry, navycpo7. I really didn't mean you. I admire your attitude towards all of this and will I will continue to support our military men and women in any way I can.

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds