CONIFER VFW BREAKFAST AUGUST 21 TO HELP TSAC

19 Aug 2011 15:46 #21 by Cupcake
Heeyyyyyyy!!!! As co-Chairman of TSAC, and a member of BOTH Pinecam and 285Bound, lemme just say:

Supporting our troops is our prime mission - we are unaffiliated with any political party, and we are a non-profit organization.

I, for one, have no loyalties to any particular websites; as I venture into them as I need info or have a need to post info. Our TSAC members give of their time freely and spend countless hours ensuring our adopted units have the support from their community they deserve.

So, drop some goodies in the boxes at the supermarkets (Safeway or Kings), take donations to the VFW Breakfast, whatever spirit moves you.

These are our sons, daughters, husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers serving so that we may continue to enjoy the freedoms we have. Let's put some yummies in their BDU pockets and bring 'em a smile if we can. They're willing to lay down their lives for us, so...do what moves you.

(ok, so I'm pretty darn passionate about our troops, their comfort & safety, so forgive me if I babbled a little much here)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2011 17:34 #22 by navycpo7

Dimplszzz wrote: Heeyyyyyyy!!!! As co-Chairman of TSAC, and a member of BOTH Pinecam and 285Bound, lemme just say:

Supporting our troops is our prime mission - we are unaffiliated with any political party, and we are a non-profit organization.

I, for one, have no loyalties to any particular websites; as I venture into them as I need info or have a need to post info. Our TSAC members give of their time freely and spend countless hours ensuring our adopted units have the support from their community they deserve.

So, drop some goodies in the boxes at the supermarkets (Safeway or Kings), take donations to the VFW Breakfast, whatever spirit moves you.

These are our sons, daughters, husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers serving so that we may continue to enjoy the freedoms we have. Let's put some yummies in their BDU pockets and bring 'em a smile if we can. They're willing to lay down their lives for us, so...do what moves you.

(ok, so I'm pretty darn passionate about our troops, their comfort & safety, so forgive me if I babbled a little much here)

As am I. So you did just fine. I now have the address of the unit with some local guys in it. I will have it with me at the breakfast.

19 Aug 2011 18:26 #23 by CC
I am honored to help TSAC with their noble mission. Dimplszzz is right and I applaud her for her passion. I personally know just how lonely these fine young Americans get so far from home. Let's show them what a great community we are by supporting them at King Soopers, Safeway, the 285bound.com picnic and at the VFW Sunday morning.

21 Aug 2011 12:22 #24 by badgersbrat
My son is one of those locals, and I thank you very much for the support you are giving them! And it was a GREAT breakfast this morning!!

17 Sep 2011 21:25 #25 by freebird

Dimplszzz wrote: Heeyyyyyyy!!!! As co-Chairman of TSAC, and a member of BOTH Pinecam and 285Bound, lemme just say:

I'm late to the party...actually was out of state when this thread was active. I love your post, Dimplszzz!

Hoot's earlier post:
"What is TSAC? What are their credentials? Are they willing to accept cash? Is cash deductible,are they 501-C-3? Yes I do know the answers to these questions, however, if they dont feel the need to post here, I dont feel the need to support thier cause. I am banned from Pinecam, thus I wont support their auxililarary causes.
If you want to support the troops, there are a variety of ways to do so, and a variety of ways to support the wives and babies left home alone. Anyone want to start something?"

I debated with myself whether it was worthwhile to reply. I hope this clarification (my perspective) is beneficial as an answer to your raised questions and concerns.

TSAC isn't a faceless group. Actually, a high percentage of the active TSAC members are long-running members of 285Bound. In fact, half of the officers post here. Unfortunately, some of us have gotten very busy with our work demands and aren't able to visit this site and participate in the threads like many of the other members. We are also busy with our volunteer efforts with TSAC and other community charities.

In all honesty, I've been knocked around by some of our site's members on two different occasions when I merely mentioned TSAC in an unrelated thread. My impression was that the charitable organization wasn't really of interest to the more vocal members. Perhaps my impression was wrong.

I think my fellow TSAC members that are also members here would probably agree with me that our interest and satisfaction of working with TSAC is due to the purpose of the community charity. To be honest, I don't think of it as working with Pinecam. I'm thankful that a group of local people saw a worthy need some years ago and took the necessary steps to build this charity. I'm thankful for the role that Pinecam played in assisting with this effort.

I don't think the troops who receive the cards, letters, comfort items, home baked Christmas treats, community sewn and assembled chillers, and special items as their contact might request of our community from time to time gives much thought about which of our community websites worked the most to provide them with a little something from home. I don't care if they don't even remember that TSAC helped coordinate the local efforts to make their shipments. What I do care about is that they enjoy some of the items that they find in the shipped boxes and that they realize how much their community cares about them and appreciates all of the sacrifices that they (and their loved ones back home) are making for us.

It is easier to tear something down than to build it up. A few have complaints about something they heard (maybe it is valid, maybe it isn't) about years ago. All I know is that I started volunteering with the group a little over 2 years ago and enjoy each event, packing party, chiller assembly (even if I'm slow and exacting), etc. that I participate in. I can share that in my opinion every TSAC volunteer I have met and work with along the way cares deeply about our troops and wants to do something to make sure they know their community cares.

I believe we will find a way to work together for the benefit of our troops. I would like to invite you to consider joining TSAC, or perhaps you would prefer to volunteer at a packing party (we work hard but it is very rewarding) or help make chillers. We could use more members and volunteers and I would love to see some of our 285Bound members join us.

Navycpo7 & badgersbrat, a big thanks to you and your sons for serving. I hope our community continues to make sure they know how much they are appreciated!

17 Sep 2011 21:48 #26 by CC
amen freebird. Great post

17 Sep 2011 21:57 #27 by pacamom
What is unfortunate is that members of TSAC don't bother to respond to messages sent to them asking a question and offering a donation. If they can't respond, why bother?

18 Sep 2011 08:48 #28 by freebird
Becky, thanks and hope we see you at today's breakfast.

pacamom wrote: What is unfortunate is that members of TSAC don't bother to respond to messages sent to them asking a question and offering a donation. If they can't respond, why bother?

Pacamom, it's hard for me to comment when I don't know the details. I would hope the TSAC member didn't receive the e-mail/message or their response was lost in cyberspace. I know I'll be seeing you this week, and hoping you make it to today's breakfast so we can discuss this more. I would agree that if someone approached a member with a valid question and that member decided to ignore the message, that isn't appropriate. Hopefully there's a good reason and I'll try to look into it. Now get ready for breakfast (a 2nd if you've already eaten at home) and meet us there. :bbq2

18 Sep 2011 09:12 #29 by justin

pacamom wrote: What is unfortunate is that members of TSAC don't bother to respond to messages sent to them asking a question and offering a donation. If they can't respond, why bother?

So what?
did it ever occur to you they may have lives?
If you want to support the troops-
JUST DO IT!!!
You don't need to go through Pinecam-
but obviously you do need to make everything an anti-Pinecam issue.

Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.
If you want to support the troops then do it. Don't blame your lack of involvement on other people.

Our neighbors son was serving in Iraq a few years ago. The wife would watch for sales and get things to send to him. We'd stuff it in a box and mail it.
Big deal.
What it meant to Joey and his fellow soldiers was priceless.
Then we found out TSAC was supporting them and have been donating ever since.

Dimplszzz and freebird-
thank you for the work you and tsac does and for being brave enough to post here.
I think it's pathetic that you have to take the chance of being slammed here because of your association
with pc.
You are trying to keep it about the troops but some people just won't let you.
Screw them- your work is much more valuable than their criticisms.

18 Sep 2011 09:29 #30 by HappyCamper
Justin,

I am also a TSAC member and want to say thank you for your support.

I am sure that I am speaking for the other TSAC memebers as well, we will look into why people did not hear backand try to improve on our communications

Pacamom if you could PM me with the details of your post I would be happy to look into it.

TSAC is all about the troops we are not trying to start a war on these two wonderful websites and like the post above states we have no affilation.

We do what we do because we want to and hope that the community continues to help support our efforts to bring comfort items to our wonderful men and women serving our country.

If there are any others out there that still have un-answered questions about TSAC please PM me and I will personally look into those as well.

UNTIL THEY ALL COME HOME

Thanks,
Kim

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds