Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

24 Aug 2011 09:42 #271 by Martin Ent Inc
The government couldn't even run a whorehouse and sell whiskey.

Proven when they took over the Mustang Ranch then went belly up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2011 09:47 - 24 Aug 2011 10:01 #272 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

Vice Lord wrote:

Science Chic wrote:
But anything the government tries to do, we can do better! :thumbsup:

ha..Oh really? What in human history has taught you that?

Martin Ent Inc wrote: The government couldn't even run a whorehouse and sell whiskey.

Proven when they took over the Mustang Ranch then went belly up.

GTFOOH! You want a million private companeys building our highways? You wanna pay 5 tolls to get to the airport? You want private industry defending the country? building sewers? providing water? etc..etc,..ect.. You dumb fuks will have us paying money everytime we take a breath. You are corporate Americas usefull idiots..Somehow they got you to argue for thier interests and thier interest are making money off of you. The government builds roads, dams, hosptals, parks, sewer systems, water treatment facilities FOR THE COMMON GOOD. Thats thier motivation. I can no longer interact with people that are this stupid..I just can't

Even some of the smart people here (like SC) are dumb..

I'm done...Thats it

24 Aug 2011 09:49 #273 by Martin Ent Inc
:wave: :Whistle :blahblah: :Loco:

24 Aug 2011 09:58 #274 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through
Yeah..Private industry fought the war in Iraq..I loved paying private soldiers $800/hour when a grunt in the army gets $800/month. And those $87 dollar cases of Pepsi, i'm sure they were worth the extra money we paid Haliburton and KBR for them...

Waake up

24 Aug 2011 10:13 #275 by ScienceChic

Vice Lord wrote: ha..Oh really? What in human history has taught you that?

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.
-Thomas Jefferson
And public participation has been too weak; we reap what we sow.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. -Thomas Jefferson

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. -Thomas Jefferson
Not just government, but any in positions of power.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. -Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. -Thomas Jefferson
The People themselves are not good at this either, so there must be a balance. We have yet to achieve it.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. -Thomas Jefferson
Again, subjective, but a good generalization. If you have too many managers, the workers suffer. Because it's not just too much government, but corrupt government/perverted policies - government that does not serve the people but instead a few special interests.

Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence. -Thomas Jefferson
The consolidation of power is happening now - the wealthy, the bankers, corporations - too much power has passed from the general public to those with vested interests in protecting what they have and hoarding even more. PS would say that it's simply federal vs state control, but it goes much deeper than that. The pendulum has swung far out and our troubled times are an indication that it is about to swing back violently. The outcome is uncertain.

The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government. -Thomas Jefferson
This is what it should be about, and hasn't been for some time - our government officials have lost sight of who they represent.

The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force. -Thomas Jefferson
We've become bloated with our perpetually-at-war military industrial complex which seeks to protect its funding. Yes, we need to defend ourselves, but what we spend on our military is absurd in comparison to every other nation - evolution shows that once a group of people/nation become powerful, they begin hoarding their possessions, trying to expand their influence, and expending even more effort to keep that position - it's usually the beginning of the downfall of that group.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Aug 2011 10:16 #276 by UNDER MODERATION
I did'nt read that because I don't have time, but honestly I've been dissapointed in you lately SC

24 Aug 2011 10:19 - 24 Aug 2011 10:21 #277 by UNDER MODERATION
I just read the first one..

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.
-Thomas Jefferson

Private Industry is not The people..Corporations are not people-And furthermore all we needed was a few dirt roads to get around when Thomas Jefferson was around so posting that is absurd- I wanna regress to 1776 now? Whata a Tea Bagger SC? Things change, it's called progess

24 Aug 2011 10:20 - 24 Aug 2011 10:24 #278 by BearMtnHIB

GTFOOH! You want a million private companeys building our highways? You wanna pay 5 tolls to get to the airport? You want private industry defending the country? building sewers? providing water? etc..etc,..ect.. You dumb fuks will have us paying money everytime we take a breath. You are corporate Americas usefull idiots..Somehow they got you to argue for thier interests and thier interest are making money off of you. The government builds roads, dams, hosptals, parks, sewer systems, water treatment facilities FOR THE COMMON GOOD. Thats thier motivation. I can no longer interact with people that are this stupid..I just can't

Just who do you think builds all those things now? Guess what- it's private companies. And guess what - the government does not build any of those things for free, in fact they are like a giant middleman, adding unnecessay costs to every single project. I worked as a consultant in the water treatment business for 17 years and I can tell you that up to 50% of the cost of a water treatment plant these days is not core costs, but bullsh** regulations added in because of government.

I watched a 50 million dollar plant get delayed for 8 months because of the preble's meadow jumping mouse. It turned out that there were none of these mice anywhere near the plant- and the mouse itself has been found to not be so special after all.

But this is the kind of crap you get when the government tries to do things. Your paying double for everything your government does, it's the least efficient way to get anything done!

Us dumb fuks are already paying money everytime we take a breath- wake up fool- it's called taxes!

24 Aug 2011 10:21 #279 by ScienceChic

Vice Lord wrote: I did'nt read that because I don't have time, but honestly I've been dissapointed in you lately SC

I think I'll live. :biggrin:

Private Industry is not The people..Corporations are not people-And all we needed was a few dirt roads to get around when Thomas Jefferson was around

Keep reading...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Aug 2011 10:22 #280 by UNDER MODERATION
Dissapointed

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds