Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

24 Aug 2011 10:23 #281 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through
its sad..Where TF i'm I gonna go?..I know i'm not super inteligent..Like Martin said..I can't even spell tommorw after being corrected on it 5000 times..But this ain't cutting it for me

GOOD DAY SIRS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2011 10:24 #282 by Martin Ent Inc

24 Aug 2011 23:38 #283 by Local_Historian
VL - has teal deer syndrome - longer than 5 lines, he is incapable of reading it.

Some nice quotes there, SC.

Martin - good point - apparently the street signs were also too long to read for VL, because itw as very clear that all the construction done on 285 in the past several years - at least 5 - was done by PRIVATE companies, paid by the government. They put their company names up there!

25 Aug 2011 04:44 #284 by HEARTLESS
Not sure which thread is best to post this in but, anyone notice the horrendous evacuation plans for our large cities during natural or man made disasters? As I posted earlier, there is no such thing as urban survival.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

25 Aug 2011 07:37 #285 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

HEARTLESS wrote: Not sure which thread is best to post this in but,

Im sure that its not this one

25 Aug 2011 08:23 #286 by HEARTLESS
Could have gone in the FEMA thread, but if it annoys the pinheads like you, I made the right choice.

25 Aug 2011 12:12 #287 by UNDER MODERATION

HEARTLESS wrote: Could have gone in the FEMA thread, but if it annoys the pinheads like you, I made the right choice.

yeah nobody's responding to it because nobody cares...so evidently it was a

Bad choice

25 Aug 2011 13:49 #288 by HEARTLESS
If anyone should recognize a bad choice, its the king of bad choices himself, VL.

25 Aug 2011 14:43 #289 by BadgerKustoms
Only read the first two pages here and then skimmed a few other, so I'm probably way off track with the current discussion.... just consider this in response to the first post:

Quite a few in my community have already began the "preparation" process and for a number of reasons. The two strongest of those being, 1. Natural disaster, 2. Economic failure. Won't get into the other 'possibilites' right now.

On the immediate local level, we've already considered many possibilites. Harris Park as it turns out is a very strategic location for a self-sustaining outpost, and with the crew we have I think we're going to be quite alright. We have Ham radio guys and we're talking about outfitting my 'project' truck with various comm so that I'll be able to recon whatever is necessary and keep able contact. Also have nurses, emt people, quite a few multi-skilled individuals too.

My personal list:

Metal fabrication, leather crafting, mechanics, alternative power, (i.e. ethanol, steam, woodgas, etc.), various melee armed and unarmed combat skills, expert marksmanship in a great variety of firearms, stealth ops including but not limited to prospecting (i.e. scavenging), and have been studying the finer points of armor systems pertaining to small arms fire.

Many of us have already been collecting non-perishible foods and various gear to sustain our local community. But the Ham radio guys would come in handy to co-ordinate trades with the greater Bailey area, limiting the need for recon on surrounding urban areas.

Badger

25 Aug 2011 15:54 #290 by Local_Historian
Nicely done, Badger.

Which religious group is it the requires its members to have 6 months of food and water on hand at all times? Those are the people we need to talk to about sustainable foods and planning.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds