Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

25 Aug 2011 17:20 #301 by HEARTLESS
oh no, gonna leave again?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Aug 2011 17:23 #302 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

HEARTLESS wrote: oh no, gonna leave again?

Yep, that was it

My last post ever

25 Aug 2011 17:31 #303 by HEARTLESS

The silent majority will be silent no more.

25 Aug 2011 17:38 #304 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

HEARTLESS wrote:

Just for VL.

Thats really it this time

25 Aug 2011 20:02 #305 by Sunshine Girl

Martin Ent Inc wrote: The government couldn't even run a whorehouse and sell whiskey.

Proven when they took over the Mustang Ranch then went belly up.

:like:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

25 Aug 2011 20:05 #306 by Sunshine Girl

BadgerKustoms wrote: Only read the first two pages here and then skimmed a few other, so I'm probably way off track with the current discussion.... just consider this in response to the first post:

Quite a few in my community have already began the "preparation" process and for a number of reasons. The two strongest of those being, 1. Natural disaster, 2. Economic failure. Won't get into the other 'possibilites' right now.

On the immediate local level, we've already considered many possibilites. Harris Park as it turns out is a very strategic location for a self-sustaining outpost, and with the crew we have I think we're going to be quite alright. We have Ham radio guys and we're talking about outfitting my 'project' truck with various comm so that I'll be able to recon whatever is necessary and keep able contact. Also have nurses, emt people, quite a few multi-skilled individuals too.

My personal list:

Metal fabrication, leather crafting, mechanics, alternative power, (i.e. ethanol, steam, woodgas, etc.), various melee armed and unarmed combat skills, expert marksmanship in a great variety of firearms, stealth ops including but not limited to prospecting (i.e. scavenging), and have been studying the finer points of armor systems pertaining to small arms fire.

Many of us have already been collecting non-perishible foods and various gear to sustain our local community. But the Ham radio guys would come in handy to co-ordinate trades with the greater Bailey area, limiting the need for recon on surrounding urban areas.

Badger

Very cool Badger!!!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

25 Aug 2011 20:08 #307 by Sunshine Girl
It's ok, VL is even mad at me too. :faint:

25 Aug 2011 20:51 #308 by jf1acai

VL wrote: My last post ever

Anyone been keeping count? How many 'last posts' is that now? :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

26 Aug 2011 08:05 #309 by Martin Ent Inc
It's like a broken record or a cd that just won't get past the scratch.

26 Aug 2011 10:17 #310 by Mtn Gramma

Vice Lord wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote:

Just for VL.

Thats really it this time

:like:

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds