Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

28 Aug 2011 21:14 - 28 Aug 2011 21:30 #341 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

residenttroll wrote: Imagine going though life doing a monkey's job but still getting paid peanuts because your labor union protected your cage.

Ive known a lot of Union Pilots, Aircraft Mechanics, Gate Agents and Baggage Handlers and honestly?..I don't think I ever meet one that was as stupid as you are. Maybe 1 or 2, but no more. Dead serious now..

And I've never met anybody with the terrible social skills of Rockdoc..I mean I sometimes play a miserable, insufferable, obnoxious, pompous, egotistical, know it all on message boards, but he's for real.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2011 21:26 #342 by jf1acai

VL wrote: ...I sometimes play a miserable, insufferable, obnoxious, pompous, egotistical, know it all on message boards...

Sometimes?

:lol:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

28 Aug 2011 21:38 #343 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

jf1acai wrote:

VL wrote: ...I sometimes play a miserable, insufferable, obnoxious, pompous, egotistical, know it all on message boards...

Sometimes?

:lol:

You would think that as you get closer to the end of your life you'd mellow and become more accepting of others. I knew a guy that had terminal cancer and he had only days or weeks to live. He was a hothead and I knew he hated some people who cost him an his family a lot of money and when i asked him if he was gonna take anybody with him, he said..."lol, no- all that stuff doesn't mean anything to me now, i'm not angry at anyone anymore"

To call other human beings rodents, and mean it.... at his age? Not something i'd expect from a wise old man

28 Aug 2011 22:19 #344 by Local_Historian

akilina wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Even spilling feed outside the chicken run will attract rats. Once you have them getting rid of em is a chore.

Really, really good protein, don't you think?

Thought it takes one hell of a lot of them to get a decent coat made.

But ask VL - he only gets the finest rat fur coats for his women.

29 Aug 2011 03:52 #345 by gmule

Vice Lord wrote:

Joe wrote: Can't we just throw them a couple bananas? Its like $25 bucks/bag. SOBs

Ah-No they can't...Union workers are protected..The company would have to go through a painful and expensive multi year proccess to get rid of them and during that time the workers would cost them literally billions in slow downs, sick outs and various other job actions. It's much cheaper to just pay them a living wage and pretend like they doing it

That sure sounds an awful lot like extortion to me. :Whistle

29 Aug 2011 06:08 #346 by LOL

Vice Lord wrote: Ah-No they can't...Union workers are protected..The company would have to go through a painful and expensive multi year proccess to get rid of them and during that time the workers would cost them literally billions in slow downs, sick outs and various other job actions. It's much cheaper to just pay them a living wage and pretend like they are doing it

VL, you just unwittingly explained why many people have a problem with unions as they exist today. And I bet you have no idea what you said or what is wrong with it. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

29 Aug 2011 09:00 #347 by UNDER MODERATION
Unwittingly- Is that what you think?

...But without the laws that level the playing field the company would wreck your body then throw you out like yesterdays trash.. Like most Americans youre ignorant of the other side of the story, you don't know history, you don't know what life was like in America before the labor movement. Blue collar or white collar, it did'nt matter. A dozen guys had ALL the money and the rest of us had nothing.

04 Sep 2011 10:12 #348 by BadgerKustoms

Rockdoc Franz wrote:
Has anyone been looking into rodent-proof containers for long term storage, or for that matter even for chicken feed. Anyone contemplating getting chickens needs to know that you can not leave the feed unsecured. Even spilling feed outside the chicken run will attract rats. Once you have them getting rid of em is a chore.

Already considering food storage into the design of the coop, metal containers should make rodent issues minimal. Due to the location needed for the coop however the biggest hurdle thus far is electricity to the location.

Badger

04 Sep 2011 11:38 #349 by Rockdoc
Badger, Do you think that plastic containers like 5 gallon buckets would withstand rodent attack?

04 Sep 2011 12:04 #350 by BadgerKustoms
I can answer pretty confidently on that one Rockdoc that no, plastic will not deter the right rodent. Having grown up on farms, I've seen the damage first hand, rodents are very determined little critters with an excellent sense of smell and can do quite a bit of damage to even a 5 gallon plastic bucket which is known to be thicker in construction than many 50 gallon trash cans and most barrels.

I would recommend glass containers, but then gravity becomes a factor. Operator error, or again rodent determination, (i.e. moving the container, resulting in a drop from a shelf), could cause the demise of certain glass containers.

The problem of metal containers is of course the potential for rust and corrosion. Hence the reason for lining the interior of the container with mylar or plastic for long term food storage.

**Note, this method is also very good for storing bulk human consumables.**

Badger

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds