So it is pretty clear at this point that Al Quata won.

11 Sep 2011 12:45 #21 by archer
You brought in the sh** becky....please take it with you when you leave, and have a nice day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Sep 2011 12:48 #22 by Kate
Here's an interesting perspective on the 9/11 tragedy. Please read with an open mind.

http://therumpus.net/2011/09/the-decade ... -thinking/

Say you took the long view of September 11, 2001, the view from the heavens, the view of a compassionate celestial being. From up there, you’d see that approximately 150,000 earthlings died that day. Most of these deaths were caused by malnutrition and age-related illnesses, roughly 1500 were murders, hundreds more were due to civil wars. Also, 2,977 Americans were killed in terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington.

A lot of human beings died, that’s my point. They all left behind mourners.

Imagine the mother who watched her child die of hunger. Here’s this tiny person, a daughter. She has a name, a face. She doesn’t explode or fall from a skyscraper. She simply stops breathing. No cameras record her final moment, the lamentation of that mother. These images are not replayed on the television over and over and over. What would be the point of that?

If one of my relatives had died that day …

But, you see, none of them did. It felt fraudulent to me to appropriate the emotional life of those in mourning, to pretend those atrocities were something personal, to rhapsodize about national unity. What I felt was dread, a sense that my country was going to respond precisely as the terrorists intended: by becoming less human.

I visited a friend a week after the attacks, a good-hearted fellow who spent a lot of his time and money establishing a school for at-risk kids. He told me that he didn’t know exactly who’d done this to us, but that he wouldn’t mind seeing Uncle Sam drop a few hundred bombs on them. He looked down as he said this, because he knew, I think, that it was a shameful thing to say, that he was calling for other human beings to be killed, not because they had harmed him, or his family, but because they had harmed his sense of omnipotence.

11 Sep 2011 13:07 #23 by CC
NO...This thread started with sh**.....I just put my waders on to walk through it.

11 Sep 2011 13:07 #24 by LadyJazzer

Becky wrote: What a sad commentary written in this thread today.
The "War" machine is not bankrupting this country......The vote for "change" is.

You are as ignorant as you are partisan.

11 Sep 2011 13:31 - 11 Sep 2011 14:08 #25 by CC
and you are (happy) just a bitch LJ so I guess we are even.

11 Sep 2011 13:31 #26 by LadyJazzer
I think you meant "you're"....

11 Sep 2011 13:50 #27 by archer

LadyJazzer wrote: I think you meant "you're"....

those posting in hate rarely worry about using the proper word.

11 Sep 2011 14:10 #28 by CC

archer wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: I think you meant "you're"....

those posting in hate rarely worry about using the proper word.

hmmmm judgement? Pot/Kettle/Black?
Amazing. lol

11 Sep 2011 14:19 #29 by navycpo7

Becky wrote:

lionshead2010 wrote: So it's pretty clear that Al Qaeda won eh? Let me think about this.

This morning all of us woke up to a peaceful Sunday morning with clear air, fresh water and little to no threat of bodily harm. Our children have received all their vaccinations and will go to decent schools tomorrow morning-boys and girls both...and it's unlikely they will be attacked while doing this. Most of us graduated high school and many not only attended college but actually pursued post graduate endeavors. All of us will likely live well past our 45th birthday and probably well into our 80s or 90s. We don't all agree with the plans that our elected leaders have for us...but none of us are planning to hurt those leaders because we disagree. Our women don't have to wear headdress and aren't treated like property. My friends can actually talk to my wife when they come to visit...it's okay....I won't have to stone her, beat her or anything like that for having friendly conversation with men not in her immediate family. I might drink a beer this afternoon and watch some football.

How about our Al Qaeda buddies this morning? They likely woke up to the sound of gunfire or a Predator flying over their village. Most of their children have never had ANY vaccinations and many have had or still have malaria and other maladies the US doctor's have to read about in books because they no longer exist in that "loser" nation-the US. As a devout Al Qaeda member I left school very early to study religion instead and have about a 4th grade education. I'm going to yank my 8 year old son out of school any day now and I don't even want my daughter to attend at all.....so she can be just like her mom. Property. I'm going to spend my day with many other simple illiterate men who also smell like goats and who are full of hate for things they don't understand but we are plotting ways to assassinate our provincial governor because he simply isn't radical enough for us so all in all it's a pleasant day.. By the way, I'm in my early 40s and since the life expectancy here is 45 for men and 46 for women....I'm in the "autumn" of my life....I have few teeth, many aches and pains...and I'm generally in a constant state of pissed off. I'd love a cup of tea, but the water I drink every day smells strangely like sewage. What is beer and what is football? What is leisure?

So yes, if you call that "winning"...then Al Qaeda has certainly "won". I do see one silver lining though. None of the Al Qaeda have to listen to LJ, Archer and the rest of the libitards drone on and on about inconsequential things. I would call that a small win. :lol:

:thumbsup: :like: :yeahthat:

These sort of mindsets we have read in this thread against this amazing country can be expected from those who can't even spell the name of the enemy.

What amazes me, is how it is always the military that has bankrupt this nation. That goes to show how un informed people that do not know or doesn't what to know the truth.

Then after extending the debt ceiling all we hear is how the military and veterans should bear the burden of reducing the debt, (not in those exact words but the meaning was there), WHO IN THE HELL APPROVES THE BUDGETS, WHO IN THE HELL SENT US TO WAR. SURE AS HELL WAS NOT AND IS NOT THE MILITARY. We follow the orders of the Commander in Chief(also known as the President of the United States). We serve to defend this nation and the rights and benefits that go with that citizenship. Go do some damn research and you will find that the defense budget is smaller in size to some of the other things this country pays out.

11 Sep 2011 14:34 #30 by lionshead2010
Brother-freedom isn't free unless you are a liberal.

Then you have the luxury of sending others to do your dirty work. You are all about the exercising your right to the many freedoms afforded you with your citizenship...but since you spend most of your day ripping your country, you don't have time to actually go to war and pay for those freedoms. Besides, you abhor violence and really don't like the idea of getting dirty or hurt. You'd much rather sit on your fat and sorry ass making snarky remarks about how others live their lives.

Yes, in this Nation, even snarky, fat-assed liberals are afforded all the freedoms. And dammit...they think they are all free. They are a miserable and arrogant lot...but they ARE free.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds