So it is pretty clear at this point that Al Quata won.

14 Sep 2011 11:42 #91 by ScienceChic

ComputerBreath wrote:

Science Chic wrote: ...(they do unexploded ordinance clean-up and construction for the DoD - schools, bridges, army barracks, etc)...

SC...glad to see you abbreviated DoD correctly...I've begun to think the Department of Defense changed their abbreviation because no one can get it right. However, ordinance is a rule imposed by a government upon its citizens. Ordnance is the correct spelling to use when referring to ammunition and/or bombs.

Years spent proof-reading military documents...sorry, it comes as second nature to correct.

Thank you for the correction - I never even caught that spelling mistake and I pride myself on my spelling skills! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Sep 2011 14:11 #92 by ComputerBreath
Al Qaida's point in their terrorist attacks is to, among other reasons, keep the infidels (Americans) from harming their women and children and to punish us for defiling their holy land (Saudi Arabia)...even though we were invited by the host country to defend them.

So, have they succeeded? Not that I'm proud of this, but we are still harming their women and children...though from what I'm aware of, their treatment of their own women and children is abominable (but that is judging according to my American standards).

American service members are largely out of Saudi Arabia...so that part of their mission has worked...I don't believe that we left Saudi because Al Qaida wanted us out of there and were terrorizing a lot of countries and Americans, but there are things the U.S Government keeps secret, so what do I know.

The enemies are those people, individuals and in groups, that wish Americans harm and purport to do harm to Americans, American assets, and American allies throughout the world.

It isn't a matter of "winning"...it is a matter of sustaining safety for those people and assets under American protection. One American life saved or one piece of property or one asset saved is a notch in the "win" corner.

16 Sep 2011 00:32 #93 by The Boss
Wow.

Have not been on since I posted.

1. Amazed as I read that I did not find my new 2nd and ripped open A--ho=e, thanks to most of you for actually discussing.

2. Sorry that some folks who oppose discussing seemed to think that I spelled the folks that organized the original plot's name wrong. You remind me of the idiots who would give me crap for spelling tipi vs. teepee all those years they were sitting in their arm chairs while I was sleeping on that good old American ground. I simply ask you the same question....how do they spell it? I am not saying you are an idiot, I just know others you remind me of. I am also curious why this same individual kept his/her comments short and did not discuss any of the issues brought up. Dig your heel in, insult and purse your lips all you want. If you like this America better, then you can have it, I liked the highly flawed pre 9-11 USA better and cannot think of many things that were changed here outside of our own actions...or really any besides the actual destruction and death that day, which is matched monthly, as I have stated and you have not discussed not will you start a war on. Imagine a war on drunk driving? A war on people who wont discuss points (don;t worry, this would be a verbal war).

3. Sorry that some folks feel that if I can't walk that I cannot be as much of a patriot...even if the reason I can't walk is because I took a risk saving another American's life who really feels these wars are justified....but that risk was not taken in war, just in the risks we have in daily American life. But I get it, men can't have babies and patriots fight only on the front line, someone who saves 10 Americans in Iraq is more of a patriot than an someone who does the same at home for 100 lives...let's just keep believing that. I greatly appreciate our military and bummed that this misuses of it have made people loose so much respect for it and made other countries realize how limited we are (like the USSR was/is).

4. Thanks for playing.

5. Yes we may live longer and wake up without the sounds of guns (most of us), but we have far less rights than when it started. Yes we don't have to worry that much about being attacked, though we do have to worry more than before 9-11 because of our reaction. So we get attacked and to feel safe we increase the likely hood that we will be attacked and treat everyone like criminals so that we can still feel free. Don't forget to say towelhead so you can feel cool.

6. Curious why those that accept these wars as good are so ready to give up rights and so quick to not use stats and math? I am offended we were attacked, just like I would be offended if you slapped me...but if you slap me and I can do one of three things. Slap you back, cut my foot off or walk away laughing. Which sounds better and has the best result 5 minutes later and 3 days later. We did the equiv. of slapping back, then shooting back, then cutting both feet off, then looked at one of the feet and said "see" and then shot you again. So now it is 3 days later and I can't walk, you are dead, but I reacted cause I was pissed....and my kid is wondering how I will work to feed him (I was a champion kickboxer, that's why I reacted so quick).

7. Just so it is clear, the typical lines drawn on this site are bullsh** programming from both sides, you guys seem to eat up whatever your respective talk show hot head dish....your lines are literally rotated 90 degrees. You are split right down the middle and both sides seem to miss the point or ignore it just so they can bash spelling or these stupid parties. Bush did an really bad job, put either middle initial you want, Obama is not desirable, but cannot touch what Bush did to get us here. Obama did not end the issues, maybe it was too late, I don't really know....what I do know is we have lost when we say that it is the "change" that bankrupted America, ignoring the legislature, declaring president king, asking more and more of him from both sides. We have also lost when we constantly look to the pres to fix some free market issue, either side.

Those of us in the Northeast at the time did really enjoy that week without planes going overhead. It was quite peaceful. A good time to think about what had happened and the best reaction. That's about a peaceful as I have felt since then, once the planes started flying again, the peace was over.

Just about all changes in this country since Sept 1, 2001 (yes 1st) except a couple of disasters has been not just brought on by ourselves, but done by ourselves, no additional input needed. Throw a steak on the lawn and let the dog off the leash and see if you can write a different ending than the one I am thinking of, I dare you. I predicted your reaction, and I was right. Most people even on this forum do not think that we won. I do not really think of it as winning or loosing, but it is not really a war either is it?

16 Sep 2011 04:52 #94 by mtnjunkanoo

LadyJazzer wrote: Your ability to make assumptions...and be so totally wrong...is truly an inspiration. You're a credit to your Party, your Klan, and your mental illness.

LJ,
You have made some assumptions yourself there. What did you mean by "Klan"? Are you ridiculing mental illness? Exactly what mental illness are you speaking of? You should clarify your statements, or you might offend someone.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds