So it is pretty clear at this point that Al Quata won.

11 Sep 2011 14:52 #31 by archer

lionshead2010 wrote: Brother-freedom isn't free unless you are a liberal.

Then you have the luxury of sending others to do your dirty work. You are all about the exercising your right to the many freedoms afforded you with your citizenship...but since you spend most of your day ripping your country, you don't have time to actually go to war and pay for those freedoms. Besides, you abhor violence and really don't like the idea of getting dirty or hurt. You'd much rather sit on your fat and sorry ass making snarky remarks about how others live their lives.

Yes, in this Nation, even snarky, fat-assed liberals are afforded all the freedoms. And dammit...they think they are all free. They are a miserable and arrogant lot...but they ARE free.

lionshead, that brush you are using to paint liberals with is so broad you will likely trip over it. Once again a conservative tries to marginalize 1/2 the citizens of this great nation.......I do wonder how you rationalize the liberals in the military, the liberals who send their sons and daughters to fight for YOU? When it comes to snarky remarks about how people live, we liberals are rank amateurs against the constant demeaning posts by conservatives about liberals. Today has been especially full of hate speech......what is it about a national day of rememberance that brings out the worst in our conservative citizens?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Sep 2011 15:21 #32 by LadyJazzer
Your ability to make assumptions...and be so totally wrong...is truly an inspiration. You're a credit to your Party, your Klan, and your mental illness.

11 Sep 2011 15:25 #33 by homeagain

Kate wrote: Here's an interesting perspective on the 9/11 tragedy. Please read with an open mind.

http://therumpus.net/2011/09/the-decade ... -thinking/

Say you took the long view of September 11, 2001, the view from the heavens, the view of a compassionate celestial being. From up there, you’d see that approximately 150,000 earthlings died that day. Most of these deaths were caused by malnutrition and age-related illnesses, roughly 1500 were murders, hundreds more were due to civil wars. Also, 2,977 Americans were killed in terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington.

A lot of human beings died, that’s my point. They all left behind mourners.

Imagine the mother who watched her child die of hunger. Here’s this tiny person, a daughter. She has a name, a face. She doesn’t explode or fall from a skyscraper. She simply stops breathing. No cameras record her final moment, the lamentation of that mother. These images are not replayed on the television over and over and over. What would be the point of that?

If one of my relatives had died that day …

But, you see, none of them did. It felt fraudulent to me to appropriate the emotional life of those in mourning, to pretend those atrocities were something personal, to rhapsodize about national unity. What I felt was dread, a sense that my country was going to respond precisely as the terrorists intended: by becoming less human.

I visited a friend a week after the attacks, a good-hearted fellow who spent a lot of his time and money establishing a school for at-risk kids. He told me that he didn’t know exactly who’d done this to us, but that he wouldn’t mind seeing Uncle Sam drop a few hundred bombs on them. He looked down as he said this, because he knew, I think, that it was a shameful thing to say, that he was calling for other human beings to be killed, not because they had harmed him, or his family, but because they had harmed his sense of omnipotence.

THANK YOU for posting this......what is the REAL tragedy is that NO ONE here commented on it......
It has ALWAYS been my belief that the VEIL of denial was lifted that day 10 years ago. We ALL lived in that ego-centered,SAFE cocoon that led us to believe WE could never experience suffering,despair so deep it ravages the mind. THAT changed, Sept. 11th and our existence NOW has a different future.....much like the rest of the world. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE POST.....JMO

11 Sep 2011 15:36 #34 by Arlen
It is amazing that the liberals on this forum start spreading their hate of America and then accuse conservatives of being partisan. The liberals despise the country in which they were raised in comfort. Amazing!

11 Sep 2011 15:39 #35 by archer

Arlen wrote: It is amazing that the liberals on this forum start spreading their hate of America and then accuse conservatives of being partisan. The liberals despise the country in which they were raised in comfort. Amazing!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Drink much :Koolaid: lately?

.......trying to convince yourself that liberals hate America is a waste of time....they don't. And...no matter how many times you say they do, it's still a lie.

.........oh, and conservatives are partisan, so are liberals.....and you thought we didn't have anything in common.

11 Sep 2011 15:40 #36 by Arlen
Go back and re-read this thread from the beginnning. Pay close attention to what was said and how it was said.

I do not remember stating that we have nothing in common. I do believe that you have a separate sound track going on in your head.

11 Sep 2011 15:53 #37 by Kate

Arlen wrote: It is amazing that the liberals on this forum start spreading their hate of America and then accuse conservatives of being partisan. The liberals despise the country in which they were raised in comfort. Amazing!

Arlen wrote: Go back and re-read this thread from the beginnning. Pay close attention to what was said and how it was said.

I do not remember stating that we have nothing in common. I do believe that you have a separate sound track going on in your head.

Perhaps you could go back through this thread and quote some of the posts that you consider to be spreading hatred of America? It should be pretty easy to do and would clarify it for everyone, rather than just telling us to "go back and re-read."

11 Sep 2011 15:59 #38 by Arlen
Kate, archer, and LJ. Quite a trio of haters of America and their fellowman.

Read it yourself.

11 Sep 2011 16:00 #39 by Kate

Arlen wrote: Kate, archer, and LJ. Quite a trio of haters of America and their fellowman.

Read it yourself.

So, you got nothing.

11 Sep 2011 16:04 #40 by Arlen
That might be your take on it. But if you are an honest person you will do your own reading instead of trying to place burden on others. This is not a poker game where bluffing wins anything.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds