judge orders Obama to appear in court - Birther Suit.

27 Jan 2012 17:52 #21 by Martin Ent Inc
Florida is jumpng in to the ring. And don't count out Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jan 2012 19:30 #22 by archer
Amazing...so many states complaining about budget shortfalls and debt problems...yet they can afford to waste both money and resources on lawsuits they should know they can't win. They do get publicity and the support of some fringe conservatives....but that won't help pay their bills.

I find it sad that hatred trumps reason and the best interests of the people of these states
But that seems to be typical of some conservatives. It's all about them and feeding their hate.

27 Jan 2012 19:53 #23 by pineinthegrass

archer wrote: Amazing...so many states complaining about budget shortfalls and debt problems...yet they can afford to waste both money and resources on lawsuits they should know they can't win. They do get publicity and the support of some fringe conservatives....but that won't help pay their bills.

I find it sad that hatred trumps reason and the best interests of the people of these states
But that seems to be typical of some conservatives. It's all about them and feeding their hate.

What's changed since Obama first ran in 2008? His father wasn't a citizen back then either. If it didn't matter then, why does it matter now? Did they file the same suits back then?

Seems to me that if you are born here and at least one parent is a citizen, you are clearly a citizen. We can debate if you are a citizen if neither parent is a citizen and here illegally, but Obama's case seems cut and dried to me. He's a citizen. Live with it and beat him fair and square in an election if you can.

27 Jan 2012 22:28 #24 by Arlen
The "birthers" won this one. Obama's name cannot appear on the primary ballot in Georgia.

Citizen does not equal natural born citizen.

Hey, archer, why don't you say "racism" instead of "hate". But let's face it: you do not know what is in the hearts of others.

27 Jan 2012 22:46 #25 by archer

Arlen wrote: The "birthers" won this one. Obama's name cannot appear on the primary ballot in Georgia.

Citizen does not equal natural born citizen.

Hey, archer, why don't you say "racism" instead of "hate". But let's face it: you do not know what is in the hearts of others.

I wasn't thinking racism, I was thinking "hate"......you obviously were thinking racism.....I wonder why.

No....I don't know what is in the hearts of others....but I know and recognize hatred when I see it played out in the courts and on message boards.

27 Jan 2012 22:52 #26 by Arlen

archer wrote: I wasn't thinking racism, I was thinking "hate"......you obviously were thinking racism.....I wonder why.

No....I don't know what is in the hearts of others....but I know and recognize hatred when I see it played out in the courts and on message boards.

I wasn't thinking hate, but obviously you were thinking hate...........I wonder why.

What is played out in the courts is justice. But tell me, are you the type of person who assigns baser motives to those with whom you do not agree? Very many times this is an indicator of what might be in the heart of one who assigns baser motives to others.

27 Jan 2012 22:58 #27 by archer

Arlen wrote:

archer wrote: I wasn't thinking racism, I was thinking "hate"......you obviously were thinking racism.....I wonder why.

I wasn't thinking hate, but obviously you were thinking hate...........I wonder why.

What is played out in the courts is justice. But tell me, are you the type of person who assigns baser motives to those with whom you do not agree? Very many times this is an indicator of what might be in the heart of one who assigns baser motives to others.

Really Arlen....what were you thinking?

You read too much into posts, I wonder if what you see in my post is an indicator of what might be in your own heart.

28 Jan 2012 09:02 #28 by Arlen

archer wrote:

Arlen wrote:

Really Arlen....what were you thinking?

You read too much into posts, I wonder if what you see in my post is an indicator of what might be in your own heart.

Women!

28 Jan 2012 10:34 #29 by Rockdoc
Great deflection. No discussion of the issue at all. The issue is that some states question (for whatever motives they may have, be it political, racists, etc) Obama's birth records. People or states have that right to question and ask for court clarification or judgement. Why is it necessary to attack someone's sanity, right or political position? Is it justified because you desire to defend your political leader and therefore wish to silence all of those who dare to question? Are you afraid that there may be something hidden whose exposure you fear revealed? If there is nothing to hide or fear, why not have the matter certified by a court and move on instead of leaving doubt? I'm aware that some people will never be satisfied with any kind of evidence, but a much larger population clearly would find comfort with a critical analysis and judgement. It seems that the continued obstruction will work against Obama more than it will work for him.

28 Jan 2012 11:13 #30 by AspenValley

Rockdoc Franz wrote: If there is nothing to hide or fear, why not have the matter certified by a court and move on instead of leaving doubt?

Anyone who thinks you will do just fine in a court of law if you have nothing to fear or hide has never dealt with one.

Frivilous, baseless, unfair lawsuits are brought all the time, and what's more, the dirtbags who file them win much more often than is commonly realized.

Besides, do you seriously think that if the court "certified" Obama's birth certificate that it would stop the birthers "doubts"? I don't think anything would.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds