judge orders Obama to appear in court - Birther Suit.

01 Feb 2012 18:32 #81 by Arlen

archer wrote: Apparently honesty means nothing to you.....you used a copy paste and tried to pass it off as your own (otherwise you would have cited the source)....dishonesty must be a true conservative trait.

I made no claim that the list was my own. (Please point to that claim.)

These facts that I listed belong to history. You read about them in history class in grade school. There is absolutely no need to "reference" them. Many of the facts occured in your lifetime. Do you need reference for observation of your own lifetime.
I will tell you why you want reference. It is because you want to diminish the source (an opportunity for deflection).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2012 18:33 #82 by Rockdoc
Indeed. Impossible to have a reasonable discussion. I'm out of here.

01 Feb 2012 18:36 #83 by Arlen

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Indeed. Impossible to have a reasonable discussion. I'm out of here.

What do you mean?

01 Feb 2012 18:57 #84 by Soulshiner
She might be looking for a reference because you keep calling them facts when that statement is in dispute.

I thought on this board when you copy and paste you needed to cite where you took it from. By giving references, posters help show that their post is not just their opinion. You can agree with something 100%, but to keep an honest level playing field, one should cite the source that they cut and paste from. I'm sure at the least the original author would appreciate it.

If one has faith in their source, they shouldn't be afraid to open it to examination and even possibly criticism. If one doesn't, they shouldn't use the material as a part of the backing of their viewpoint. IMHO

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

01 Feb 2012 19:05 #85 by Arlen

Soulshiner wrote: She might be looking for a reference because you keep calling them facts when that statement is in dispute.

I thought on this board when you copy and paste you needed to cite where you took it from. By giving references, posters help show that their post is not just their opinion. You can agree with something 100%, but to keep an honest level playing field, one should cite the source that they cut and paste from. I'm sure at the least the original author would appreciate it.

If one has faith in their source, they shouldn't be afraid to open it to examination and even possibly criticism. If one doesn't, they shouldn't use the material as a part of the backing of their viewpoint. IMHO

I doubt that those facts need reference to any American citizen.
If she is that ignorant of American history (known to any grade school child) then she should refrain from posting on a public forum.

You assume incorrectly about citing facts which are common knowledge. I take exception to you saying that my opinion is of not consequence compared to some post appearing elsewhere on the internet.

Archer has stated earlier in posts that she does not need to source her opinions so I have honored her with similar sentiment.

Thank you for your chilvalric defense of your friend.

01 Feb 2012 19:14 #86 by LadyJazzer
They aren't "facts"... They're partisan bullsh*t...

01 Feb 2012 20:40 #87 by Arlen

LadyJazzer wrote: They aren't "facts"... They're partisan bullsh*t...

Now, THAT is funny!

01 Feb 2012 20:43 #88 by LadyJazzer
I thought the list was pretty funny too...

Too bad the usual trolls don't have an original idea, and can only post the usual unattributed b.s. from their neo-nazi email lists....

01 Feb 2012 20:59 #89 by Arlen

LadyJazzer wrote: I thought the list was pretty funny too...

Too bad the usual trolls don't have an original idea, and can only post the usual unattributed b.s. from their neo-nazi email lists....

Didn't you have American History in grade school? Or do they not teach this any longer?

Do you not remember the black children being killed whenever their Sunday school church was bombed back in the 1960s?

Don't you remember LBJ and his racist comments?

These things are not from the imagination of a neo-nazi email list. None of the historical facts concerning the Democratic Party were dreamed up by some email list or blog. They are burned into the pages of American History by the actions of the Dem. Party.

It is the legacy of the Democratic Party, and you think it is funny!

01 Feb 2012 21:06 #90 by archer

Arlen wrote:

Archer has stated earlier in posts that she does not need to source her opinions so I have honored her with similar sentiment.

I don't have to source my own opinions. But, unlike you, I will source someone elses opinion. Not to do so is dishonest. If you are not intelligent enough to create your own stuff at least give credit to those you steal your stuff from.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds